HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Would you rather ...... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070977)

AcadiaAxeMan 01-04-2012 06:39 PM

Would you rather ......

Pick 4-7th in the draft and take the best player available (speculative) or trade our first + Subban for #1 overall and select Yakupov?

With some good D on the horizon, I think where I'd go on this - Yakupov would be a very different player for us - one we haven't had in too long!!

Habiton 01-04-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan (Post 41912969)
Pick 4-7th in the draft and take the best player available (speculative) or trade our first + Subban for #1 overall and select Yakupov?

With some good D on the horizon, I think where I'd go on this - Yakupov would be a very different player for us - one we haven't had in too long!!

**** no. Holy **** no. No. No. No. Get the point? Do not want that cocky Russian *******

Crimson Skorpion 01-04-2012 06:42 PM

Pick 4th-7th and keep Subban. Select Girgensons.

Traitor8 01-04-2012 06:43 PM

Keep 4th, Trade Price for 1st.

JHabs 01-04-2012 06:48 PM

Interesting offer...but at 4-6 we can get what we need, Forsberg, Galchenyuk.

Mathradio 01-04-2012 06:49 PM

Who would you want between Forsberg, Girgensons or Galchenyuk? If Grigorenko is still available by our pick, we take Grigorenko and run.

LyricalLyricist 01-04-2012 07:00 PM

Keep subban, add to the young core. Don't trade 1 piece for another.

sukimono 01-04-2012 07:03 PM

Makes no sense to trade Subban + our 1st for Yakupov.

Gomez in the AHL, trade Cammy & Gionta for picks. We finish 29th or 30th overall and we are very likely to draft Yakupov or Grigorenko. AND WE KEEP SUBBAN.

RoyBoyCoy 01-04-2012 07:06 PM

Galchenyuk/Girgensons + Subban > Yakupov

FiveForDrawingBlood 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

I highly doubt that first round pick will be available. Team be nuts to deal Yakupov

I was thinking trade Subban in a package for #1 center and take our 7th overall or whatever pick and draft Dumba or Reinhart to replace Subban with a good young defenseman.

AcadiaAxeMan 01-04-2012 07:48 PM

thanks for the feedback - I absolutely, would NOT trade PK, and instead add to the depth many have mentioned - threw out the prospect of getting Yakupov as a gem, but agree - build on youth - we are on that move now, like it or not, and need to shed some $$$ with unproductive vets!

Thanks Boys!

AAM

Vasculio 01-04-2012 07:55 PM

No way should we trade Subban, neither our 1st, if we continue tu suck, might as well try to get 1st/2nd rnd picks instead, and try to cash in. Like some said, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Girgensons will be available by our pick (if we finish that low), so it's all good.

Hank Scorpio 01-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Agreed but you know what else we haven't had in a long time... a defense core with the potential Subban, Tinordi, and Beaulieu can bring playing in front of Carey Price. By the time they they join PK with the big club, we'll still have Gorges and Diaz/Emelin will have another few seasons under their belts. As you mention, we have some very good D on the horizon so lets try to keep that together rather then sell it off-- even if it's for a prospect that boasts the same potential Yakupov does.

BLASPHEMOUS 01-04-2012 08:29 PM

I would not bother for first overall. Yakupov is legit, but I would rather take my chances and hope Grigorenko somehow falls to us. Unlikely, perhaps, but Grigorenko is EXACTLY what this team has lacked for the longest time. Plus, if Patrick Roy became our coach, it would make the Grigorenko selection even sweeter.

beowulf 01-04-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endersoldier (Post 41919545)
I would not bother for first overall. Yakupov is legit, but I would rather take my chances and hope Grigorenko somehow falls to us. Unlikely, perhaps, but Grigorenko is EXACTLY what this team has lacked for the longest time. Plus, if Patrick Roy became our coach, it would make the Grigorenko selection even sweeter.

no to Roy as coach, no, no, no, no.

Habs 4 Life 01-04-2012 09:25 PM

PK Subban is part of this team's future just like is Price and just like the draft pick will be. Keep our pick and move forward with it

wedge 01-04-2012 09:26 PM

the only way I would trade Subban and a 1st for 1st overall is if we had an extra pick, say 20th overall. Then I'd do it.

24stanleycups* 01-04-2012 09:27 PM

Dude, are you crazy. I don't want any more ****ing russians. one glass player is enough. They don't understand physicality, they take stupid penalties, and almsot all of them are overhyped. If you want to win take a winner. Canadian is the only way to go. If we are low though i migbht considering trading it for a forward, or possibly drafting murray and trading tinordi for a forward.

FiveForDrawingBlood 01-05-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 41923955)
Dude, are you crazy. I don't want any more ****ing russians. one glass player is enough. They don't understand physicality, they take stupid penalties, and almsot all of them are overhyped. If you want to win take a winner. Canadian is the only way to go. If we are low though i migbht considering trading it for a forward, or possibly drafting murray and trading tinordi for a forward.

That thinking was Serge Savard anti-Euro talk

Habs 4 Life 01-05-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

You wouldn't want Malkin, Datsyuk and Ovechkin on the Habs? Not all of them are the same. Emelin not physical enough for you?

andy28 01-05-2012 07:41 AM

Can't see Columbus or whoever trading away Yakupov. I think those top 7 or so picks are looking pretty sweet, anyways.

Dirty Danglez 01-05-2012 08:45 AM

I voted for Yakupov but only cause I miss clicked :(

The Kremelin Wall* 01-05-2012 08:49 AM

If we're picking fourth, just stay there. Hope that picks 2 and 3 need defenseman or aren't high on Grigorenko.

Quarantesix 01-05-2012 09:00 AM

The team who will have a chance to draft Yukupov will keep his pick.

And yes the Habs should trade pk and their first if it's for Yakupov .

Quarantesix 01-05-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Did you saw the world junior?