HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition*** (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1071783)

Fitzy 01-05-2012 05:06 PM

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

We are at 1k once again.

Clowes Line 01-05-2012 05:11 PM

Thomas + Sauer + 2nd for Ryan :sarcasm:

But seriously, I'd do it.

RGY 01-05-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41959745)

That id do but i doubt anaheim
does it. itd be tough to trade sauer because of his toughness but with rupp on board i feel more comfortable

Clowes Line 01-05-2012 05:15 PM

It appears Bobby Ryan has already been traded to "Around the Horn". :( aww man!

EEDAWGZ 01-05-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41959933)
It appears Bobby Ryan has already been traded to "Around the Horn". :( aww man!

wha?

Clowes Line 01-05-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ (Post 41960513)
wha?

I forgot to put a :sarcasm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Bob_Ryan.JPG

Bob Ryan from Around the Horn

SupersonicMonkey* 01-05-2012 05:29 PM

Tuomo Ruutu

Anisimov. Stepan. Gaborik
Ruutu. Richards. Callahan
Hagelin. Dubinsky. Fedotenko
Rupp. Boyle. Prust

Blueblood9 01-05-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 41960725)
Tuomo Ruutu

Rupp. Boyle. Prust

for?

Drewbackatu* 01-05-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41959745)

Hate to part with Sauer; he's so sound positionally and adds lotsa toughness to our defense. I really don't think Anaheim would do this deal anyway.

ThisYearsModel 01-05-2012 05:32 PM

Rangers are very deep on D. They could deal Sauer if they wanted to. After all, they have Bickel now.

Muh 01-05-2012 05:39 PM

Cause all this Sauer talk, curious what kind of value we would get for him.

Iirc from these boards, Sauer has had concussion problems. Along with his most recent one from Phaneuf hit, dunno how high teams value him.

Callagraves 01-05-2012 05:39 PM

Not nuts about this moving Sauer trend. We have plenty of potential top 4 defensemen. Not many proven.

EEDAWGZ 01-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41960673)
I forgot to put a :sarcasm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Bob_Ryan.JPG

Bob Ryan from Around the Horn

oh . :laugh:

gluvhand 01-05-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muh (Post 41961221)
Cause all this Sauer talk, curious what kind of value we would get for him.

Iirc from these boards, Sauer has had concussion problems. Along with his most recent one from Phaneuf hit, dunno how high teams value him.

He's had injuries. I don't know if concussions are part of his history until now though.

Gardner McKay 01-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 41960865)
Hate to part with Sauer; he's so sound positionally and adds lotsa toughness to our defense. I really don't think Anaheim would do this deal anyway.

Agree I don't think they would either. Maybe a 1st would get them to consider it but I really don't want to tinker with our defense. However, sauer does have a history with injuries and if another team is willing to gamble on him for a bobby Ryan type return id have a hard time saying no

SupersonicMonkey* 01-05-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblood9 (Post 41960791)
for?

Im guessing not as much as Doan (who I love and think would fit great) and Ryan (who I love more and think would fit better).

2nd round pick, Zuccarello, mid-level prospect.

Ruutu would fit great here. He can be down right nasty physically. And he can score. Not at an elite level but he can score and would add solid depth in that regard.

I should have mentioned, obviously we would need to trade Wolski to clear cap space.

Vitto79 01-05-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 41960725)
Tuomo Ruutu

Rupp. Boyle. Prust

Ruutu is also realistic without giving up a boat load............a 2nd plus Zuccarello likely does it cause he's a rental

btw Zuke is a AHL all star and is almost back from injury. Still young just needs a change of scenery like the Canes

I am sure someone takes a flyer on Wolski at the deadline if he needs to be moved for salary. He will be a UFA anyway as no one will qualify that contract

n8 01-05-2012 07:04 PM

lol at thread title.

i think we have a log jam at LD

Staal
McD
MDZ
Erixon
Woywitka
Valentenko

really, it's what do you do with Erixon? does one of the other guys move to RD? which looks like Girardi, Sauer, Stralman, Bickel, Eminger, eventually McIlrath. Not sure how we can move Sauer right now unless a UFA RD is in our future plans, one of our scrubby RD gets resigned, or McIlrath miraculously blossoms into a NHL-ready D (he'll probably take awhile like Sauer did)

bernmeister 01-05-2012 07:09 PM

Replying to quote from RGY (prior thread just closed):

Your comment:
"Jeff Woywitka tough? And you sit here and try to downplay my laughter at you. Sure the Ducks want toughness on the blueline but Jeff Woywitka certainly is not the answer. You're making him sound like he is Brooks Orpik or Mike Sauer. You need to get your head screwed on right because it's a little loose.

And Murray is not taking picks. I dont know why you cant get that through your thick head. He'd rather hold onto Perry/Getzlaf than to deal them for just draft picks. Because like he himself is saying he is not looking to rebuild. He does not want to start from the ground up. I know its hard with basic reading comprehension skills. But keep posting your silly proposals. They do bring such laughter which like you have said yourself is the best medicine."

My reply:
Doesn't matter that JW is not the second coming of Chara, or any other really tough, exceptionally strong guy, like Orpik, etc (which I never said).
He is tough ENOUGH and plays hard ENOUGH to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Accordingly, he has value and use to Ducks on soft D corps unless and until they get some one better (including particularly as to toughness) from somewhere else.
So, as logic yet once again prevails, you are wrong. You can admit it or not, but that is what the fact demonstrates.

As to Murray, it's not that hard to understand.
He can ask for ANYTHING he wants.
He will take the best offer.
If that offer must include draft picks, he will gag and swallow and take them.

Of course, to be all or largely picks, that would have to be a high number of picks.
Some variables with such construct may make sense, others not, depending upon what players are involved and the picks.

Was that SO hard to understand?

As to your arrogant taunts which are just looking to be acknowledged as trolling, I will hold off for now and give you enough rope to hang yourself. But be advised at your own risk you that you can taunt all you want, but remember, if I choose to, I give better than I get. My "thick head" can at least generate and comprehend rationale basis and logic, and not merely engage in ad hominum attacks; take care it is you who is not made to bend, buckle and break before the bernmeister!

BrooklynRangersFan 01-05-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 41959433)
We are at 1k once again.

Quite possibly my favorite thread title in recent memory. Well done, sir!

EvilCorporateLawyer 01-05-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 41965391)
lol at thread title.

i think we have a log jam at LD

Staal
McD
MDZ
Erixon
Woywitka
Valentenko

really, it's what do you do with Erixon? does one of the other guys move to RD? which looks like Girardi, Sauer, Stralman, Bickel, Eminger, eventually McIlrath. Not sure how we can move Sauer right now unless a UFA RD is in our future plans, one of our scrubby RD gets resigned, or McIlrath miraculously blossoms into a NHL-ready D (he'll probably take awhile like Sauer did)

Valentenko doesn't count towards any "log jam".

One of the above can/will move over to the right.

Gabotrick 01-05-2012 08:11 PM

Lets make a real story this deadline trade thomas sauer and a 1st for bobby ryan and then trade MZA and a 2nd for Ruutu and then were all happy...:naughty:

Draft Guru 01-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabotrick (Post 41970655)
Lets make a real story this deadline trade thomas sauer and a 1st for bobby ryan and then trade MZA and a 2nd for Ruutu and then were all happy...:naughty:

This isn't NHL 12.

There's a thing in the NHL called a salary cap ;)

Giglio NYR15 01-05-2012 08:54 PM

53 days until the trade deadline, and this can all end.....I hope.

Gabotrick 01-05-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru (Post 41974725)
This isn't NHL 12.

There's a thing in the NHL called a salary cap ;)

Notice my emote I was joking...