HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1072453)

Waltah* 01-06-2012 05:46 AM

Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

There will be alot of hustle and bustle today so a pre-game thread seemed appropriate, given the recent twitter comments and news articles

The garden is going to be rocking tomorrow. Broons gunna Broon

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waltah (Post 42000405)
There will be alot of hustle and bustle today so a pre-game thread seemed appropriate, given the recent twitter comments and news articles

The garden is going to be rocking tomorrow. Broons gunna Broon

Just lurking, I swear I'm not here as the Canucks Defender Squad. I just wanted to say your kid is effing adorable.

Back to the shadows.

ODAAT 01-06-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000557)
Just lurking, I swear I'm not here as the Canucks Defender Squad. I just wanted to say your kid is effing adorable.

Back to the shadows.

What??? A reasonable Nuck fan??? Nice

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 42000563)
What??? A reasonable Nuck fan??? Nice

There are a few of us, I promise.

ranold26 01-06-2012 06:10 AM

Usually, hyped up games disappoint in living up to the hype...... this one might turn out to be an exception.

FTF: Vancouver is the club that has to prove something..

ODAAT 01-06-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000571)
There are a few of us, I promise.

I really wish those "few" were the one`s who pop on here for a solid, knowledgeable and intelligent hockey talk such as yourself, instead...........well, I won`t go there, you know the rest;)

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 42000609)
I really wish those "few" were the one`s who pop on here for a solid, knowledgeable and intelligent hockey talk such as yourself, instead...........well, I won`t go there, you know the rest;)

Hey I hear you. If you can't be constructive and polite with your comments, don't post in other teams boards. We've had a couple really great Bruins fans pop over to our board. We all love the sport, and if you don't like what your reading, do yourself a favour and bow out.

This is my first trip to Boston, I'm going to see the game. I'm super excited.

ODAAT 01-06-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000639)
Hey I hear you. If you can't be constructive and polite with your comments, don't post in other teams boards. We've had a couple really great Bruins fans pop over to our board. We all love the sport, and if you don't like what your reading, do yourself a favour and bow out.

It`s the main reason why I imposed a personal rule about not "contributing" when I go to another teams site (which I often do to find our more about that team). It`s far too easy to get caught up in a mess and it isn`t worth it.

Holyhell 01-06-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Boston is amazing. Top 3 favourite cities. Have fun, should be one of the best games of the year!
From a (boston) well wishing Avs fan.

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 42000703)
It`s the main reason why I imposed a personal rule about not "contributing" when I go to another teams site (which I often do to find our more about that team). It`s far too easy to get caught up in a mess and it isn`t worth it.

Good on you. No one should have to defend their team to an opponent in their own boards, you know what I mean?

That said, I'm looking forward to an exciting game. Two big powerhouses are always exciting to watch, former Stanley Cup Finals teams or not. I just hope for no major injuries on either side, and that hopefully the matinee game isn't going to mess with the Bruins' or Canucks' internal clocks.

I hear Marchand may be out with the flu, but is likely a game-time decision. Both teams are missing a Top 6 winger (Vancouver is still missing Booth with a knee injury, should be back soon), so I'm really interested to see what the game-plans are.

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holyhell (Post 42000739)
Boston is amazing. Top 3 favourite cities. Have fun, should be one of the best games of the year!
From a (boston) well wishing Avs fan.

Yeah, I've been googling pictures ever since I got gifted the tickets (early birthday/Christmas present) and I'm really excited to see the history and sights. Despite what some Vancouver fans think, I've heard that the majority of Bruins fans in the Garden are really great and won't be TOO heckling as long as you respect you're the minority.

But hey, Happy Birthday to me (today). Can't ask for a better way to spend it.

ODAAT 01-06-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000749)
Good on you. No one should have to defend their team to an opponent in their own boards, you know what I mean?

That said, I'm looking forward to an exciting game. Two big powerhouses are always exciting to watch, former Stanley Cup Finals teams or not. I just hope for no major injuries on either side, and that hopefully the matinee game isn't going to mess with the Bruins' or Canucks' internal clocks.

I hear Marchand may be out with the flu, but is likely a game-time decision. Both teams are missing a Top 6 winger (Vancouver is still missing Booth with a knee injury, should be back soon), so I'm really interested to see what the game-plans are.

Marchand didn`t play last night either against the Flames, his 2nd line replacement was Pouliot (who`s started to look very good in the last month) and all he did was play a very assertive game and pick up 3 assists. I can`t see Marchand missing this tilt, the little bugger lives for these kinds of games:)

Not that he`s going to do that each game, but as far as the forward corps go, this team is deep, injuries (gawd forbid) on the back end leave me concerned but our GM has loads of cap space to add someone if need be.

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 42000757)
Marchand didn`t play last night either against the Flames, his 2nd line replacement was Pouliot (who`s started to look very good in the last month) and all he did was play a very assertive game and pick up 3 assists. I can`t see Marchand missing this tilt, the little bugger lives for these kinds of games:)

Not that he`s going to do that each game, but as far as the forward corps go, this team is deep, injuries (gawd forbid) on the back end leave me concerned but our GM has loads of cap space to add someone if need be.

Yeah, as much as I didn't like Marchand during the finals, I really wanna see him play tomorrow. Guy just ups it to an entirely different level in these type of games. I think the reffing will be a bit tighter than Finals since its RS, but he's obviously proven he's not just a 'rat'. He's that guy I love to hate, but would love him on my team (kind of like Burrows, but that's just my personal opinion).

I like what Vancouver did this year by adding some great forward depth with Booth and other players have been stepping it up a lot. No one expected Raymond to come back after 4 months off and play like he is now, it's quite an inspirational thing. I can see why Boston was so successful last year with having great depth. With Hodgson's breakout year so far (total surprise) our third line is quite good. Maybe not on the same level as Kelly's line defensively, but they're a solid offensive contributor instead of a pure defensive line.

Hoping Schneider gets the start in B-Town. Not because Lu hasn't been great (he has), but Ginger Bricks only gets to play in his hometown once in awhile and I think it would be great for his family to see him play at home.

ODAAT 01-06-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000803)
Yeah, as much as I didn't like Marchand during the finals, I really wanna see him play tomorrow. Guy just ups it to an entirely different level in these type of games. I think the reffing will be a bit tighter than Finals since its RS, but he's obviously proven he's not just a 'rat'. He's that guy I love to hate, but would love him on my team (kind of like Burrows, but that's just my personal opinion).

I like what Vancouver did this year by adding some great forward depth with Booth and other players have been stepping it up a lot. No one expected Raymond to come back after 4 months off and play like he is now, it's quite an inspirational thing. I can see why Boston was so successful last year with having great depth. With Hodgson's breakout year so far (total surprise) our third line is quite good. Maybe not on the same level as Kelly's line defensively, but they're a solid offensive contributor instead of a pure defensive line.

Hoping Schneider gets the start in B-Town. Not because Lu hasn't been great (he has), but Ginger Bricks only gets to play in his hometown once in awhile and I think it would be great for his family to see him play at home.

If Marchand wasn`t a Bruin, whichever team he played for, he`d be the most hated guy here;) I`m not always fond of his on ice acts from time to time, but again, being a Bruin fan, I both cringe and smirk when I watch him;)

Ginger Bricks, that`s a good one

The one aspect of the Nucks that will be tested is their committment to one another in the form of team toughness, do they have one another`s backs, with the Bruins, it`s almost like that`s the first thing drilled into their heads, there isn`t one player in that lineup who wouldn`t take a hit, dive to block a shot, drop the mitts for his teammate.

thepuckmonster 01-06-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 42000817)
If Marchand wasn`t a Bruin, whichever team he played for, he`d be the most hated guy here;) I`m not always fond of his on ice acts from time to time, but again, being a Bruin fan, I both cringe and smirk when I watch him;)

Ginger Bricks, that`s a good one

The one aspect of the Nucks that will be tested is their committment to one another in the form of team toughness, do they have one another`s backs, with the Bruins, it`s almost like that`s the first thing drilled into their heads, there isn`t one player in that lineup who wouldn`t take a hit, dive to block a shot, drop the mitts for his teammate.

Always be proud of your team, and the players on it. It doesn't matter what others think, as long as you love to watch them.

Definitely looking forward to seeing homeboy Lucic, he's one of my favourites in the league. When I went to Game 2 during the finals, he signed my Stanley Cup program, was a really great thing for him to do, especially since the security was so tight. Thomas, too. Its always great to see that, especially since I'm not a Boston fan (or hater), take the time to talk to people and be friendly.

Team toughness has improved, though its nowhere near Boston's level, but baby steps. Vancouver can't play like the Bruins, but they've definitely been more 'tough' than last year. Still a bit to go.

Waltah* 01-06-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000557)

Back to the shadows.

Ha, thanks man.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 42000755)
Yeah, I've been googling pictures ever since I got gifted the tickets (early birthday/Christmas present) and I'm really excited to see the history and sights. Despite what some Vancouver fans think, I've heard that the majority of Bruins fans in the Garden are really great and won't be TOO heckling as long as you respect you're the minority.

Don't let the few fans that say nasty crap sour you view on the fan base. The wife and I got heckled in Toronto along with a beer bottle thrown at us. There's dumb fans in every fanbase

Corp 01-06-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Where you're sitting will have a lot to do with how much crap you get. I can guarantee you'll have at least a bit of heckling coming your way, but if you're in the lower bowl you won't hear much. Up in the balcony is where it gets interesting, but for the most part it really shouldn't be too bad.

Hnidy Hnight 01-06-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Happy Birthday, pretty kick ass way to celebrate it. Have fun

Bruinsfan_37 01-06-2012 07:44 AM

I can't wait, I hope we we do exactly what we did to them last year in the playoffs at the Garden. Destroy them

Let's Go Bruins! :yo:

TMac21 01-06-2012 07:46 AM

I would love to be in Boston tomorrow morning to go to this game...so jealous of those who get to go.

8spokesontheB 01-06-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Despite what some Vancouver fans think, I've heard that the majority of Bruins fans in the Garden are really great and won't be TOO heckling as long as you respect you're the minority.

Well...if you were here for a Blue Jackets game and you were rockin' yer Nash jersey you'd probly enjoy yourself with a little good-natured ribbing thrown in. If you wear a 'Nucks jersey on Saturday, you may be more than mildly heckled, especially if you sit up where all the fun happens. The Finals was a pretty emotional series for the fans around here, and memories get sharp and long when it comes to the hockey. I'd say it's more likely you'll have a good time and be treated to some endurable special attention at the Garden, but have your tougher skin ready. You'll definitely hear it from the locals.

Happy Birthday!

chuckdobbins 01-06-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but you're going to be heckled very badly, or worse. I don't think anyone would start a physical altercation, but I can easily see it escalating to that point depending on how the game is turning out.

Ultimately, it's all up to you how far it gets taken. It's easier said than done, but you'll have to ignore the d-bags that will undoubtedly be out in full force tomorrow afternoon, and just keep to yourself.

Boston has a very hit or miss crowd in all aspects. Some nights it's silent, others it is chaotic. Some crowds and sections will respect everyone wearing a different jersey, others are immediately hostile. It really could go either way. I've dealt with my fair share of good/bad crowds in a few different arenas, and Boston is up there with both the best.....and worst of em.

WBC8 01-06-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

No offense, but you are insane. I would keep the Nucks gear in the hotel room dresser and just go and enjoy the game. I think it's going to be merciless there tomorrow...not saying you are going to get beat up, but everyone is going to have something to say, and we all have our boiling points.

MaineHockey1 01-06-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB (Post 42001675)
Well...if you were here for a Blue Jackets game and you were rockin' yer Nash jersey you'd probly enjoy yourself with a little good-natured ribbing thrown in. If you wear a 'Nucks jersey on Saturday, you may be more than mildly heckled, especially if you sit up where all the fun happens. The Finals was a pretty emotional series for the fans around here, and memories get sharp and long when it comes to the hockey. I'd say it's more likely you'll have a good time and be treated to some endurable special attention at the Garden, but have your tougher skin ready. You'll definitely hear it from the locals.

Happy :bruins:irthday!

There fixed it for you !!!! :laugh:

My husband and I were at the Garden for a Habs game a few years back...I got stuck right in between the effin Habs Fan Club !!!!! God Bless you Nucks one!!! But things will be OK.

MaineHockey1 01-06-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 42003021)
No offense, but you are insane. I would keep the Nucks gear in the hotel room dresser and just go and enjoy the game. I think it's going to be merciless there tomorrow...not saying you are going to get beat up, but everyone is going to have something to say, and we all have our boiling points.

LOL!!! maybe a quick trip to the Pro Shop for a Stanley Cup hoodie perhaps ?:D