HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why are the NYR so good? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1073093)

BlueHavok 01-06-2012 08:14 PM

Why are the NYR so good?

Having this conversation at a bar with a few fellow blueshirt fans and a few Devil fans......when asked what is the single biggest difference between NYR this season and last----accounting for their success.....what would it be?

I stumbled at first for an answer.....but finally, I said....'it's gotta be the system."

Yes LUNDY is boss.....Richards balances the lines and roster throughout...Cally is the best capt. since Mess.....Gabby is playing like Gabby should....Defense is surprisingly good despite injuries....

But what accounts for the unprecedented success.....ultimately it's all these factors, sure.......

But my response was TORTS-----its the coaching, it the leadership and the fact that the players and TORTS are working in harmony.....all on the same page.....cohesion if you will.

And of course......Lundy, Lundy, Lundy.

Whats the overall consensus out there, with regard to critical factors, that explain our stellar season thus far.....

Florida Ranger 01-06-2012 08:17 PM

Coaching and chemistry.

rangers4ever2007 01-06-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 42034301)
Coaching and chemistry.

+1000000000000000000000000000000

Blatant 01-06-2012 08:31 PM

You have a group of guys that have came up together. Won and lost together. Then you start to throw in the rest of homegrowns of the second generation which adds to the chemistry. Gabby seemed like the odd one out for a little when it comes to identity. He and Torts it seems that they agreed they are gonna let Gabby play his was and do what he likes to score. Then Richards, an all class guy, comes in and really meshes with everyone off the ice.

The Scary thing is Richie still hasn't hit his full stride and neither have players like Dubi and Boyle. This team is deep, and the most important thing is that they all buy into the system.

jmb9191 01-06-2012 08:34 PM

cause i root for them

Megustaelhockey 01-06-2012 08:37 PM

See article on nhl.com for 8 reasons.

Fitzy 01-06-2012 08:39 PM

Brad Richards and Mike Rupp.

Richards over Christensen is actually a fairly impactful difference.

pld459666 01-06-2012 08:40 PM

Hard work.

This is one of the hardest working teams in the league, one of the hardest working teams that I can remember not being an expansion franchise.

They have talent, enough talent to score goals when they need them.

They just do not get outworked...ever.

When you work hard, you create your own breaks, that what the Rangers do.

All the forwards get back on Defence and EVERYONE is willing to lay his body on the line to make a play.

Finally, they are such a smart group of guys.

Fun to watch really.

Calad 01-06-2012 08:41 PM

Its the coaching. Torts finally has they type of roster he wants and all the players on the roster are buying into the system. Like he said on 24/7 and other interviews, this team doesn't want to let eachother down.

BroadwayBlues 01-06-2012 08:41 PM

Gaborik being healthy.

The addition of Richards.

Lundqvist having a very good season.

Young players continuing to improve.

Very good coaching.

jas 01-06-2012 08:43 PM

Torts got four important players to believe in what he was trying to do - Cally, Dubi, Staal and Girardi. They assumed the leadership mantle last year. Now, you've got the likes of Stepan, McD, Ansimov, MDZ and Sauer joining that group. You've augmented that mindset with two superb offensive players in Gaborik and Richards. And, you've got the best goalie in the world to erase all mistakes. They believe in what the coach has put together and they believe in each other.

Vitto79 01-06-2012 08:51 PM

Effort

Ice Hockey 01-06-2012 08:53 PM

a number of things. our young'ns have grown, some into elite players.

goaltending has been lights out

gaborik is playing the best hockey he ever has

grinding, relentless forecheck, not giving up on 1 v 1 puck battles

coaching

chemistry on the ice

hard work

believing.

TonyTheGr8 01-06-2012 09:10 PM

Three words.

Henrik F***ing Lundqvist. :yo::yo:

SupersonicMonkey* 01-06-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 42036515)
Torts got four important players to believe in what he was trying to do - Cally, Dubi, Staal and Girardi. They assumed the leadership mantle last year. Now, you've got the likes of Stepan, McD, Ansimov, MDZ and Sauer joining that group. You've augmented that mindset with two superb offensive players in Gaborik and Richards. And, you've got the best goalie in the world to erase all mistakes. They believe in what the coach has put together and they believe in each other.

I agree.

DonCherrysSuit 01-06-2012 09:14 PM

I give credit to Sather, rebuilding with youth. Torts came in at just the right time, when we have a good base of homegrown talent that fit perfectly with his system.

I know that he made a number of big-time FA signings, but this is New York: there's got to be a lot of pressure on Slats to have a marquee player to keep the Rangers relevant in NYC.

NYR94 01-06-2012 09:21 PM

NYR why you heff to be so good?

GregSirico 01-06-2012 09:21 PM

it's actually rather SIMPLE yet very difficult to achieve ... they are a "TEAM" ... there is nothing that breeds success more than a team embracing the "TEAM" mentality .. and along with that comes qualities that Torts emphasizes ... diligent work ethic, resiliency, passion, heart, unwillingness to give up, confidence, belief in the system, belief in each other ... and an uncanny ability to find ways to win games based on having the right mesh of talent with high hockey IQ players. If you want to call that chemistry so be it.

I said this to a buddy of mine today ... this teams attitude and ability to out work other teams is the best I have seen since Mess was the captain.

nyr2k2 01-06-2012 09:29 PM

More talent overall. The young talent continues to mature. Good depth, great chemistry. Good coaching and strong intensity. The best goaltender in the league.

Blueshirt Special 01-06-2012 09:35 PM

Lundqvist's glove

He has improved immensely.

It's the one area that opponents used to turn to in order to get something against us when he was going strong.

The glove is just money now.

Just F$%king money.

Claxton 01-06-2012 09:55 PM

Almost everyone has taken their game to the next level. There is incredible depth throughout the lineup.

Stepan, Anisimov, Del Zotto, Mcdonagh, Callahan, Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist, all on pace for career highs.

And Tortorella is the main reason for it all. The team feasts off his doctrine of fitness, hard work and team chemistry. A recipe for success in this league.

wolfgaze 01-06-2012 10:53 PM

Players/Coaching/Drafting/Chemistry/Commitment

It's all coming together nicely, isn't it?

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...e452bce2c29593

Felt great to hear Dubinsky say "We love our team" during the post game interview tonight... No so much because it came out of Dubinsky's mouth but because it's a reflection of a very tight-knit locker room with these players.....

I Am Chariot 01-06-2012 10:56 PM

1. Maturation of the homegrown core taking their rightful roles.

2. Coach/System

3. Brad Richards/Gabby

I Am Chariot 01-06-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 42039753)
He has improved immensely.

It's the one area that opponents used to turn to in order to get something against us when he was going strong.

The glove is just money now.

Just F$%king money.

He was practically flaunting his glove skills this evening

chip chipperson* 01-06-2012 11:24 PM

the hat