HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Your view on the Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1073205)

awfulwaffle 01-06-2012 11:32 PM

Your view on the Coyotes

I'm posting this on every team's page for the Pacific Division(Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Stars).

I would just like to know, would you miss the Coyotes as a common opponent each year if they moved, or would you like them to stay. I actually haven't looked up the realignment, but I believe we would all be stay in the same "conference" as I believe they are calling them, except the Stars? This is more just about would you like the Coyotes to leave and go somewhere else, or do you appreciate the "rivalry" that has occurred over time?

I do realize other teams have created bigger rivalries more than others, but we do reside in the same division, and most games are fairly close and matter to a much bigger degree.

KopitarFAN 01-06-2012 11:43 PM

I personally would prefer they stay for the simple fact that the Kings have only 3 teams that are a short trip away, and to lose one would suck.

As far as the rivalry is concerned, I think that word is thrown around way too much and is forced in some ways.

RAZZIE King 01-06-2012 11:55 PM

Maybe the only way I'd welcome a move would be if they moved to Vegas...

Telos 01-06-2012 11:56 PM

I prefer that Columbus be moved over the Coyotes. I have to admit, I am not adamant about them moving or staying, though them being such a short hop away from LA makes things easy on us. With the exception of Dallas, everyone is in a nice tight little group down here. Makes divisional games a breeze much like how most games are for the east :P

Puck U 01-07-2012 12:42 AM

Depends ... is Shane "Kings Killer" Doan staying too ? :sarcasm:

TwzKing 01-07-2012 03:11 AM

Sorry can't say that I would care one way or the other.

RonSwanson* 01-07-2012 03:27 AM

Coyotes = Easy win (usually)

topliner967 01-07-2012 10:59 AM

Meh, games are close but usually not very exciting to watch.

kingsholygrail 01-07-2012 11:05 AM

Tippet can make princes out of paupers.

Butch 19 01-07-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 42048847)
Coyotes = Easy win (usually)

Didn't PHX just kill the Kings several years ago? I don't view Phx games as easy wins, but I am tired of no fan support there.

I realize past ownership failed (and I do not claim to know all the details), but Phx has been a very good team over the past 3-4 years, yet fans continue to NOT show up. I'm tired of seeing games on tv with maybe 5000 fans there. I would expect this from a losing team, but that's not the case is it?

Sorry, but I say move them - move them anywhere else. The NHL has been more than generous with supporting hockey in the desert for several seasons, but it appears to me that fan interest just isn't there.

kingsholygrail 01-07-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch 19 (Post 42057635)
Didn't PHX just kill the Kings several years ago? I don't view Phx games as easy wins, but I am tired of no fan support there.

I realize past ownership failed (and I do not claim to know all the details), but Phx has been a very good team over the past 3-4 years, yet fans continue to NOT show up. I'm tired of seeing games on tv with maybe 5000 fans there. I would expect this from a losing team, but that's not the case is it?

Sorry, but I say move them - move them anywhere else. The NHL has been more than generous with supporting hockey in the desert for several seasons, but it appears to me that fan interest just isn't there.

The all-time head-to-head heavily favors the Coyotes going back to their Winnipeg days.

Mully12 01-07-2012 01:18 PM

Having been to Kings-Yotes games where there were 6000 tickets sold for the game and there only seemed to be at most 3000 in the seats with 20-25% of them being Kings fans, and when the only sellouts are when they do cheap ticket deals, $1 beer nights, or when the big market teams come in and all the transplants that live in the phoenix area swamp Jobing.com, I think it's time to move 'em. When I was living in the Phoenix area I was hoping they'd stay so I'd still be able to catch the Kings a few times a year, but now that I've moved and there is a CHL team (AZ Sundogs) that seems to have a bigger following than the Coyotes do, the Yotes need to be moved, the players deserve a better following especially since Tippett has taken over and made them half-way decent. It must suck to play in front of nobody.

driller1 01-07-2012 02:27 PM

I always think of your amazing depth at center. They're interchangeable from lines 1 through 4... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OK, not sure why I'm making fun of you guys-- we have the 30th ranked offense in the league :cry: