HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   After a slow start, do you think Dubinsky breaks 50 points? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1073383)

Callagraves 01-07-2012 07:14 AM

After a slow start, do you think Dubinsky breaks 50 points?

He has 21 points in 39 games, 8 points in his last 8 games (4 goals, 4 assists)

Does he come back with enough fire to make up for an early season slump?

Dorado* 01-07-2012 07:56 AM

10 more goals 20 more assists is not an unrealistic goal

SupersonicMonkey* 01-07-2012 08:05 AM

Here's the thing. He wasn't REALLY off to a slow start. He was in a SCORING slump, he was still getting assists, and he was doing the other things he always does.

Now he's come out of his scoring funk.

No reason he can't reach 50 points and 15+ goals.

wr50l 01-07-2012 08:32 AM

I think that being on centred by Richards we should expect a more consistent scoring rate than previous seasons. I think he will get 50+.

Swept In Seven 01-07-2012 08:41 AM

I am sure that he will. He is starting to break out of his slump and I have faith that he will continue putting the puck in the net

Ih8theislanders 01-07-2012 09:23 AM

44 point pace while not scoring for a good chunk of the season. Now that he's with Richie-Cally I definitely see him hitting 50.

DekeR 01-07-2012 11:11 AM

His scoring left for awhile, but his game never deteriorated. With or without the puck he is playing the game so with that in mind I believe he scores the goals necessary to get him to the 50 point plateau.

ruckus* 01-07-2012 11:30 AM

Cue all the haters and people who are going to whine about his contract and him missing wind sprints in training camp two years ago...

I really don't care how many points he ends up with. Last season he was the best player on the ice many nights for this club because he was playing the way we've seen lately. He hasn't been bad by any stretch this year but like Super said it was just a scoring slump.

The most important thing to me is that he remains confident in his ability, continues to move his feet, and uses his size and strength to take the puck to the net whenever possible. THAT is what I want to see from Dubi. There are so many times when he just takes the puck to the net where defenders can't do a damn thing about it. A lot of those times they're surprised because most players wouldn't even attempt it, but Dubi does it and makes it look easy. He needs to continue driving to the net when he has the puck. Take it hard, because good things happen. We know he can bury some opportunities and if it doesn't it usually creates rebounds and gives forwards a chance at an open net because he's drawing second defenders to him.

Pizza 01-07-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorado (Post 42051459)

I think he could do that pretty easily....or at least he should. The more important thing is what kind of contribution can he make in the post season. The way he is playing right now will be critical come playoff time....and he'll need to step it up a notch or three then.

I'm with Carp on this one: The way Dubinsky is playing right now it's like we just added a big, physical 20 goal scorer, with great chemistry w/o having to make a trade. Factor on the return of Staal and that's two difference makers added to the lineup with in the past two weeks.

Tanner Glass 01-07-2012 12:04 PM

Dubinsky is STRONG. He's amazing along the boards, and as we've seen a lot recently, he can use sheer power to get past guys. If he starts beating th **** out of guys again, I'll love him again

Giglio NYR15 01-07-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Completely agree.

bmw2004 01-07-2012 12:21 PM

I voted no, but who really knows. I hope he does.

Giacomin 01-07-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

His play has been strong all season it just seemed like he was not able to put the puck in the net. It looks like he is over that. Dubi is a gamer!

ruckus* 01-07-2012 12:44 PM

One thing that really bothers me in regards to Dubinsky is how negative so many Ranger fans are when it comes to him. It's amazing to me. A home grown player, who is still just a kid, that has shown tons of potential, and there are so many who couldn't care less if he were traded. So many who act like his $4.2 million contract is equivalent to the dozens and dozens and dozens of mercenaries we've brought in over the years who have stolen money from this organization and weren't close to the type of player Dubinsky is. It's pretty embarrassing. Those people will always talk about consistency, as if every player who isn't elite doesn't struggle with that. It's always interesting to me how selective people are with things. So many times when Dubi takes a penalty people will act like he's the dumbest player in the league who has his head up his ass. Yet Cally will take the same types of penalties and it's because he tries so hard. I just will never understand the hate that Dubi has received dating back to him missing sprints in training camp two years. Since that point its been criticism at every opportunity and include him in every trade possible. Dubinsky is a gamer and not even in his prime yet. He is part of the core and it would be nice if people really started to appreciate him and accept that.

nyr2k2 01-07-2012 01:10 PM

Coming into the season, Dubinsky's shooting percentage was around 11%. As of a couple weeks ago, it was 2%. Much like a baseball player with an abnormally high or low BABIP, that percentage should regress or progress to a more normal level. We're seeing that progression to the norm right now.

I said the same thing with Avery prior to the season. He then matched last year's goal production in 15 games. These things even out over time. The exception would be someone with declining skills or an injury, neither of which apply to Dubinsky as he has been playing good hockey even through the goal drought.

nyrfan1026 01-07-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruckus (Post 42060511)
One thing that really bothers me in regards to Dubinsky is how negative so many Ranger fans are when it comes to him. It's amazing to me. A home grown player, who is still just a kid, that has shown tons of potential, and there are so many who couldn't care less if he were traded. So many who act like his $4.2 million contract is equivalent to the dozens and dozens and dozens of mercenaries we've brought in over the years who have stolen money from this organization and weren't close to the type of player Dubinsky is. It's pretty embarrassing. Those people will always talk about consistency, as if every player who isn't elite doesn't struggle with that. It's always interesting to me how selective people are with things. So many times when Dubi takes a penalty people will act like he's the dumbest player in the league who has his head up his ass. Yet Cally will take the same types of penalties and it's because he tries so hard. I just will never understand the hate that Dubi has received dating back to him missing sprints in training camp two years. Since that point its been criticism at every opportunity and include him in every trade possible. Dubinsky is a gamer and not even in his prime yet. He is part of the core and it would be nice if people really started to appreciate him and accept that.

Welcome to HFBoards, how can I help ya? Seriously, some of the **** you read on here is mindboggingly (sp, if thats even a real word) retarted.

Black Tank 01-07-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

These are like the multitude of posters who want to trade Girardi for some hyped up name they read about a lot on the main board. Since I don't get MSG here and end watching whatever NHL game is on, I see a lot more of the league than most. A lot of top dmen are significantly worse than Girardi just like a significant number of top 6 wings are much worse than Dubinsky, especially when it comes to playing physical and on both ends of the rink. I don't know whether it's the desire to build a fantasy league type of team or whether some people just don't see enough of other teams to know how good some of our players are...

ruckus* 01-07-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Tank (Post 42065777)
These are like the multitude of posters who want to trade Girardi for some hyped up name they read about a lot on the main board. Since I don't get MSG here and end watching whatever NHL game is on, I see a lot more of the league than most. A lot of top dmen are significantly worse than Girardi just like a significant number of top 6 wings are much worse than Dubinsky, especially when it comes to playing physical and on both ends of the rink. I don't know whether it's the desire to build a fantasy league type of team or whether some people just don't see enough of other teams to know how good some of our players are...

I'm sure there are lots of reasons for it but none of them make any sense. Like I mentioned, people always mention consistency. But that is every single players issue unless you are elite. It's just how it is. Then what happens I think is that you get a few people who are very vocal about things and then it becomes a trend for people. Why, I have no idea. But it does. Then you add in the salary cap and people think that every player who makes more than $1 million isn't living up to their contract. It's almost a guarantee that there are going to be people at the end of the season who are disappointed with Brad Richards and will talk about how he's not worth what he's making. Regardless of how clutch he is and how big of a role he plays this season. When he ends up with 60+ points and not 90 that'll be it. Ever since Dubi missed sprints in training camp people have held that against him and been vocal about him being a greedy, selfish jerk. How that makes sense I'll never understand but since that point the assaults have been constant against him. Throw in this season's poor offensive start and it's all about what a joke of a contract and wow we should/should have traded him. There really must be a lot of people on this board who didn't watch this team during the dark years. Because I don't see how anyone who did can tear Dubinsky apart the way so many on here do. He's a heart and soul guy who plays his ass off for this club. He had a very good year last season and when he is really on he can be dominant. The hate is embarrassing. It's embarrassing. There's no other way to say it.

klingsor 01-07-2012 03:28 PM

I don't know.

Just hope he scores enough to supress remarkably short-sighted Dubinsky trade proposals.

Pizza 01-07-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

What's that?

Is that sanity I here?

Let me breathe it in deeply Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Like cool mountain air scented with pine. So refreshing.

Thank You!!

bernmeister 01-07-2012 05:53 PM

My call was 18 G at the low end, down from 20-25 at start of year.
If only 18, then only 32A to = 50. People Dubi plays with can/will likely do that.

Main thing is 3rd + 4th lines using Hagelin not EC, that's where some of this added scoring is...

PMantis24 01-07-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 (Post 42063755)
Welcome to HFBoards, how can I help ya? Seriously, some of the **** you read on here is mindboggingly (sp, if thats even a real word) retarted.

Still amazed at some of the things I read here. I just need the will power to stay away from that trade proposal thread. Some of things I read in there will drive you crazy.

Anyway, as for the poll, I voted yes. Like many have mentioned, his overall game never faltered, he was still strong on the puck, working the boards, bringing the extra jam that Torts likes, even getting assists, just couldn't put the puck in the net. If he continues to play with his current linemates, 50pts is definitely within reach.

Anyone notice that it seems like he's gained an extra gear lately, just seems to be a bit faster out there. I guess that's what confidence will do to a player. His coast-to-coast goal against the Islanders and the power move goal against FLA is what i'd like to see the rest of the year.

GWOW 01-07-2012 06:42 PM

He's a streaky player....it'll be tough as the competition gets tougher.

I think he finishes around 40-45 but is one of the top scorers in the playoffs.

mrhockey193195 01-07-2012 07:20 PM

I love Dubi, and think he's playing phenomenal hockey right now, but I think his streaky-ness will come back. Don't think he'll have another slump like the first 30 games, but I think he finishes with about 13 or 14 goals and 45 points.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

mrhockey193195 01-07-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Thank god for some sanity. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.