HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Favorite Collectibles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=107343)

Rather Gingerly 1* 10-06-2004 01:20 PM

Favorite Collectibles

What is your favorite collectible from the Habs? Most all hockey fans have collecibles.

My favorite is a game worn Guy Carbonneau jersey from Game 7 of the 1987 playoff series against Quebec Nordiques. I paid big bucks(at the time) but it has been a great investment.

Next would be the Guy Lafleur rookie card I bought on Ebay a few years back.

Habs4Life 10-06-2004 01:57 PM

Not my most valuable in terms of money by my favorite is the 12" Patrick Roy Mcfarlane toy.. I will cherish it for years to come..

mcphee 10-06-2004 02:32 PM

I work from a home office and a few years back I started displaying a few things I'd picked up over the years. Then it snowballed when it it got added to every Christmas or birthday. It's not strictly Habs related though I had a lot of cards of old favorites on the wall. Now I have a lot of old eqmt. A pair of 60's [not so old] hockey gloves, a wooden handled golf club, a Mickey Mantle card, a few Danby prints that I'm sure a lot of you have, the Expos opening day ticket from 1969, old skates,catcher's mask, 1st baseman mitt, a painting by a Quebec artist named Merkowsky [sp] that I'm told is valuable, some misc. cards incl. Larry Walker with the Indianappolis Indians, some commerotive plates [the Rocket] a collection of old sports books I read when I was kid,[the Chip Hilton series] a framed picture of my grandfather in a hockey uniform as a teenager [he died long before I was around] , a signed Expo bat from the early 80's, a newspaper picture of the Montreal Royals from the 50's, a bunch of coins and sport knick knacks, other than that.... Oh, I've got some laminated Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams posters.

Gros Bill 10-06-2004 02:42 PM

I have a Magic beer bock, with Habs logo. Doesn't work anymore since some joker came up with a sacred pretzel. That's all.

Oh yeah, I also have a big roach burn on the sofa from the '93 Cup run.

Mooch 10-06-2004 02:51 PM

All i have is a key chain, with that Habs logo on it.......

Im pathetic :cry:

Gros Bill 10-06-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
All i have is a key chain, with that Habs logo on it.......

Im pathetic :cry:

Thanks for reminding me, Mooch, I have one of those too.

Mooch 10-06-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Thanks for reminding me, Mooch, I have one of those too.

:lol:

Im not alone, although you do have a Magic beer bock.......

But hey, ive also got big Habs flag!

Gros Bill 10-06-2004 03:14 PM

Hey, I also have a Guy Lapointe hair-do !

Mooch 10-06-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Hey, I also have a Guy Lapointe hair-do !

Ive been beaten, fair and sqaure.....I dont talk, walk, or even look like any hab. Im hedious :D

chicpea* 10-06-2004 03:18 PM

I've got this great old Hilroy notebook from the mid-70's with an action shot of Yvan Cournoyer (and two unmentionable leafs...) on the cover. The pic is one of those typical "ye olde photo" types with the crowd so blackened and the white of the ice at its most glaring. Anyway, the book is great but what makes it even better is that it was my older brother's and inside for the first ten pages or so are his season stats from atom and peewee, done in hand and with little asterisks to denote where he was "ripped off" a point (if you check the footnotes, haha). I always pull it out when he brings a new girlfriend over.

My other favourite piece is my Tarry-Cloth full length Habs bath robe. Not only is it warm, but I look resplendant when wearing it, as you can imagine!

Mooch 10-06-2004 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I've got this great old Hilroy notebook from the mid-70's with an action shot of Yvan Cournoyer (and two unmentionable leafs...) on the cover. The pic is one of those typical "ye olde photo" types with the crowd so blackened and the white of the ice at its most glaring. Anyway, the book is great but what makes it even better is that it was my older brother's and inside for the first ten pages or so are his season stats from atom and peewee, done in hand and with little asterisks to denote where he was "ripped off" a point (if you check the footnotes, haha). I always pull it out when he brings a new girlfriend over.

My other favourite piece is my Tarry-Cloth full length Habs bath robe. Not only is it warm, but I look resplendant when wearing it, as you can imagine!

chicpea the fact that you keep telling is your so "hot" makes me wonder if you really are in fact "hot"......Girls dont come around here much ya know :D

chicpea* 10-06-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
chicpea the fact that you keep telling is your so "hot" makes me wonder if you really are in fact "hot"......Girls dont come around here much ya know :D

Mooch, I didn't say 'hot,' I said "resplendent." I agree though, I should've been more precise: I am resplendent like a baboon... :)

and for the record, this is the only place to meet chics. :teach:

Mooch 10-06-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Mooch, I didn't say 'hot,' I said "resplendent." I agree though, I should've been more precise: I am resplendent like a baboon... :)

Your honesty should be more than enough to catch all the chics you want around here Chicpea :banana:

Rather Gingerly 1* 10-06-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
I work from a home office and a few years back I started displaying a few things I'd picked up over the years. Then it snowballed when it it got added to every Christmas or birthday. It's not strictly Habs related though I had a lot of cards of old favorites on the wall. Now I have a lot of old eqmt. A pair of 60's [not so old] hockey gloves, a wooden handled golf club, a Mickey Mantle card, a few Danby prints that I'm sure a lot of you have, the Expos opening day ticket from 1969, old skates,catcher's mask, 1st baseman mitt, a painting by a Quebec artist named Merkowsky [sp] that I'm told is valuable, some misc. cards incl. Larry Walker with the Indianappolis Indians, some commerotive plates [the Rocket] a collection of old sports books I read when I was kid,[the Chip Hilton series] a framed picture of my grandfather in a hockey uniform as a teenager [he died long before I was around] , a signed Expo bat from the early 80's, a newspaper picture of the Montreal Royals from the 50's, a bunch of coins and sport knick knacks, other than that.... Oh, I've got some laminated Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams posters.

I wish I would have saved some Expos memoriablia. Like ticket stubs and posters, etc... I imagine you could get a lot for the ticket stub from opening day 1969. Right now anyway.

oli500 10-06-2004 07:31 PM

Nothing to valuabe from the habs side but I got a picture of me and Orlando Cabrera in the expos uniform. I was 16 at the time. Its funny cause everytime a freind ask me how I got it, I keep telling them I went to the expos traning camp that summer. :) Im going to keep that picture for the rest of my life.

mcphee 10-07-2004 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I wish I would have saved some Expos memoriablia. Like ticket stubs and posters, etc... I imagine you could get a lot for the ticket stub from opening day 1969. Right now anyway.

It was willed to me by a favorite Uncle. I believe the 69 season ticket holders all got them, never ripped,packaged in a glass case. If it's ever sold, my kids would have to because I won't.

Scintillating 10-07-2004 07:57 AM

Quote:

You stick with that theory man! Two of my brothers and I each married women who wouldn't cross the street to watch a hockey game. In fact my wife is 'morally opposed' to the game :shakehead . Next time I get married, it's going to be:
a) for money, and
b) a hockey lover.

Wonder if Mr. Gillette has any daughters??

Back to the memorabalia, a co-worker of mine just a couple of days ago gave me one of those mini coffee mugs. It's about an inch high and an inch in diameter. It looks like this:

:habs
Stanley Cup Champions
Montreal vs. Calgary
4-1

And on the other side it says CupCrazy.

It's cool. It's 'mounted' on my monitor (with duct tape). Keeps me motivated at work...or distracts me from work....what was I saying....

bazz 10-07-2004 09:50 AM

I have a newspaper clipping from the Montreal Gazette. It's a team photo of the habs when the won the cup in 1993. It's huge picture that I have framed on my wall. It's crazy when you look at the players they had on the team, and Brisebois being the only one that is left...

Great Picture!

As for the spos - I have an old Tim Wallach jersey - the old blue away jersey kind. It's way too small for me now, but it still rocks!

Darz 10-07-2004 01:42 PM

Between me and my bro we have a ton of habs stuff. Most of it has worked it's way into the Thunder Bay habs shrine (his rec-room and bar). Dunno what would be considered the best piece though. One interesting thing we have is a NYI pennant autographed by the entire team during the '80 training camp. A friend of the family had a tryout with the Islanders that year (he never made the team, ended up playing most of his career in Italy) and had a few pennats and we got one. Keep thinking that we should trade it to an Islanders fan for something equally cool AND habs related.