HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Last Concert You Saw and Rate It (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1074279)

The Bob Cole 01-07-2012 07:50 PM

Last Concert You Saw and Rate It
 
Nothing beats and amazing live show.

I've been to several concerts over the last few months, so I'll give a rank of those...

Pearl Jam 4.5/5 -> Just wish the crowd was more into it, magical show though

Foo Fighters 4.5/5 -> Best live show, tons of energy, fans get into it, only thing is that it gets to a point where sometimes it's so loud it's just a wave of noise hitting you and you miss out on the actual instruments being played. Cage the Elephant were a great opener as well, had never seen them live prior to this.

Watch the Throne - Kanye/Jay-Z 3.5/5 -> these guys put on a fun show (more Jay-z, he owns the stage)

The National 4/5 -> these guys sound amazing live and have entertaining banter with the crowd

Deer Tick 3/5 -> Good fun for the crowd when they get ****faced, not a big fan of the new album although it does sound better live when you can accept the fact that yes, they are completely drunk when they play and sound like it


Saw Soundgarden in the summer as well, they had a good show, but Queens of the Stone Age opened for them, holy **** they are great live, I need to see them on their own, 'cause I thought they killed it.

sandman441 01-07-2012 09:01 PM

Steel Panther 7/10


I cant remember who opened for them it was like 35 north or something like that. Anyway it was an ok show but It felt they cut the show kind of short. I think they were on for an hour and a half but they were funny and did about 6 or so songs.

Disclose 01-07-2012 09:31 PM

ill post the last one...

judas priest (with thin lizzy and black label society)

i miss the "opening acts". i like them but i rather be drinking and smoking than dealing with the idiot security inside.
judas priest was on his last visit to north america and played pretty much everything i wanted to hear. Halford was class and overall one of the best performances ive seen live.

9/10

Zodiac 01-08-2012 03:26 AM

Jerry Seinfeld - a good 8/10

KISS - a good 9/10

Unholy 01-08-2012 03:38 AM

System Of A Down - 9/10

Great to see them back in action. Not a perfect 10 because they played not a single song off of STA.

Le Tricolore 01-08-2012 11:41 AM

The National - 8/10. Would have been better had it not been at the Bell Centre, I am sure.

The Bob Cole 01-08-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 42128553)
The National - 8/10. Would have been better had it not been at the Bell Centre, I am sure.

I was surprised to hear they played there in Montreal. I saw them in a small theatre, probably fits about 3000 people MAX.

Guessing this didn't happen?:



Cool way to end the show without any mics or amps.

JustGivingEr 01-08-2012 01:02 PM

Last concert I saw was blink-182. I'll give it a 9/10. The concert itself was okay (Mark's voice sounded weird) but it was the first time I'd seen them so the nostalgia factor bumps the rating.

Bowie 01-08-2012 01:20 PM

Job for a Cowboy - 7/10

Supertramp - 8/10

Ih8theislanders 01-08-2012 01:32 PM

Foo Fighters at the Prudential Center in November. 9/10.

Smelling Salt 01-08-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman441 (Post 42105601)
Steel Panther 7/10


I cant remember who opened for them it was like 35 north or something like that. Anyway it was an ok show but It felt they cut the show kind of short. I think they were on for an hour and a half but they were funny and did about 6 or so songs.

Steel Panther! Nice!

Prince - 9.5/10.

A -.5 for the silly hangup with photos/video Prince has. Crowd was ridiculously into it and Prince and his band were tearing it up.

sandman441 01-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModanoMan (Post 42133839)
Steel Panther! Nice!

yeah they do a show every weekend I think in vegas. It was pretty reasonable it was $55 and I got a free drink and was basically front row center.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...1/IMAG0306.jpg

Tyskie 01-08-2012 02:52 PM

The Casualties when they came to Ottawa last August.

10/10

It was in a small enough club that it almost felt they were playing directly for you. Best show I've ever been to and I'm hoping to catch them again
in Montreal in February.

ThaDevilGirl 01-08-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Lui (Post 42131399)
I was surprised to hear they played there in Montreal. I saw them in a small theatre, probably fits about 3000 people MAX.

Guessing this didn't happen?:



Cool way to end the show without any mics or amps.

Yes it did happen even if it was at the arena. Only half of the ice and lower bowl was open and north of 4000 people were there. It would've been way better in a smaller venue but I was happy to see them for a full concert.

Smelling Salt 01-08-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman441 (Post 42136473)
yeah they do a show every weekend I think in vegas. It was pretty reasonable it was $55 and I got a free drink and was basically front row center.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...1/IMAG0306.jpg

Yeah we had tickets one time we went down to LV and they cancelled. :(

timekeep 01-08-2012 05:36 PM

Tim McGraw 10/10
got the wife all horny so win win

Le Tricolore 01-08-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 42140275)
Yes it did happen even if it was at the arena. Only half of the ice and lower bowl was open and north of 4000 people were there. It would've been way better in a smaller venue but I was happy to see them for a full concert.

Was it really only 4K? I would have thought it'd be more like 6-8, but I have no idea how the Bell Centre works in that regard.

Anyway,


ThaDevilGirl 01-08-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 42147743)
Was it really only 4K? I would have thought it'd be more like 6-8, but I have no idea how the Bell Centre works in that regard.

Anyway,


Yeah, I read a newspaper article following the concert. 4569 tickets sold to be exact :P

sandman441 01-08-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModanoMan (Post 42146917)
Yeah we had tickets one time we went down to LV and they cancelled. :(

That sucks it really is a good show.


The bassist is pretty funny, when he's not playing he has hairspray and a mirror and doing his hair. Then they started to play enter sandman and about a minute or so in the bassist yelled stop and was like I'm not playing this song anymore. Those guys are ugly.

Le Tricolore 01-08-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 42148387)
Yeah, I read a newspaper article following the concert. 4569 tickets sold to be exact :P

Maybe 1500 tickets given away, too? :P

Disclose 01-09-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landfill2 (Post 42137989)
The Casualties when they came to Ottawa last August.

10/10

It was in a small enough club that it almost felt they were playing directly for you. Best show I've ever been to and I'm hoping to catch them again
in Montreal in February.

the casualties dont play concerts, they play live shows in bars or small venues.

hoss75 01-09-2012 10:32 AM

Fitz and the Tantrums 9.5/10

The Bob Cole 01-09-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoss75 (Post 42177671)
Fitz and the Tantrums 9.5/10

How much did your concert cost? They're coming soon and I enjoy their music but not sure if I should get tickets or not.

NFLDPower 01-09-2012 10:40 PM

KISS last summer. Simply amazing, in the heaviest rain I have ever been outside in they put on the best show I have ever seen.

I'll never forget Paul Stanley between songs saying, "I don't usually swear, but WE DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE RAIN!"

15/10

The Bob Cole 01-10-2012 07:56 PM

Who has seen Black Keys already? Any reviews?

Got tickets today for the upcoming tour - pricey, but price to pay since I haven't made time to go before they got big.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.