HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   All David Desharnais talk here. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1074685)

The Gal Pals 01-08-2012 09:57 AM

All David Desharnais talk here.
 
A lot of people consider DD to be our 3rd centre behind Pleks and Eller but he may end the season as our number centre in points.

Given that Desharnais now has 26pts he is only 4 pts away from Plekanec (30pts), will Desharnais finish with more points on the season than Pleks?

pine 01-08-2012 10:01 AM

No..

ECWHSWI 01-08-2012 10:03 AM

hard to say, DD is player with better wingers... and our coach seems to want the players to play bigger... and DD also have bigger wingers than Plekanec...

Shabutie 01-08-2012 10:12 AM

Don't see how he's our number 3 center... Lars Eller doesn't get PP time and Desharnais has played with our two best wingers almost all season now.

Captain Saku 01-08-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 42126217)
Don't see how he's our number 3 center... Lars Eller doesn't get PP time and Desharnais has played with our two best wingers almost all season now.

In HF Boards world Eller is the 2nd ceneter, in real world he's the 3rd, even 4th when Gomez comes back.

It's also hard to say that Desharnais has better wingers, IMO Cole is the difference maker, add to the fact that Cammalleri is crap this year. I would like to see Cole with Cammalleri and Plekanec, Desharnais with Pacioretty and Gionta.

Nedved 01-08-2012 10:25 AM

I think DD will lead the team in points by the end of the year. he's just getting into his comfort zone.

Munchausen 01-08-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 42126465)
In HF Boards world Eller is the 2nd ceneter, in real world he's the 3rd, even 4th when Gomez comes back.

It's also hard to say that Desharnais has better wingers, IMO Cole is the difference maker, add to the fact that Cammalleri is crap this year. I would like to see Cole with Cammalleri and Plekanec, Desharnais with Pacioretty and Gionta.

I strongly doubt that. He's 3rd all right, but a solid one, part of our best line ATM, doing a great job against other teams' top lines. Gomez will have to climb his way back up. He lost his status.

Shabutie 01-08-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 42126465)
In HF Boards world Eller is the 2nd ceneter, in real world he's the 3rd, even 4th when Gomez comes back.

It's also hard to say that Desharnais has better wingers, IMO Cole is the difference maker, add to the fact that Cammalleri is crap this year. I would like to see Cole with Cammalleri and Plekanec, Desharnais with Pacioretty and Gionta.

I think we can agree that Cole has been by far our best and most consistent player for the last 2 months now?

Patches, before being suspended was also our best winger. I don't think it's hard to say that those two are our best wingers. The other ones (save for AK) are playing like crap and Moen can't keep it up.

The Gal Pals 01-08-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 42126647)
I think we can agree that Cole has been by far our best and most consistent player for the last 2 months now?

Patches, before being suspended was also our best winger. I don't think it's hard to say that those two are our best wingers. The other ones (save for AK) are playing like crap and Moen can't keep it up.

Is it possible that Cammy is playing like crap cause Pleks is playing like crap? DD might be our best centre right now with Eller as an honorable mention.

Myron Gaines* 01-08-2012 04:55 PM

Plekanec and Cammalleri just don't fit together

Pacioretty Desharnais Cammalleri
Cole Plekanec Gionta

The Kremelin Wall* 01-08-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 42126217)
Don't see how he's our number 3 center... Lars Eller doesn't get PP time and Desharnais has played with our two best wingers almost all season now.

Eller gets the most ice time, and faces other teams top lines. That makes him our #2. DD is 8 minute ES 8 minutes PP third line specialist.

AntonCH 01-08-2012 05:11 PM

Let's give 2 power forwards to Pleks and let's see what he does for the 2nd half.
By extension, let's give Gio and Cammy to DD and let's see if his production continues.......

Watsatheo 01-08-2012 05:12 PM

It would be pretty funny if he does.

LyricalLyricist 01-08-2012 05:14 PM

It's possible but it doesn't mean he's better than pork though. He's an offensive player with great vision, if he does it's not a surprise.

xposbrad 01-08-2012 05:21 PM

Desharnais is a small player who can put up a few points and gets destroyed in our zone. Is this topic really necessary? Hopefully he gets less ice time now that we have a new coach and Eller is realling coming out. I would like Pleks/Eller to get more ice time.

DogsFan* 01-08-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airic000 (Post 42144555)
Is it possible that Cammy is playing like crap cause Pleks is playing like crap? DD might be our best centre right now with Eller as an honorable mention.

Really... Pleks has 8g, 22a.. Tied for the lead on the team. I wouldn't say thats crap.. maybe just not up to his goalscoring standards.

Erik Estrada 01-08-2012 05:40 PM

Plekanec's playing on the least offensively dangerous of the top-3 lines recently. Something's gonna give.

One Man Rock Band 01-08-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 42126043)
hard to say, DD is player with better wingers... and our coach seems to want the players to play bigger... and DD also have bigger wingers than Plekanec...

I love this argument.

He played with Cammalleri, Leblanc, and others in the last few weeks and he still produced. But whatever people can say to give the kid less credit, eh?

As for the topic question, I don't know, but I doubt it. I love Desharnais and Plekanec, but Plekanec will turn the switch to another level down the stretch (and when Markov returns). Desharnais may as well, but being his first season, it would be unfair to expect much more than the 50-points he is on pace for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall (Post 42145073)
Eller gets the most ice time, and faces other teams top lines. That makes him our #2. DD is 8 minute ES 8 minutes PP third line specialist.

Where you wearing Malone's jersey the other night? I think Emelin might have smoked you. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, this is a flat-out lie. Desharnais played 19 1/2 minutes at ES against Tampa the other night. That lead our team, FYI.

He also averages 13:48 at ES this season. So I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers.

And to call Eller our 1st line centre is just not correct. In fact, I wouldn't really label our top three lines at this point. They all have different roles.

Eller's line is going to get a lot of ice-time to shut down opposing teams. Plekanec's line is, well supposed, to chip in offensively and play a sound defensive game. And Desharnais' line is supposed to provide a lot of offense.

The line letting us down on most night's is Plekanec's (and not so much his fault as it is his wingers).

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonCH (Post 42146029)
Let's give 2 power forwards to Pleks and let's see what he does for the 2nd half.
By extension, let's give Gio and Cammy to DD and let's see if his production continues.......

DD was already producing with Cammy.

Which is why I have no clue why they moved Cammy off his line again.

I think Cammy had like 5 points in 3 games with DD (or something similar) and a handful of scoring chances.

Protest the Hero 01-08-2012 06:04 PM

What do the numbers even mean, because Eller right now is our "shutdown" centre, his line plays against the oppositions top lines.

Young Gun 01-08-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedved (Post 42126515)
I think DD will lead the team in points by the end of the year. he's just getting into his comfort zone.

i tend to agree with that...that and the fact that plex got a fat contract in his pocket.
The contract is not bad , could be moved if need be. I wouldn't be against move plex for the right player.
I also realize that plexy is a good two way player and i think the they need to **** or get of the pot on that one, give him some time on the offense and not so much time spent playing defensive hockey.
The team needs another shutdown guy to take some off that responabilty away from plex

DDs not undersized 01-08-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall (Post 42145073)
Eller gets the most ice time, and faces other teams top lines. That makes him our #2. DD is 8 minute ES 8 minutes PP third line specialist.

And may I ask where are you taking your numbers? Because on NHL.com, it goes like this :

Total Ice time per game
Plek : 20:42
DD : 17:43
Eller : 15:14

Even strenght
Plek : 14:10
DD : 13:48
Eller : 13:22

Power play
Plek : 3:45
DD : 3:25
Eller : 0:32

Short handed
Plek : 2:47
Eller : 1:19
DD : 0:30

The 3 of them are playing almost the same amount of time on ice on even strenght. Special units make the difference.

I don't think the Habs have 1-2-3 centers. It goes like this :
2a : Plekanec (the best all around)
2b : DD (the offense specialist, but good all around too)
2c: Eller (the shut down specialist, but good all around too)

shutehinside 01-08-2012 06:48 PM

Probably not but the fact he's contributing so much the season is a blessing. With Gomez being MIA we could be even worse this year. Mixed blessing I suppose.

The Kremelin Wall* 01-08-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partisan du CH (Post 42152207)
And may I ask where are you taking your numbers? Because on NHL.com, it goes like this :

Total Ice time per game
Plek : 20:42
DD : 17:43
Eller : 15:14

Even strenght
Plek : 14:10
DD : 13:48
Eller : 13:22

Power play
Plek : 3:45
DD : 3:25
Eller : 0:32

Short handed
Plek : 2:47
Eller : 1:19
DD : 0:30

The 3 of them are playing almost the same amount of time on ice on even strenght. Special units make the difference.

I don't think the Habs have 1-2-3 centers. It goes like this :
2a : Plekanec (the best all around)
2b : DD (the offense specialist, but good all around too)
2c: Eller (the shut down specialist, but good all around too)

You're taking the ice time from a single game, in which our coach decided to scratch our fourth center. DD was handed most of Nokelainen's minutes.

DDs not undersized 01-08-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall (Post 42152593)
You're taking the ice time from a single game, in which our coach decided to scratch our fourth center. DD was handed most of Nokelainen's minutes.

Not at all. Those are the season average. Go check by yourself.

PricePkPatch 01-08-2012 06:56 PM

Clearly a great signing. He sure seems to keep going on the development curve, and not stalling.

How's his face-off % as of late?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.