HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Mike Duco (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1074797)

Mr. Canucklehead 01-08-2012 01:47 PM

Canucks recall F Mike Duco

As per Twitter, he has joined the team today and will play against Florida, wearing #79.

YogiCanucks 01-08-2012 01:58 PM

I hope is just precautionary in case Booth can't go.

SonicY 01-08-2012 01:59 PM

Surely, this will further endear us to our opposition.

Horse 01-08-2012 02:03 PM

Nice number, lol.

I thought Duco looked decent in the preseason, so hopefully he looks ok in the regular season. I'm sure he'll be willing to play how they want if he wants to stay up.

thefeebster 01-08-2012 02:06 PM

My assessment of Duco in the AHL is that he is the only guy on the team willing (not the only one who is able) to play the body with consistency. He plays well in a limited role there, sometimes getting shuttled from the 3rd and 4th line depending on injuries and call-ups. He hasn't really been a SH^& disturber at all really. Scrums have been few and far between. Commentators said they talked to him and he said he wanted to cut that out of his game and wanted to play between the whistles. As a result, has only 1 fight this season, compared to 12 last season.

He has been playing well and is a regular on the PK. He and his partner, Tim Miller are superb on the PK, sometimes they get more chances than they give up SH. Duco is aggressive on the PK and good on the forecheck. I think he's a guy you can trust defensively in limited minutes.

NuxFan09 01-08-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YogiCanucks (Post 42131911)
I hope is just precautionary in case Booth can't go.

I don't presume it has anything to do with Booth. He's probably being called up to take Andrew Ebbett's place, who broke his collarbone in yesterday's game.

Samzilla 01-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefeebster (Post 42132315)
My assessment of Duco in the AHL is that he is the only guy on the team willing (not the only one who is able) to play the body with consistency. He plays well in a limited role there, sometimes getting shuttled from the 3rd and 4th line depending on injuries and call-ups. He hasn't really been a SH^& disturber at all really. Scrums have been few and far between. Commentators said they talked to him and he said he wanted to cut that out of his game and wanted to play between the whistles. As a result, has only 1 fight this season, compared to 12 last season.

He has been playing well and is a regular on the PK. He and his partner, Tim Miller are superb on the PK, sometimes they get more chances than they give up SH. Duco is aggressive on the PK and good on the forecheck. I think he's a guy you can trust defensively in limited minutes.

I hope you're right. He showed a great second effort on that goal against the Oil in the preseason. Hopefully he comes up to the big club and just hustles his butt off. No shenanigans.

opendoor 01-08-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuxFan09 (Post 42132371)
I don't presume it has anything to do with Booth. He's probably being called up to take Andrew Ebbett's place, who broke his collarbone in yesterday's game.

If Booth was ready to play Ebbett would have been in the press box anyway.

bottomlesspop 01-08-2012 02:13 PM

Some sweet Bitz and Duco from the other night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ntl...utu.be&t=2m36s

keslerburrows 01-08-2012 02:13 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

That's assuming Booth can go. If not..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Malhotra-Hodgson-Hansen
Duco-Lapierre-Weise

biturbo19 01-08-2012 02:25 PM

Ugh, do not want. Hopefully AV can keep a muzzle on this jackass. We really do not need more firestarters here.

Guardian452 01-08-2012 02:31 PM

IMO, Duco is only going to be around until Booth is ready to go. I can't see him getting more than 3-5 minutes of 4th line time. As long as all the Canucks forwards are healthy, the 13th forward won't play anyway.

Jyrki21 01-08-2012 02:38 PM

It would be awesome if the team (or at least Sedins/Luongo) pretended to be royally pissed at him over his Twitter comments for like the first 5 minutes after he joins the team, gives him the cold shoulder just long enough for him to start worrying... Then everyone bursts out laughing.

Canucker 01-08-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biturbo19 (Post 42133341)
Ugh, do not want. Hopefully AV can keep a muzzle on this jackass. We really do not need more firestarters here.

Are you still holding a grudge for his twitter comment last year? :laugh:

NuxFan09 01-08-2012 03:03 PM

What twitter comment?

Canucker 01-08-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuxFan09 (Post 42135339)
What twitter comment?

I can't remember the actual comments but I think during the playoffs he spouted off about the Sedins diving, and hacking on Luongo a bit.

Lucbourdon 01-08-2012 03:28 PM

lol i love duco, should be hilarious.

burrows
kesler
lappy
duco

all of them talk a lot lolz

Kagee* 01-08-2012 03:38 PM

lol imagine if he was in the boston game??? haha the ****storm he'd bring in addition to the already war like game it was.

lindgren 01-08-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Man, I'm so grateful for reports like this. It's hard otherwise to get any kind of read on what's going on in Chicago. Much appreciated.

Bobby Lou 01-08-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the report.

If he can slot in, log some PK minutes, and be a solid utility forward in Ebbett's absence he might have a chance to hang around as the 13th forward.

crazyforhockey 01-08-2012 03:50 PM

booth is cleared medically to play but wont play in fla and its up to him to tell the team when ready to go...tsn icechips

After seeing cheap shots from Bos... just as long as duco doesnt take a stupid run at a person, will be ok with him up...and no stupid penalties

colonel_korn 01-08-2012 03:54 PM

Is Mancari still with the team or did he get sent back down? I kinda assumed that he'd be the one taking Ebbett's place since he's been the go-to guy thus far.

Samzilla 01-08-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel_korn (Post 42138109)
Is Mancari still with the team or did he get sent back down? I kinda assumed that he'd be the one taking Ebbett's place since he's been the go-to guy thus far.

He got sent back down.

BLAME CANADA* 01-08-2012 04:46 PM

Is Weise really better than Duco? I don't know much about Duco but he was great in the pre-season.

Free Kassian 01-08-2012 04:48 PM

Hopefully Duco can keep his act under control. Last thing we need is another guy playing too big for his britches.