HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Nittymaki (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1074801)

Vaasa 01-08-2012 12:48 PM

Nittymaki
 
OK, Nitty is healthy, the Sharks are carrying 3 goalies, and one needs to move. Niemi is going nowhere, and with Greiss signed to a very affordable contract through next season it's very unlikely the Sharks move him.

So if you think your team has any interest in Nittymaki, post your offers here. Let's keep it to just Nittymaki, or at most you can add Torrey Mitchell if your team is interested in both. But to keep it simple, all offers MUST involve no players other than Nittymaki or Mitchell as part of a Nitty + Mitchell trade. If you want to talk about other players, there are other threads for that.

Sharks only real roster need is for a 2nd/3rd line tweener who is decent defensively and can put up some goals. I don't expect to get that for either or both of those roster players, but I wanted to give a clear indication of what team needs are. Unless a player matches that criteria, the Sharks are not likely to be interested in any NHL roster players coming back. So in general, let's keep things to picks and/or prospects unless your asset matches that criteria.

Thanks

TweetyLeaf 01-08-2012 01:00 PM

Its highly unlikely Chicago is interested adding goalie (unless its Tim Thomas calibre).

But i have said long time that Niittymäki would fit in Chicago well.

So here goes:

Bickell

to

Niittymaki

Bickell has been awfull this season, but his contract is awesome and in case someone can wake the dude up he has WICKED shot that can score goals. Now someone needs to get him to work to actually get into shooting position and work to get chances.
Bickell is a long shot, but so is Niittymaki.

Gilligans Island 01-08-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 42132011)
Its highly unlikely Chicago is interested adding goalie (unless its Tim Thomas calibre).

But i have said long time that Niittymäki would fit in Chicago well.

So here goes:

Bickell

to

Niittymaki

Bickell has been awfull this season, but his contract is awesome and in case someone can wake the dude up he has WICKED shot that can score goals. Now someone needs to get him to work to actually get into shooting position and work to get chances.
Bickell is a long shot, but so is Niittymaki.

Doubt our teams trade with one another but a backup goalie isn't like trading a PMD like Ehrhoff to a rival...

How's Bickell on the forecheck and at puck retrieval on dump ins? We don't really need a scoring forward - that'd be nice - but really need a forward who is fast and good at puck retrieval/protection along the boards.

TweetyLeaf 01-08-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 42132269)
Doubt our teams trade with one another but a backup goalie isn't like trading a PMD like Ehrhoff to a rival...

How's Bickell on the forecheck and at puck retrieval on dump ins? We don't really need a scoring forward - that'd be nice - but really need a forward who is fast and good at puck retrieval/protection along the boards.

He has been playing checking role with Bolland.
He has a big body but doesnt use it to HIT ppl, he pushes people around and is okayish in cycle. He needs to get it together tho and be more intensive.
Maybe trade would wake him up.

Vaasa 01-08-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 42132011)
Its highly unlikely Chicago is interested adding goalie (unless its Tim Thomas calibre).

But i have said long time that Niittymäki would fit in Chicago well.

So here goes:

Bickell

to

Niittymaki

Bickell has been awfull this season, but his contract is awesome and in case someone can wake the dude up he has WICKED shot that can score goals. Now someone needs to get him to work to actually get into shooting position and work to get chances.
Bickell is a long shot, but so is Niittymaki.

Hmm, the -9 on an otherwise good defensive team doesn't give me a lot of hope. On the other hand, he does seem to lay out a good number of hits and he seems to have some offensive potential in the right circumstances. Unfortunately, he's listed as a LW and the Sharks have a fair number of those already. And he looks like more of a 3/4 tweener than a 2/3 tweener.

Do you know if he can play RW? If nothing else, he might make a good replacement for TOM (aka Andrew Murray) given as how he's signed through next year on a what looks like a pretty good deal.

Also, how is he on the forecheck? I see he gets no short-handed time, and a lot more PP time than he would ever get on the Sharks.

I don't know enough about to say for sure, but I would almost prefer a pick at the moment. But I could go either way.

magic school bus 01-08-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 42132011)
Its highly unlikely Chicago is interested adding goalie (unless its Tim Thomas calibre).

But i have said long time that Niittymäki would fit in Chicago well.

So here goes:

Bickell

to

Niittymaki

Bickell has been awfull this season, but his contract is awesome and in case someone can wake the dude up he has WICKED shot that can score goals. Now someone needs to get him to work to actually get into shooting position and work to get chances.
Bickell is a long shot, but so is Niittymaki.

I'll take it. I doubt that anyone offers more than a pick (3rd) for Niitty, so I'd be happy with an NHL player. We can use the depth. I like it.

Laus723 01-08-2012 01:20 PM

Always been a fan of Nitty, we'd have to move Clemmensen to get him, but I'd love to have him in a Panther sweater.

Clemmer to Where ever

Whatever comes back helps to bring in Nitty.


lol, should help.

biturbo19 01-08-2012 01:22 PM

At some point Columbus would've made a lot of sense to me...

Not sure it still makes sense given the position the Jackets are in though. Bringing in impending free agents doesn't make any real sense anymore. I can't really say what sort of return he could've brought either. Maybe in a swap for Pahlsson or something to shed a bit of salary?

Vaasa 01-08-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 42133007)
I'll take it. I doubt that anyone offers more than a pick (3rd) for Niitty, so I'd be happy with an NHL player. We can use the depth. I like it.

I don't know. The Sharks don't really need a player with effort and/or attitude issues. I'd rather have a pick than a guy who will prove a detriment on the ice. Even if it's just a 3rd.

Vaasa 01-08-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biturbo19 (Post 42133175)
At some point Columbus would've made a lot of sense to me...

Not sure it still makes sense given the position the Jackets are in though. Bringing in impending free agents doesn't make any real sense anymore. I can't really say what sort of return he could've brought either. Maybe in a swap for Pahlsson or something to shed a bit of salary?

Heck no. The Sharks are trying to move Nitty not only because they don't want to carry 3 goalies, but so that they have the cap space to use on a solid player for the playoff run. Pahlsson is massively overpaid IMO and is someone I have zero interest in.

But again, let me reiterate, the only NHL players coming back to the Sharks should be a 2/3 tweener. Otherwise, lets keep it to picks and prospects please.

Gilligans Island 01-08-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 42133363)
Heck no. The Sharks are trying to move Nitty not only because they don't want to carry 3 goalies, but so that they have the cap space to use on a solid player for the playoff run. Pahlsson is massively overpaid IMO and is someone I have zero interest in.

But again, let me reiterate, the only NHL players coming back to the Sharks should be a 2/3 tweener. Otherwise, lets keep it to picks and prospects please.

I'd actually consider Pahlsson - it's moot he's overpaid since we have the cap space and he's a pending UFA.

I haven't seen him play this year but looking at his stats, he seems to still be pretty defensively responsible. No, he isn't the 2/3 tweener we need but he'd be an upgrade over Mitchell...

magic school bus 01-08-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 42133221)
I don't know. The Sharks don't really need a player with effort and/or attitude issues. I'd rather have a pick than a guy who will prove a detriment on the ice. Even if it's just a 3rd.

He still has 70 hits this season, and had 170 last season. His 37 pts last season makes him arguably our best offensive player in the bottom-6 (outside of what McGinn's doing this season). 4 pts in 5 playoff games last year before he got injured.

If the attitude is a real, huge problem then I'd understand someone passing. I don't know if that is true or not. His hits numbers show me he can show that kind of good effort that we could use.

Vaasa 01-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 42133779)
He still has 70 hits this season, and had 170 last season. His 37 pts last season makes him arguably our best offensive player in the bottom-6 (outside of what McGinn's doing this season). 4 pts in 5 playoff games last year before he got injured.

If the attitude is a real, huge problem then I'd understand someone passing. I don't know if that is true or not. His hits numbers show me he can show that kind of good effort that we could use.

I don't know enough about him to really say yes or no. My only real concern with Bickell is whether acquiring him impacts our cap enough to prevent DW from getting a more effective player.

I assume there is no way we could get Stalberg from Chicago instead of Bikkel (with the assets mentioned), unfortunately. :sarcasm:

Iron Chef 01-10-2012 01:03 PM

To CBJ: Nitty + Mitchell
To SJ: Brassard

Petes2424 01-10-2012 01:21 PM

Someone may take a flier on him as a bit of insurance.

Vaasa 01-10-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 42235193)
To CBJ: Nitty + Mitchell
To SJ: Brassard

I can't see the Sharks having any interest in Brassard. The org is stacked with centers and his contract is not interesting. Especially at his performance.

Coach Parker 01-24-2012 11:45 PM

Might want to give this one a bump...;)

Any other offers?

DuckEatinShark 01-25-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Parker (Post 43080993)
Might want to give this one a bump...;)

Any other offers?

I actually like the Bickell one.

Nitty has no future in San Jose. Our young goalies (Greiss, Sateri, etc) will be competing for NHL ice time sooner than later.

A 3rd or 4th rounder from a contending team looking for a backup netminder could also work as well. His $2 million in cap space could be better spent at the deadline to acquire another scorer.

Coach Parker 01-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 43082881)
I actually like the Bickell one.

Nitty has no future in San Jose. Our young goalies (Greiss, Sateri, etc) will be competing for NHL ice time sooner than later.

A 3rd or 4th rounder from a contending team looking for a backup netminder could also work as well. His $2 million in cap space could be better spent at the deadline to acquire another scorer.

Looks like they couldn't even get that. Knew it was coming.

jumptheshark 01-25-2012 12:40 PM

THE value is free right now


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.