HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nashville info! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1075913)

JetsandJets 01-09-2012 02:48 PM

Nashville info!

Hey guys,

First let's me just say that I really like your team since the late 90's. I think you have a super formation and I always like the fact that your team have stick with the same GM/Coach!

Since I want to learn more about Nashville in general I was wondering if you could help me for a few infos.

I was wondering how much the Preds are against the Titans in term of popularity(also are you all titans fan?)

Also since the Sounds are the farm team of Milwaukee are most of you brewers fan or Braves fan?

And to Finnish wich city is your biggest rival in the nfl and in the NHL?

Bonus question :naughty: people in Nashville who like the nba are Memphis fan or you don't like them?

Fo Shea Shea 01-09-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetsandJets (Post 42188633)
Hey guys,

First let's me just say that I really like your team since the late 90's. I think you have a super formation and I always like the fact that your team have stick with the same GM/Coach!

Since I want to learn more about Nashville in general I was wondering if you could help me for a few infos.

I was wondering how much the Preds are against the Titans in term of popularity(also are you all titans fan?)

Also since the Sounds are the farm team of Milwaukee are most of you brewers fan or Braves fan?

Bonus question :naughty: people in Nashville who like the nba are Memphis fan or you don't like them?

Titans and Preds are apples and oranges. There is no direct competition between the 2. Of course we are Titans fans.

The Sounds are the Sounds. I'm sure there are Brewers fans. Myself, I'm a Cubs fan. Mostly around here there are Braves and Cardinals fans.

NFL rival? Indy......Houston..... NHL-Detroit, Chicago, then a rotating third depending on the season

What is this NBA you speak of??? I haven't paid much attention to the NBA in 10 years. I'm sure there are fans but Memphis doesn't get much play here.

triggrman 01-09-2012 03:16 PM

Memphis has a NBA team?

j/k no one I know cares about the NBA...

RaiderDoug 01-09-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

1. I am, and I would say most people are both Titans and Preds fans. (or some other NFL team). The franchises really aren't in direct competition.

2. IMHO, Nashville and Middle TN is Braves country (with a sprinkling of Cards fans around). I actually never met a Brewers fan in Nashville.

3. Rivalries (and this is kind of subjective) for the Preds would be, IMHO, the wings, and then it kind of changes. We're not big fans of the Ducks right now, and I could see the Blues rivalry heat up since they became good. For the Titans, it's the old rivalries - Colts, Steelers, Ravens, etc.

4. I like the NBA and am a Grizzlies fan, but IMHO, i haven't found alot of people in Nashville who are really into the NBA. Alot of people I know will watch the finals, but no one I really know get into the NBA like people have gotten into the NHL/Preds, etc.

Adz 01-09-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

For me: Preds fan first, Titans second.

At first the Titans won all the popularity contests simply because it was more familiar, but the Preds have built up a pretty good fan base. Most people are aware of the Predators and follow them to some extent.

I want the Sounds to do well, but I'm not a huge baseball fan. Nothing against it...except it's played outside in the elements. Yuck. Flies, mosquitoes and heat waves aren't my idea of fun. Don't keep up with the pro teams but am not anti baseball in any way.

Biggest rival in the NFL--I'd say Indianapolis because Peyton Manning used to be QB of the Tennessee Vols and the Baltimore Ravens because they knocked us out a couple of times. St. Louis Rams beat us in the Super Bowl so gotta hate them too. NHL--I guess the Red Wings. But we hate pretty much everyone.

NBA--Memphis might as well be a different state. If they're in the playoffs I'll check the scores but that's about it. Don't care about the NBA as a whole.

PredsChik 01-09-2012 03:42 PM

My best friend and her husband are Brewers fan. Her because of the Sounds and him because he's married to her, regardless of what he says. ;)

Other besties are either Cubs or Phillies and I'd count myself as a Twins fan but don't follow too closely.

thejlb1 01-09-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

I myself like the Titans and Preds equally.

Rivalry in the nfl is the Colts/Texans

Rivalry in the nhl the entire central divison.

I do root on the Sounds. No MLB teams though

Not a NBA fan.

LoveMyLife 01-09-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

1-Preds come first. Always. I like the Titans, but not as much. They rarely go head to head so I don't consider them to be in competition.

2-Yes, I am a Brewers fan as well as a long time season ticket holder for the Sounds. I like the Braves as well, but until I started watching the Sounds on a regular basis, I'd never been that into baseball so I chose the Brewers.

3-I'd say Indy is a big rival for the Titans. The Ducks and Preds seem to be building a nice rival situation, but personally, the majority of my hatred is on Columbus. :laugh:

4-I'm not a fan of the NBA, but want to see any pro team from TN do well.

AdmiralsFan24 01-09-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 42189727)
Myself, I'm a Cubs fan.

http://derekbrink.files.wordpress.co...-a-paddlin.jpg

JohniusMaximus 01-09-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 42199751)

It's been about 10 minutes and I'm still giggling at this with tears in my eyes.

kypredsfan 01-10-2012 12:04 AM

Preds first. University of Kentucky basketball 2nd. Cincinnati Reds baseball 3rd.

Football I don't care. NBA I don't care. But I put Preds above anything else.

sparkle twin 01-10-2012 04:51 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

1. The Titans are covered more in the media than the Predators. But I think the fans are getting to be evenly split. I myself however hate the Titans. Hate them.

2. Hate the Braves and can't really stand Brewers either. But I do like baseball. I like going to Sounds games. I don't know who the biggest rival would be for my MLB team, everyone beats us. :( And since Vandy baseball has been getting so much attention lately I've been rooting for them as well.

3. My NFL teams biggest rivalry is the Ravens, Browns, Patroits. In the NHL I hate Columbus, Detroit, St.Louis, Vancouver, Washington, San Jose. The Preds don't really have a rivalry with Washington, I just can't stand them.

4. Not an NBA fan, and I really only like my college team in basketball and Vanderbilt. But since Memphis has a team I check to see what they are doing in the standings and see how some players are doing that went to my college.

token grinder 01-10-2012 07:27 AM

almost sounds like someone is doing a research paper

predfan98 01-10-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 42224039)
almost sounds like someone is doing a research paper

:nod:footnote....statistics derived from nashville thread on hfboards......:sarcasm:

preds1 01-10-2012 08:52 AM

1. Preds
2. Titans
3. PGA
4. Sounds
Stopped watching NBA in the mid 90's.

PhoneGuy 01-10-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

1. Love the Preds, despise the Titans. Popularity-wise, football reigns, and probably always will.

2. Not a big fan of baseball anymore, which is strange because I loved playing it while growing up. Used to be a Cincy fan back in the day. Don't really like the Bravos, and despise the Yankees. Meh on the Brewers.

3. Being a Steelers fan, the biggest rivals for them would be the Ravens. For the Two-Tones, I would guess Indy, Houston, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. For the Preds, our biggest rival would be Detroit, although it's kind of one-sided at times. They're the measuring stick for us. C-bus, Anaheim, and the Preds - the teams just pretty much don't like each other.

4. What is this NBA that you speak of???

sparkle twin 01-12-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 42227025)

3. Being a Steelers fan.....

:thumbu: :handclap:

Drake744 01-19-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

1. The Preds popularity has grown immensely in the last couple of years. I used to feel weird for liking the Preds, now it's common place to see Preds gear all over town. With that said, most people are probably football fans first. It's the south after all. The Titans aren't my favorite team (Chargers!) but I have nothing against them. If they do well it's fine by me. Really to me it seems like people are Titans fans unless they have a reason not to be.

2. I don't know many Brewers fans in Nashville. I know one and he became that way because of the Sounds but they don't mean much to most of the city. I would say most people in Nashville are Braves, Reds or Cardinals fans. The Braves and Reds are the teams that get televised if I recall correctly (Braves more so).

3.) My friends that are Titans fans don't like Indianapolis, Baltimore or Pittsburgh. I guess you could say Houston too. A few don't like the Chargers which just makes me laugh but they have their (irrelevant) reasons.

4.) I think the NBA is like the NHL. If your city doesn't have a team, you probably don't care. I'm a Clippers fan (not a badwagoner) and don't have must interest in the Grizzlies to be quite honest. I think the vast majority of people would feel the same way.