HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Tim Gleason Tuomo Ruutu (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1076613)

buttercluck 01-10-2012 03:06 AM

Tim Gleason Tuomo Ruutu

Hello, I'm new to these boards so I don't know if it has already been mentioned but what does everyone think about Tim Gleason and getting Tuomo Ruutu back in a Hawks sweater? I feel like these could be probable and high likely.

CS85 01-10-2012 03:20 AM

From what I've heard, Ruutu is one of the more acquirable players the Hawks could get (in comparison to Iginla, Doan, etc). I wouldn't mind it but it's gotta be the right deal.

Gootie 01-10-2012 03:21 AM

Both of these players will be in high demand. Yes on Gleason, I'd rather pass on Ruutu.

Bubba88 01-10-2012 03:23 AM

Ruutu would be a great pickup. Rental, Top6 Winger, Hits and knows how to score. And he shows effort. He isn't the same he was 4 years ago.

Don't think that there are many more players available that could help us like he can

TweetyLeaf 01-10-2012 05:21 AM

<<----- thats been there the day i registered.

Still we need 2nd line center more than we need Ruutu.
If we can get 2nd line center then we need second pair defenseman.
If we get that then we neeeeeeeeedd Ruutu.

TweetyLeaf 01-10-2012 05:22 AM

Trading for Ruutu to be our 2nd line center is definite NO NO.
Trading for Ruutu and moving Sharp back to center YES YES.

Bubba88 01-10-2012 08:00 AM

Stalberg - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Krüger - Hossa
Ruutu - Bolland - Top6 guy we got for Frolik+
Bruno - Mayers - Hayes

I'd take this Roster for the POs

Teemu 01-10-2012 11:50 AM

Ruutu is one of those guys who wouldn't be worth what it would take to trade for him.

coldsteelonice84 01-10-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu (Post 42231833)
Ruutu is one of those guys who wouldn't be worth what it would take to trade for him.

Sure is, but I'd rather the Hawks overpay for him than Detroit. Hopefully we get something better but I'm more in favor of making moves earlier and getting people we need than waiting for the perfect deal and getting nothing.

Teemu 01-10-2012 12:07 PM

Detroit's not stupid enough to trade for Ruutu. They're mostly interested in players capable of playing defense.

coldsteelonice84 01-10-2012 12:20 PM

I'd say he's at least average right now. He's changed a lot since being with the Hawks, much better player. Somehow he is only a -2 on that awful Carolina team.

Blackhawkswincup 01-10-2012 01:05 PM

Gleason is perfect fit for Hawk needs

Ruutu is not ,, Slow/inconsistant/defensively prone to lapses

He had no chemistry with Sharp/Kane/Toews last time and we cant afford to give up quality assets and then watch Ruutu suck again which he will

If he was cheap (Give up a 2nd or something) then sure maybe take chance on him sticking him at LW with healthy Sharp/Hossa on 2nd line

LandofLincoln 01-10-2012 01:11 PM

I don't like Ruutu, but if he comes as a rental with Gleason. Yeah deal. We can even overpay not crazy overpay but Gleason is a guy that would be a fixture for 4-5 years.

Blackhawkswincup 01-10-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 42235561)
I don't like Ruutu, but if he comes as a rental with Gleason. Yeah deal. We can even overpay not crazy overpay but Gleason is a guy that would be a fixture for 4-5 years.

Gleason is UFA ,, He would test FA market (We saw what #4's like Wisniewski got)

LandofLincoln 01-10-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 42235649)
Gleason is UFA ,, He would test FA market (We saw what #4's like Wisniewski got)

True and the Blackhawks can offer him $$$ to keep him. You are trying to make me look silly about the UFA thing sorry buddy... Every Hawks fan on this board as well as you knows that we would want Bowman to throw cash at Gleason to keep him. Don't be dumb with the UFA stuff.

But flame me I'm getting use to that.

Blackhawkswincup 01-10-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 42236045)
True and the Blackhawks can offer him $$$ to keep him. You are trying to make me look silly about the UFA thing sorry buddy... Every Hawks fan on this board as well as you knows that we would want Bowman to throw cash at Gleason to keep him. Don't be dumb with the UFA stuff.

But flame me I'm getting use to that.

So your solution is to overpay dramatically Gleason to get him to sign on and pass up the wonders that is UFA (A UFA that saw Leino , Erhoff and Wisniewski get overpaid by ghastly sums)

Sounds like bad idea

LandofLincoln 01-10-2012 01:38 PM

ok buddy you are right...but since you have to be right

Bubba88 01-10-2012 03:33 PM

Teemu, why exactly the Ruutu hate? When was the last time you have seen him... outside of Hawks games?

BiBoFro* 01-10-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu (Post 42232585)
Detroit's not stupid enough to trade for Ruutu. They're mostly interested in players capable of playing defense.

What an asinine comment.

Players are incapable of change is pretty much what you're saying? Do you even watch other teams play?

DontToewzMeBro 01-10-2012 04:30 PM

Stalberg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Gagner-Kane
Ruutu-Bolland-Bickell
Kruger-Mayers-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Gleason-Leddy
Hammer-Montador

Is this possible under the cap?

BBSeabs27 01-10-2012 10:55 PM

Heard Jeff Schultz's name is being thrown onto the "maybe D-man" list for the hawks.

Bubba88 01-11-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 42244735)
Stalberg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Gagner-Kane
Ruutu-Bolland-Bickell
Kruger-Mayers-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Gleason-Leddy
Hammer-Montador

Is this possible under the cap?

It would be possible

clydesdale line 01-11-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 42242303)
Teemu, why exactly the Ruutu hate? When was the last time you have seen him... outside of Hawks games?

Agreed. He is not the same guy who was with the Hawks during the dark times. And for a team that already lacks gritty forwards (especially in the top 9) he is a good fit. A physical top 9 winger who consistently finishes checks (hard ones at that), can drop the gloves from time to time, and has skill? You just got poor man's Andrew Ladd back. (obviously by "poor mans" minus the good defense and speed, but more talented offensively, more grit, average defensively)

Bubba88 01-11-2012 09:36 AM

He would be an upgrade for sure. But I see the point Teemu wants to make. He just doesn't want to overpay because of a bidding war.

This is the reason why I wouldn't want to wait to make a trade. Do it now and try to get him asap

Teemu 01-11-2012 11:41 AM

Ruutu is better defensively now than he was with the Hawks, but that's not saying a whole lot. He's a crowd pleaser. He makes big hits to get the crowd and the team going, and can play well enough to do so in a complimentary top-six role. But at the same time, he's not really a puck fighter. He's not an Andrew Ladd, he's a Mark Bell. He lacks that "playoff attitude" that teams like the Wings (and the Hawks should) seek.