HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Sports (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   2012 IZOD Indycar Series Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1076987)

KevFist 01-10-2012 02:47 PM

2012 IZOD Indycar Series Thread
 
Thought I'd start us a new thread for a new season...

Current Ride projections
* denotes confirmed

Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#9 Scott Dixon*
#10 Dario Franchitti*

Chip Ganassi Racing Teams
#38 Graham Rahal*
#83 Charlie Kimball*

Penske Racing
#2 Ryan Briscoe*
#3 Helio Castroneves*
#12 Will Power*

Andretti Autosport
#26 Marco Andretti*
#27 James Hinchcliffe*
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay*

AJ Foyt Enterprises
#14 Mike Conway*
#41 Bruno Juenquiera

AFS/Sam Schmidt Racing
#17 Raphael Matos/Martin Plowman

Bryan Herta Autosport
#98 Alex Tagliani*

Conquest Racing
#34 Sebastian Saavedra

Dale Coyne Racing
#18 James Jakes
#19 Justin Wilson

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#22 Oriol Servia
#24 Ana Beatriz/Katherine Legge

Ed Carpenter Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter*

HVM Racing
#78 Simona de Sylvestro*

KV Racing
#5 Vitor Meira
#59 EJ Viso
#82 Tony Kanaan*

Panther Racing
#4 JR Hildebrand

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
#15 Jay Howard
#30 Takuma Sato

Sam Schmidt Motorsports
#77 Simon Pagineaud*

Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
#67 Josef Newgarden*

Brock Anton 01-10-2012 03:56 PM

Unless Vitor brings sponsorship, I doubt he ends up at KV. Rumor has it they're looking for a young driver (possibly from Europe) to drive the third car.

Since my original projections were way off, I'll attempt again.

Chip Ganassi Racing
#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Dario Franchitti
#38 Graham Rahal
#83 Charlie Kimball

Team Penske
#2 Ryan Briscoe
#3 Helio Castroneves
#12 Will Power

Andretti Autosport
#26 Marco Andretti
#27 James Hinchcliffe
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
(This is just pure speculation on my part, but I find it interesting that they put Hinch in the #27. Could be a possibility that Danica runs the #7 at Indy.)

KV Racing
#5 I have literally no clue. J-K Vernay? Battistini? Yacaman? Davison?
#11 Tony Kanaan
#59 E.J. Viso

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
#14 Mike Conway
#41 Bertrand Baguette

Ed Carpenter Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter

Lotus-HVM
#78 Simona de Silvestro
#33? Jean Alesi (Indy)

Dreyer & Reinbold
#22 Oriol Servia
#24 Ana Beatriz

Dale Coyne Racing
#18 Justin Wilson
#19 Sebastien Bourdais

Bryan Herta Autosport
#98 Alex Tagliani

Sam Schmidt Motorsports/AFS
#17 Wade Cunningham
#77 Simon Pagenaud

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
#15 Takuma Sato
#30 Jay Howard

Michael Shank Racing
#60 Katherine Legge

Sarah Fisher Racing
#67 Josef Newgarden

Panther Racing
#4 J.R. Hildebrand

Conquest Racing
#34 Sebastian Saavedra

Dragon Racing
#8 Paul Tracy

Live in the Now 01-10-2012 04:52 PM

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there for the return to Fontana.

Brock Anton 01-11-2012 11:58 PM

Hmm, Bourdais and Legge to Dragon?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...n-racing-team/

KevFist 01-12-2012 06:27 AM

Yeah, and it looks like Paul Tracy to the Shank seat is a done deal too

blue bleeder 24-7 01-12-2012 04:48 PM

With the addition of Bourdais, Servia locking up a spot, and Hinchtown getting the Go Daddy ride, not to mention Wilson, Power, Franchitti, Dixon, Castroneves, etc... I'm pretty sure this is one of the deepest fields in the last decade or so. You'd have to go back to CART 1995-2001 to find a field with as much talent as this one.

KevFist 01-12-2012 05:01 PM

Here's an awesome pic that came across Twitter....It's Bryan Herta taking a pic of Dan Wheldon's face on the Borg Warner Trophy. You can see Suzie Wheldon in the reflection....
https://p.twimg.com/Ai6gOheCAAIJIpX.jpg:large

KevFist 01-12-2012 05:03 PM

Yeah, with Franchitti, Dixon, Power, Bourdais, Servia, Castroneves, Wilson, and Kanaan in the field and all in good rides AND with the new car, it really should be interesting...

CHRDANHUTCH 01-12-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 42243383)
Unless Vitor brings sponsorship, I doubt he ends up at KV. Rumor has it they're looking for a young driver (possibly from Europe) to drive the third car.

Since my original projections were way off, I'll attempt again.

Chip Ganassi Racing
#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Dario Franchitti
#38 Graham Rahal
#83 Charlie Kimball

Team Penske
#2 Ryan Briscoe
#3 Helio Castroneves
#12 Will Power

Andretti Autosport
#26 Marco Andretti
#27 James Hinchcliffe
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
(This is just pure speculation on my part, but I find it interesting that they put Hinch in the #27. Could be a possibility that Danica runs the #7 at Indy.)

KV Racing
#5 I have literally no clue. J-K Vernay? Battistini? Yacaman? Davison?
#11 Tony Kanaan
#59 E.J. Viso

A.J. Foyt Enterprises
#14 Mike Conway
#41 Bertrand Baguette

Ed Carpenter Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter

Lotus-HVM
#78 Simona de Silvestro
#33? Jean Alesi (Indy)

Dreyer & Reinbold
#22 Oriol Servia
#24 Ana Beatriz

Dale Coyne Racing
#18 Justin Wilson
#19 Sebastien Bourdais

Bryan Herta Autosport
#98 Alex Tagliani

Sam Schmidt Motorsports/AFS
#17 Wade Cunningham
#77 Simon Pagenaud

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
#15 Takuma Sato
#30 Jay Howard

Michael Shank Racing
#60 Katherine Legge

Sarah Fisher Racing
#67 Josef Newgarden

Panther Racing
#4 J.R. Hildebrand

Conquest Racing
#34 Sebastian Saavedra

Dragon Racing
#8 Paul Tracy

Doubtful you'll see Danica for the 500, NASCAR may be no where near Indianapolis now that the Nationwide Series WAS added to IMS' Schedule on Brickyard weekend.

Brock Anton 01-12-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroFist (Post 42361901)
Yeah, with Franchitti, Dixon, Power, Bourdais, Servia, Castroneves, Wilson, and Kanaan in the field and all in good rides AND with the new car, it really should be interesting...

Add in Chevy and Lotus along with Honda, makes things even more interesting.

KevFist 01-17-2012 05:07 PM

Tony Kanaan's number is changing for the 2012 season from 82 back to his traditional 11. Also, the Lotus engines seem to have gotten up to speed quite nicely. Simona reported back as being very pleased with the performance.

Can't wait to get an up close and personal look at the new car when they come to Barber.

KevFist 01-17-2012 05:09 PM

Also, Servia is officially in at Dreyer & Reinbold. Tag is officialy in at BHA with a set sponsor.

Brock Anton 01-25-2012 02:31 PM

Rubens Barrichello is testing a KV Racing car, possible that he's the third driver.

KevFist 01-25-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 43104565)
Rubens Barrichello is testing a KV Racing car, possible that he's the third driver.

how awesome would it be if somehow Barrichello and Petrov ended up in Indycar....

BTW...heard the new Lotus engine on track...... It's a thing of beauty.

Brock Anton 02-29-2012 02:40 PM

Barrichello set to drive for KV, announcement expected tomorrow.

http://www.racer.com/report-barriche...rticle/229880/

Brock Anton 03-01-2012 02:03 PM

To continue my last post, Barrichello confirmed at KV.

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/st...e-indycar-2012

Nice coup for IndyCar.

blue bleeder 24-7 03-02-2012 07:09 PM

Borrowed this from TrackForum, but it's fairly accurate, showing what drivers are with what teams, with what engines. Full Time/Part Time, etc.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...0122-26-12.png

blue bleeder 24-7 03-05-2012 01:36 PM

Open test in Sebring today.

Reports so far show that Castroneves is quickest, but the whole Penske crew is doing well. Dragon Racing is stuck without an engine, as Lotus was unable to provide their own factory team with an engine for testing today.

The whole Lotus saga, and engine supply drama is getting a bit ridiculous. Someone from IndyCar's legal team probably needs to visit the Lotus factory.

Brock Anton 03-07-2012 01:01 AM

Rahal Letterman sign 2011 GP2 runner-up Luca Filippi to drive the No. 30 car, starting at Indy.

Andretti and AFS Racing combine to put Sebastian Saavedra in the Indy 500. Saavedra will be the test driver for AA.

blue bleeder 24-7 03-20-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 (Post 45550127)
Open test in Sebring today.

Reports so far show that Castroneves is quickest, but the whole Penske crew is doing well. Dragon Racing is stuck without an engine, as Lotus was unable to provide their own factory team with an engine for testing today.

The whole Lotus saga, and engine supply drama is getting a bit ridiculous. Someone from IndyCar's legal team probably needs to visit the Lotus factory.

As time has gone on, it seems less like Lotus and more like Dragon Racing itself that's running a crooked scheme here. Marshall Pruett just tweeted that Bourdais is probably out of a ride because Dragon can't get him an engine, and Lotus says they'll give them an engine when they give them a check...

Not sure what's going on, but it's leaving one of the best drivers in the world without a ride, and a bad taste about the series in his mouth.

What a disaster.

KevFist 03-22-2012 10:48 AM

Lotus says everyone who paid for an engine HAS an engine. This is just making me think back to the crap Kanaan went through with DeFerran Dragon racing last year

blue bleeder 24-7 03-25-2012 12:46 PM

About 20 laps in, under yellow. Legge (Lotus), de Silvestro (Lotus) and Kanaan (Chevy) out with mechanical errors, and Jakes bringing out a yellow with not-being-able-to-drive errors.

Brock Anton 03-25-2012 02:14 PM

Lotus will be in for a long struggle.

blue bleeder 24-7 03-25-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 46700641)
Lotus will be in for a long struggle.

Bourdais made a good try out of it. Was up to second at one point, before Mechanical problems put him out. Or I'm assuming it was Mechanical problems, because ABC never even mentioned that the guy running second was suddenly out of the race. Way to go ABC.

Brock Anton 03-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 (Post 46715341)
Bourdais made a good try out of it. Was up to second at one point, before Mechanical problems put him out. Or I'm assuming it was Mechanical problems, because ABC never even mentioned that the guy running second was suddenly out of the race. Way to go ABC.

Yeah, it took me a while to realize where Bourdais went....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.