HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Which young Dman would you give up in a trade first? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1077115)

I Will Son 01-10-2012 05:19 PM

Which young Dman would you give up in a trade first?

I gotta go with Blum, due to his recent play and how Ellis and Josi have looked. Id rather keep them all, or trade Ekholm but I doubt Ekholm goes in a trade since he is over seas atm and wouldnt be able to play right away. Thats why I left him out of this poll.

Ellis was a close choice due to how much value and high praise he has around the league. Could probably secure us a better deal better than Blum or Josi would.

Soundgarden 01-10-2012 05:24 PM

It all depends on who we're getting back. If Anaheim says they want Ellis or Josi instead of Blum for one of their big 3 I'd have to think we'd have to take it.

If, however we're going to try and shore up our depth and get something like Smid+ Gagner from Edmonton I'd rather hold on to Ellis or Josi and trade Blum.

SilasAdams 01-10-2012 05:34 PM

blum.

BADofSmashville 01-10-2012 05:37 PM

Blum..No Explanation needed

101st_fan 01-10-2012 05:40 PM

Blum is the obvious choice, but, what we'd like to give up first is irrelevant. It all comes down to what the asking price is for the player we're trying to acquire.

BADofSmashville 01-10-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 42247153)
Blum is the obvious choice, but, what we'd like to give up first is irrelevant. It all comes down to what the asking price is for the player we're trying to acquire.

Sad but true... However, what a world it would be if the fans could vote and be like..This dudes gotta go and then... Boom their gone... The ultimate sports democracy...

VFL615* 01-10-2012 05:46 PM

I go with Blum, Klein, Hillen, Bulls, Josi, Ellis, Suts, Weber. In that order.

My ideal line:
Weber-Josi
Suter-Ellis
Bulls-Trade for a 1-2 line d man and insert.

101st_fan 01-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADofSmashville (Post 42247277)
Sad but true... However, what a world it would be if the fans could vote and be like..This dudes gotta go and then... Boom their gone... The ultimate sports democracy...

Think how many teams would suck as bad as the Isles and Oil under that scenario. Fans tend towards knee-jerk reactions. We had fans ready to toss Suter under the bus just after the lockout ... Wilson would have been gone ... Klein ... Blum ... Ellis ... Lindback .... almost everyone would have been voted out over the past four years.

BADofSmashville 01-10-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 42247529)
Think how many teams would suck as bad as the Isles and Oil under that scenario. Fans tend towards knee-jerk reactions. We had fans ready to toss Suter under the bus just after the lockout ... Wilson would have been gone ... Klein ... Blum ... Ellis ... Lindback .... almost everyone would have been voted out over the past four years.

I guess my hope is there are more logical fans than quick fire ones.

101st_fan 01-10-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADofSmashville (Post 42247927)
I guess my hope is there are more logical fans than quick fire ones.

I needed that laugh today ... thanks.

I've yet to see any evidence that logic will ever trump quick fire on any message board.

jstreet 01-10-2012 06:04 PM

I picked Josi because I've seen what Blum is capable of and I still believe in him. Josi on the other hand plays a nice quiet games but when he makes a mistake it tends to be so horribly glaring that I gave him the nod.

Then again, what do you expect playing with Kevin Klein night in and night out.

Top 6 Spaling 01-10-2012 06:29 PM

Ellis. His rep league-wide would get us some great value back, and we have seen Blum and Josi both be sucessful in top 4 roles (heck, Josi was solid as a #2 for awhile). Ellis, while incredibly talented, is unproven.

Don't get me wrong, I dont want to deal any of them. i think, at worst, all three end up as top 4 defenseman. But, in the right deal, we can afford to trade Ellis or Blum for the scorer we desperately need.

Paranoid Android 01-10-2012 06:32 PM

Man, I honestly don't know. You can make a case for all of them. Blum because he has regressed majorly, Josi because he is injury prone, Ellis because he's small. Blum probably has the lowest ceiling of them all though, so I guess him, but I think he's also the safest pick.

preds1 01-10-2012 06:58 PM

Tough one, but went with Blum.

utmfisher19 01-11-2012 08:40 AM

Too many factors arise in this for me... Is a team just going to say, "Hey, we will give you TJ Galiardi for one of those 3, you pick?"

Either way, it still depends on if we are able to keep Weber, Suter, both, or neither. If Weber seems like he won't be here, I'd keep Ellis. If Suter seems like he won't be here, I'd keep Josi. If they both plan on staying or leaving, I'd say goodbye to Blum.

I believe Ellis will currently get you bigger return, Blum would be the safest player, and Josi will end up being the best out of the three.

Legionnaire11 01-11-2012 08:51 AM

Today Blum is an easy answer. But next season it's likely that he finds his game again and starts progressing as an NHL d-man. While it's also likely that Ellis and Josi will struggle. The sophomore slump is no joke, and our prospects have definitely proven that lately.

Today Ellis is likely the most tradeable however if you're looking for a decent return. He's filled in well, and has the most name recognition around the league. I don't want to trade him, but i'm probably okay with it if the right piece is coming back to Nashville.

token grinder 01-11-2012 12:40 PM

Today Blum is the answer. Last week and two PP goals ago, it was Ellis. Last year it was josi.

triggrman 01-11-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 42301323)
Today Blum is the answer. Last week and two PP goals ago, it was Ellis. Last year it was josi.

This

PredsV82 01-11-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 42301323)

and of course the question is, what can we get in trade for Blum? the answer is, probably less today then we could have this summer...

I have a feeling if we want to get an elite scorer, its gonna be Ellis or Josi we have to send the other way.