HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Martin Grenier??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=107740)

BDubinskyNYR17* 10-08-2004 10:51 PM

Martin Grenier???

Wow this guy is a goon. I wonder if he will replace Purinton in the future. He has size but can he play is the question? I know its a preseason game but damn he got 39 pim tonight vs Springfield tonight in 3-1 win. Goals scored by Balej, Tyutin and Macmillan.

Fish 10-08-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Wow this guy is a goon. I wonder if he will replace Purinton in the future. He has size but can he play is the question? I know its a preseason game but damn he got 39 pim tonight vs Springfield tonight in 3-1 win. Goals scored by Balej, Tyutin and Macmillan.

Well IMO, I see him as a lesser skilled version of Purinton. It should also be noted that he's already with his 4th NHL organization...Colorado->Phoenix->Vancouver->NYR

He even was scratched in favor of Jeff Paul in the AHL Conference championships, though to be fair he finished the regular season with an injury and he may simply have been out of game shape.

Prucha73 10-08-2004 11:35 PM

How good is his skating?

CoolDude* 10-08-2004 11:47 PM

He looked twice as good as Malik in the Vancouver games.. but that's not much to be proud of

Prucha73 10-09-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
He looked twice as good as Malik in the Vancouver games.. but that's not much to be proud of

Malik is a very solid defenseman, but I doubt Grenier is anywhere near that level.

BDubinskyNYR17* 10-09-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
Malik is a very solid defenseman, but I doubt Grenier is anywhere near that level.

Yea Malik is very underrated. I think he is a top 4 guy. Too bad canes dealt him. He played well for them.

CoolDude* 10-09-2004 12:04 AM

NO NO NO NO NO!! Malik is soo awful, I'v watched atleast 75 Vancouver last season. Malik sucks

Prucha73 10-09-2004 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
NO NO NO NO NO!! Malik is soo awful, I'v watched atleast 75 Vancouver last season. Malik sucks

19 points, +35 rating, few times that I saw him he looked good, Brian Burke was praising him during the draft. Maybe you think he sucks because he doesn't hit much?

CoolDude* 10-09-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:

19 points, +35 rating, few times that I saw him he looked good, Brian Burke was praising him during the draft. Maybe you think he sucks because he doesn't hit much?

think of a tall Tom Poti minus the offensive ability.

Prucha73 10-09-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
think of a tall Tom Poti minus the offensive ability.

I thought you would compare him to Poti. I think he is much better defensively though, I would rather compare him to Rathje.

CoolDude* 10-09-2004 12:41 AM

More like a poor mans Hal Gill

Prucha73 10-09-2004 12:44 AM

I would take Malik over the likes of Malakhov, Purinton, Poti and Kasparaitis any time.

Edge 10-09-2004 12:59 AM

xnay on the insults okay?

Insult the players, not each other.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-09-2004 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
xnay on the insults okay?

Insult the players, not each other.

But it makes things so lively around here!

Levitate 10-09-2004 03:53 PM

kaspar actually has surprised me with his defensive skills in his time with the rangers...after that horrible start, he really turned into a real solid defenseman...honestly there aren't a lot of "mid level" defensemen i'd take over him if he played the way he's shown he's capable of.

grenier...eh, probably not much goin there but you never know

Edge 10-09-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
But it makes things so lively around here!

Sometimes, but we've already seen where this goes a million times. And then we go through the same process. Two people get nasty, then others join in and then Singin has to jump in and close a thread on what could be an interesting subject, etc. etc. etc.

Besdies Prucha will get into enough trouble on his own without Bob suckering him into a fight ;) {just ribbin ya prucha}

Brooklyn Ranger 10-10-2004 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Sometimes, but we've already seen where this goes a million times. And then we go through the same process. Two people get nasty, then others join in and then Singin has to jump in and close a thread on what could be an interesting subject, etc. etc. etc.

Besdies Prucha will get into enough trouble on his own without Bob suckering him into a fight ;) {just ribbin ya prucha}

You can be so literal at times! :eek: But, yes, you are correct.

Edge 10-10-2004 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
You can be so literal at times! :eek: But, yes, you are correct.

You know it.

Dagoon44 10-11-2004 10:44 AM

Martin is a solid fighter with great power, The problem is the kid isn't a goon and doesn't like to fight. HE is on his 4th team for this reason and till teams figure it out he will be a lifer in AHL

AG9NK35DT8* 10-11-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

I would take Malik over the likes of Malakhov, Purinton, Poti and Kasparaitis any time.

i wouldnt even consider a "on top of his game healthy" malik over a
"healthy on top of his game" Malakhov, no way in hell, wouldnt take him over kaspar either, as he has shown some excellent defensive poisture with nyr over the last year or so especialy when paired with devries.

but i will take anything over poti, but purrinton is good for his aggressive game and fighting and protecting so i wouldnt take malik over purrinton either he dont fight just a big useless body, who can play an ok defensive game.

Prucha73 10-11-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
i wouldnt even consider a "on top of his game healthy" malik over a
"healthy on top of his game" Malakhov, no way in hell, wouldnt take him over kaspar either, as he has shown some excellent defensive poisture with nyr over the last year or so especialy when paired with devries.

but i will take anything over poti, but purrinton is good for his aggressive game and fighting and protecting so i wouldnt take malik over purrinton either he dont fight just a big useless body, who can play an ok defensive game.

Malik lead NHL in +/-. Malakhov never was and never will be at the top of his game on consistant basis. I was never impressed with Kasparaitis, and he while became steadier defensively, seemed to have lost his nastyness and brutal hitting.