HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Campoli traded speculation... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1077435)

Miller Time 01-10-2012 09:54 PM

Campoli traded speculation...
 
Twitter world has Campoli traded to the lighting for a 4th rd pick.

Source is not "legit" by HF standards at this point, so positng this as speculation... if it gets confirmed hopefully thread title can be changed.


if the deal is legit, pretty "meh" imo. Nice to get something back for him, but considering what he fetched just a year ago, nothing to write home about.

watch him excel for the lighting down the stretch...

bright side is that hopefully Weber gets back into a regular rotation, and if we are going to miss the playoffs, hopefully he helps the lightning finish ahead of us #shouldvetradedhimtotheisles

Habaneros 01-10-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time (Post 42278497)
Twitter world has Campoli traded to the lighting for a 4th rd pick.

Source is not "legit" by HF standards at this point, so positng this as speculation... if it gets confirmed hopefully thread title can be changed.


if the deal is legit, pretty "meh" imo. Nice to get something back for him, but considering what he fetched just a year ago, nothing to write home about.

watch him excel for the lighting down the stretch...

bright side is that hopefully Weber gets back into a regular rotation, and if we are going to miss the playoffs, hopefully he helps the lightning finish ahead of us #shouldvetradedhimtotheisles


only Montreal strives to help Tampa Bay more eh?

Miller Time 01-10-2012 09:55 PM

wow... thread poped up in time it took for me to write it...

mods, please delete or merge. thx

Habs 4 Life 01-10-2012 09:56 PM

Of course he fetched more last year, he was traded by another GM. We should all know that when the Murray of the Ducks flipped Lapierre for a better pick then what we got!

llamateizer 01-10-2012 09:56 PM

Im starting a new thread
Im not sure

Campoli was traded ?

Miller Time 01-10-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42278641)
Of course he fetched more last year, he was traded by another GM. We should all know that when the Murray of the Ducks flipped Lapierre for a better pick then what we got!

but but but... according to some, the guy in your avatar IS a good GM...

Andy 01-10-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42278641)
Of course he fetched more last year, he was traded by another GM. We should all know that when the Murray of the Ducks flipped Lapierre for a better pick then what we got!

The ducks also added another player to the trade the second time around. That being said, lapierre shouldn't have been moved in the first place.

Habaneros 01-10-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42278641)
Of course he fetched more last year, he was traded by another GM. We should all know that when the Murray of the Ducks flipped Lapierre for a better pick then what we got!

the great Gauthier 2012 give away begins ...Reggie Houle jr ...




scout Martin will be looking for the next solid defensive forward .....a 15 goal a year Crosby

OneSharpMarble 01-10-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42278641)
Of course he fetched more last year, he was traded by another GM. We should all know that when the Murray of the Ducks flipped Lapierre for a better pick then what we got!

What do you expect for a player that can't even make the habs defense? I think PG could get Tampa's next 20 1st round picks and you would still whine.

Habs 4 Life 01-10-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 42279203)
What do you expect for a player that can't even make the habs defense? I think PG could get Tampa's next 20 1st round picks and you would still whine.

Ottawa traded him for a 2nd last year, yes I'll keep whining until our dumbass GM isn't fired! You keep loving his moves

gusfring 01-10-2012 10:06 PM

Another excellent PG pickup - Chris Campoli.

Hopefully Kaberle is next, but I doubt it. No one besides us would trade for that contract...

Whitesnake 01-10-2012 10:06 PM

The question is : Who the heck can we now acquire for this 4th round pick? :sarcasm: 4th round in this upcoming draft would be fun. Come on please, I want to have fun come draft day for once, hoping it is just the start of something more in that regard.

MJN79 01-10-2012 10:06 PM

Hopefully its true, anything we can get now for a guy who can't crack our top 6 is good.

FrankMTL 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42279383)
Ottawa traded him for a 2nd last year, yes I'll keep whining until our dumbass GM isn't fired! You keep loving his moves

He is a dumbass....but you can't really hate this move. If true, we're getting a 4th rounder for basically nothing..

Now, back to the PG bashing ;)

Habaneros 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 42279203)
What do you expect for a player that can't even make the habs defense? I think PG could get Tampa's next 20 1st round picks and you would still whine.

this management team ALWAYS waits ,and sells low......

just list the names....and what we got in return ...

Miller Time 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 42278763)
The ducks also added another player to the trade the second time around. That being said, lapierre shouldn't have been moved in the first place.

yeah, they added MacGregor Sharp... 8 career NHL games, now playing in Italy... and the nucks added joel perrault a guy who had 90 NHL games, now playing in Switzerland (difference btw Swiss league and Italian league is not far off from NHL/AHL)


Lapierre shouldn't have been traded, but when he was, the return was god awful, and the ducks quickly showed just how bad they fleeced us by getting a 3rd round pick a month later for a guy who did nothing but play poorly while with them.

Gauthier made a bad decision AND got fleeced...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habaneros (Post 42278779)
the great Gauthier 2012 give away begins ...

Reggie Houle jr ...

scout Martin will be looking for the next solid defensive forward .....a 15 goal a year Crosby

this has the potential to be a nightmare.

Campoli, as useless as he's been, and as much as I have no issue at all with him being traded, is EXACTLY the kind of guy that should have been moved no sooner than a week before the deadline.

if he got a 4th now, I bet he could have got a 3rd, or even a desperate 2nd (from a top contending team who missed out on the D upgrades they were targeting but desperate to add that veteran D for the playoff run) right at the deadline.

you don't move a UFA-to-be for a paltry return a month out of the deadline... Gauthier is clueless.

Molson needs to step in before we end up with another Gomez/Kaberle/Lapierre type deal.

Andy 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42279383)
Ottawa traded him for a 2nd last year, yes I'll keep whining until our dumbass GM isn't fired! You keep loving his moves

Key Words right there.

Kaberle was traded for a 1st and Colborne last year...By that logic Rutherford got fleeced right?

Whitesnake 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 42279433)
Another excellent PG pickup - Chris Campoli.

Hopefully Kaberle is next, but I doubt it. No one besides us would trade for that contract...

There is a possibility. We fire Gauthier. Another team fires their GM and hire him. We then trade Kaberle to Gauthier. There's actually only Gauthier who can take what Gauthier traded for....

Madam Kadri 01-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habaneros (Post 42278613)
only Montreal strives to help Tampa Bay more eh?

If you mean help Tampa tank again, sure. MAB and Campoli together. :laugh:

LyricalLyricist 01-10-2012 10:08 PM

Campoli has been injured half the year and his stock isn't exactly rising. Isn't this a good draft? So it's only normal his value went down but a 3rd rounder would've been nice.

Habaneros 01-10-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 42279497)
He is a dumbass....but you can't really hate this move. If true, we're getting a 4th rounder for basically nothing..

Now, back to the PG bashing ;)

yes we got a 5th round for Lapierre....what did that get us?

Habs always wait till the car has flat tires, then try to sell ..

Habs 4 Life 01-10-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 42279497)
He is a dumbass....but you can't really hate this move. If true, we're getting a 4th rounder for basically nothing..

Now, back to the PG bashing ;)

No I love the pick I just think closer to deadline teams get more desperate and offer up a bit more, like a 3rd or even a 2nd if a team has multiple picks

MJN79 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time (Post 42279521)
yeah, they added MacGregor Sharp... 8 career NHL games, now playing in Italy... and the nucks added joel perrault a guy who had 90 NHL games, now playing in Switzerland (difference btw Swiss league and Italian league is not far off from NHL/AHL)


Lapierre shouldn't have been traded, but when he was, the return was god awful, and the ducks quickly showed just how bad they fleeced us by getting a 3rd round pick a month later for a guy who did nothing but play poorly while with them.

Gauthier made a bad decision AND got fleeced...



this has the potential to be a nightmare.

Campoli, as useless as he's been, and as much as I have no issue at all with him being traded, is EXACTLY the kind of guy that should have been moved no sooner than a week before the deadline.

if he got a 4th now, I bet he could have got a 3rd, or even a desperate 2nd (from a top contending team who missed out on the D upgrades they were targeting but desperate to add that veteran D for the playoff run) right at the deadline.

you don't move a UFA-to-be for a paltry return a month out of the deadline... Gauthier is clueless.

Molson needs to step in before we end up with another Gomez/Kaberle/Lapierre type deal.


I agree with you but lets play devil's advocate and say Campoli gets injured again close to deadline, we get nothing in return. With the Habs string of bad luck, its a very possible situation

Andy 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 42279733)
No I love the pick I just think closer to deadline teams get more desperate and offer up a bit more, like a 3rd or even a 2nd if a team has multiple picks

That's assuming that Campoli stays in the lineup and actually is able to gain some value.

Miller Time 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 42279523)
Key Words right there.

Kaberle was traded for a 1st and Colborne last year...By that logic Rutherford got fleeced right?

do you know what the trade deadline is?

go look up Andy Sutton, and see what he was worth at the deadline...


HUGE HUGE HUGE difference btw trading for a veteran UFA-to-be, who is playing pretty well (didn't we have a long discussion where you were adamant that Kaberle was a KEY PART of the Laffs mid-season turn-around... wouldn't that have 'upped" his value considerably at the time he was moved, by your own logic?)

and trading a veteran player struggling so much as to be a healthy scratch early in the first year of a 3-year 4.25M/per deal... and this coming off of a late-season + playoff stretch were he struggled mightily and was being used more as a pp specialist.


come on now Andy, try to stay consistent...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.