HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Waived: Steve McIntyre (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1077803)

vecens24 01-11-2012 11:22 AM

Steve McIntyre
 
Per McKenzie

(Can't copy and paste proof via Tweetdeck, but it happened lol)

Harv 01-11-2012 11:25 AM

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
PIT puts Steve MacIntyre on waivers.

Shady Machine 01-11-2012 11:25 AM

Nice :5:

Malkin4Top6Wingerz 01-11-2012 11:26 AM

Good riddance.

LiffLaff 01-11-2012 11:30 AM

Dominoes ;)

SEALBound 01-11-2012 11:30 AM

Just a cap space eater...

Big McLargehuge 01-11-2012 11:32 AM

0 fights.

0 goddamned fights.

MrBurgundy* 01-11-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEALBound (Post 42298285)
Just a cap space eater...

Hopefully it's to make room for Jeffrey on the roster. Has he been activated off of IR yet?

eXile59 01-11-2012 11:33 AM

The way of the enforcer is gone. No one for him to fight & the instigator keeps them from keeping guys honest.

MetalheadPenguinsFan 01-11-2012 11:45 AM

See ya Big Mac.

Oh wait. We didn't. :laugh:

mythicalberserker 01-11-2012 11:51 AM

So, if he's picked up, what happens to mustache boy? :amazed:

TheRollingPuck 01-11-2012 12:01 PM

Oh yeah!

ThememanXX 01-11-2012 12:09 PM

So does this mean something larger is in the works, or is it to make room for Jeffrey to come off the IR and keep Colin McDonald while calling up another defenseman to take Despres/Martin's place??

Yikes, this is all just becoming too much. Certainly not Mac's fault. He was signed knowing what his skill set was, he just never got the chance to perform with the way the NHL is these days.

Sidney the Kidney 01-11-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 42298387)
The way of the enforcer is gone.

I don't think that's quite true. I think enforcers who can't do anything other than fight are becoming extinct, but I think there will always be a spot for an enforcer who can at least contribute marginally outside of fighting (ie. Shawn Thornton, Deryk Engelland, Matt Carkner, etc.).

Quote:

the instigator keeps them from keeping guys honest.
This is my biggest issue. I hate the instigator rule. I honestly think it has a part (however small) to play in the number of injuries we see now, because some of these kamakaze players run around without any fear whatsoever of retribution for their reckless play.

While he might have been a bit melodramatic in his speech, I agree somewhat with Brian Burke about how the instigator allows the "rats" to do as they please, with no real consequence. There have always been rats, but at least before there was a way to control them on the ice. Now the only way to control them is if Shanahan decides to suspend them after the fact.

With regards to MacIntyre, specifically, no big loss. He was brought in to enforce (ie. fight), and he's got zero fights this season. Whether that's his fault or not -- having no takers -- is moot, because the bottom line is what he's paid to do he hasn't done, regardless of the reason for it.

SirBrad 01-11-2012 12:27 PM

Way to shake things up.

Sh00terMcGavin 01-11-2012 12:31 PM

Clearly a sign that we're about to pick up Parise...I wish.

PensPlz 01-11-2012 12:40 PM

What to do with all this new cap space....

froods 01-11-2012 12:48 PM

I am kind of confused. I don't really care that he got waived but, why would MacDonald stay up? He obviously isn't gonna play and doesn't have to clear waivers again. Are they gonna send him down for yet another D man today and the MacInyre move was for Jeffrey? How sick is Martin? Couldn't they just waive MacDonald for a D-man tonight them waive that D-man to activate Jeffrey? Maybe a trade coming?

Ziggyjoe21 01-11-2012 01:07 PM

My theory is that Mac watched the NY Times mini series on Derek Boogaard and was effected by it in a big way.

Still, let's see less Godards and Macs and more Engellands and Neils.

Terrapin 01-11-2012 01:28 PM

I'm glad. I was tired of watching sit in the press box, while teams like Boston and Ottawa physically humiliated us. Hopefully Englelland is next to go, and we can be officially the softest team in the league.

ThememanXX 01-11-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 (Post 42302469)
My theory is that Mac watched the NY Times mini series on Derek Boogaard and was effected by it in a big way.

Yeah, no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 (Post 42302469)
Still, let's see less Godards and Macs and more Engellands and Neils.

Just what the league needs, more Chris Neils. :shakehead

MrBurgundy* 01-11-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapin (Post 42303257)
I'm glad. I was tired of watching sit in the press box, while teams like Boston and Ottawa physically humiliated us. Hopefully Englelland is next to go, and we can be officially the softest team in the league.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelTownFever (Post 42298211)
Yeah man. Those 4 minutes on nights he played, and sitting in the press box on nights he didn't really made us a tough team.

He sure was a major deterrent out there. I bet the other team was majorly afraid every time he jumped over the boards. As a matter of fact they were so afraid they kept skating around in circles in the offensive zone trying to get away from him. Hell they even moved the puck away from themselves to stop him from checking them. If they were really lucky they would put the puck in the net so the whistle would blow and they could leave the ice as quickly as possible.

Terrapin 01-11-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelTownFever (Post 42303483)
He sure was a major deterrent out there. I bet the other team was majorly afraid every time he jumped over the boards. As a matter of fact they were so afraid they kept skating around in circles in the offensive zone trying to get away from him. Hell they even moved the puck away from themselves to stop him from checking them. If they were really lucky they would put the puck in the net so the whistle would blow and they could leave the ice as quickly as possible.

It seemed pretty apparent that guys like Neil and Carkner last night were trembling all game at the thought of Richard Park lining them up.

MrBurgundy* 01-11-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapin (Post 42303575)
It seemed pretty apparent that guys like Neil and Carkner last night were trembling all game at the thought of Richard Park lining them up.

When did I insinuate that they were?

Instead of bringing up a strawman argument, you should try to address what my point actually was.

Flat Stanley 01-11-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapin (Post 42303257)
I'm glad. I was tired of watching sit in the press box, while teams like Boston and Ottawa physically humiliated us. Hopefully Englelland is next to go, and we can be officially the softest team in the league.

Why in the world would Engelland be let go? He's no enforcer, he doesn't have to fight to be effective on this team. He has skill. He's a great 6th defenseman, and even when he plays with Orpik, he doesn't play that bad, he's a tough, physcial player. So what if he doesn't fight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.