HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GDT: 1/11/12 Devils @ Oilers 9pm ET - "the babe game day thread" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1077843)

njdevsfn95 01-11-2012 12:12 PM

1/11/12 Devils @ Oilers 9pm ET - "the babe game day thread"
 
Did I say babe?

Since no one else wanted to do it, I did it. Since the lineup yesterday didn't show up until the 2nd period last night, I won't put it here until the 2nd period tonight*.

Let's Go Devils!
















*no I won't. Ill be coaching tonight.

Ronnie Bass 01-11-2012 12:14 PM

Oiler must be really hurting:

Edmonton Oilers
#Oilers have recalled forward Milan Kytnar from the ECHL's Stockton Thunder on emergency recall

Saugus 01-11-2012 12:14 PM

Let's hope it's a strong bounceback game.

Getzo5 01-11-2012 12:14 PM

Oilers called up Slovak prospect Milan Kytnar from ECHL. You know, injuries. :laugh:

We better win this one! LGD.

EDIT: Ronnie beat me to it.

cj225 01-11-2012 12:16 PM

Here's your game preview, courtesy of me!

http://devilsarmyblog.com/2012/01/11...monton-oilers/

daveskirtun 01-11-2012 12:19 PM

Another game? Please no, noooooo!

AirheadPete 01-11-2012 12:21 PM

Bounce back win tonight.....I'm not sweating last night even though as a bubble team it sucks to lose to any team you should prolly beat.

Bleedred 01-11-2012 12:22 PM

The Oilers SUCK! I'm tired of seeing the Devils lose to BS garbage teams that are no good.

On the other hand the Oilers average 3 goals a game. The Devils can rarely score more than 3 goals a game.

The Oilers have won 2 of their last 10. This should be the easiest win of the year or at least easiest road game of the year. They are only a shorthanded goal away from losing to this team if that problem should creep back for the first time in 4 games. I thought they could beat Calgary too. Losing to this team is embarrassing. I'm getting liquored up cause I can't actually I refuse to watch the Devils lose to this team sober.

Also this is the Geritol Goaltending match. Good chance both ends will have Goaltenders pushing 40 with Khabibulin on their end.

No word on who will play for us. I was hoping they would either call Kinkaid, or Chris Terreri would suit up. Terreri may as well have been playing last night.

Haha remember when Terreri played that game in Albany like 5 years ago, and got beat up pretty bad?

MartyOwns 01-11-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 42300243)
Here's your game preview, courtesy of me!

http://devilsarmyblog.com/2012/01/11...monton-oilers/

the links you post for that site never load for me...might be my company's internet, although that would be wacky

cj225 01-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleedred (Post 42300499)
The Oilers SUCK! I'm tired of seeing the Devils lose to BS garbage teams that are no good.

On the other hand the Oilers average 3 goals a game. The Devils can rarely score more than 3 goals a game.

The Oilers have won 2 of their last 10. This should be the easiest win of the year or at least easiest road game of the year. They are only a shorthanded goal away from losing to this team if that problem should creep back for the first time in 4 games. I thought they could beat Calgary too. Losing to this team is embarrassing. I'm getting liquored up cause I can't actually I refuse to watch the Devils lose to this team sober.

Also this is the Geritol Goaltending match. Good chance both ends will have Goaltenders pushing 40 with Khabibulin on their end.

No word on who will play for us. I was hoping they would either call Kinkaid, or Chris Terreri would suit up. Terreri may as well have been playing last night.

Haha remember when Terreri played that game in Albany like 5 years ago, and got beat up pretty bad?

Bolded part...no game is every easy. Even the Islanders can beat teams like Detroit once in awhile!

Saugus 01-11-2012 12:27 PM

This is a game we really should win, and of course, every time I say that, they lose.

cj225 01-11-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyOwns (Post 42300663)
the links you post for that site never load for me...might be my company's internet, although that would be wacky

That sucks! You could just try devilsarmyblog.com and see if it loads.

FYI - Hedberg in goal tonight.

Saugus 01-11-2012 12:29 PM

Let's hope Moose plays better and gets more support than he did last night.

RANDOMH3RO 01-11-2012 12:30 PM

It'd be nice to get a regulation win to hit the 50 point mark.

Rella17 01-11-2012 12:38 PM

no excuse not to win tonight

Bleedred 01-11-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 42300675)
Bolded part...no game is every easy. Even the Islanders can beat teams like Detroit once in awhile!

Yeah I keep thinking about the Islanders beating on the Red Wings. At least the Islanders actually got 30 shots though.:laugh:

All I'm saying is that if there WAS an EASY road game this should be it. I know Pittsburgh has now lost like 5 in a row, but if you ask me who do we have a better chance beating on the road Pittsburgh or Edmonton? I'm gonna say Edmonton. I would even say Calgary over Pittsburgh too.

Edmonton averages 3 goals a game so we might need more than that. One thing I notice about the Devils that I find funny while the D sucks it's funny that Calgary usually gets 30 shots a night on their opponents, and they get 14 on us. I do notice that we usually give up less shots on teams who usually are getting more shots on net in other games against other teams.

MJB Devils23* 01-11-2012 12:54 PM

The Devils will not score a goal tonight.

Bleedred 01-11-2012 12:57 PM

WHAT? HEDBERG!? Why not Kinkaid or Terreri!

Something doesn't sit right with him wanting Hedberg all of the sudden. Not trying to read too much into it or look for a conspiracy theory. Deboer has just been very adamant about starting Marty, and playing him most games, because ''He is our starting Goaltender'' As he has said numerous times.

After Marty's quotes last night it's odd seeing this. Marty played 8 minutes last night, and while Marty's goals personally to me looked easier I think Hedberg could have stopped at least 2 of what he let through. I think it was a good choice to pull Marty. After the 1st one from Bowmeester it seemed like a fluke. Then a couple minutes later the same kind of shot goes through, and that doesn't look good at all.

I personally would have started Hedberg to begin with last night. If we're rotating the Goaltenders on back to back games I'm gonna go with Hedberg last night, because Marty came off a 41 save night where he did lots of work. Hedberg was fresher, because he had a day more of rest than Marty to begin with. I figure if we're rotating them for fatigue reasons due to age or whatever let Hedberg get the first start, and Brodeur the second since Brodeur got the last start, and a busy one at that.

It doesn't matter cause neither played good at all. Marty saved 40% of his shots Moose saved about 44%. I think either of them should be fine to play tonight, because neither of them had much work to do last night.

Actually I ran those figures backwards. Marty gave up 40% of what he faced, Moose gave up 44% of what he faced.

Ronnie Bass 01-11-2012 12:59 PM

Tom Gulitti
Same six defensemen playing for Devils tonight. Janssen in for Palmieri up front

Ugh, looks like we are back to the two goons on the fourth line tonight.

EliasFTW 01-11-2012 12:59 PM

I hope Henrique lights it up tonight and pots 6 points

MJB Devils23* 01-11-2012 12:59 PM

I would go after Nabby is he's available.

slammer 01-11-2012 01:01 PM

1) WIN tonight
2) start 8 game winning streak
3) get points
4) profit
5) good standings

LGD!

GM17* 01-11-2012 01:02 PM

Mysterious injury for Marty, Kinkaid comes up, Hedberg stinks it and gives the kid a chance, Clermont makes Frazee look like a bad dream in Albany, and Wedgewood takes over in 2 years.

-Nostradamus on the Devils

Bleedred 01-11-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boring Trap (Post 42301981)
The Devils will not score a goal tonight.

You don't really think that do you? Anything can happen and they usually respond well to games after beatings like last night.

We just can't afford a blowout beating weekly or even bi weekly. Last night didn't even involve a SHG on our end.

Saugus 01-11-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass (Post 42302145)
Tom Gulitti
Same six defensemen playing for Devils tonight. Janssen in for Palmieri up front

Ugh, looks like we are back to the two goons on the fourth line tonight.

I don't get that. I'm not worried about the Oilers gooning it up, and Palmieri looked good last night.

I wish Foster would sit and Tao could get the call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliasFTW (Post 42302147)
I hope Henrique lights it up tonight and pots 6 points

If the goalies are **** again, we might need him to.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.