HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Canucks added most players to the All-Star Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1078775)

Tank Hankerous* 01-12-2012 11:59 AM

Canucks added most players to the All-Star Game
 
From NHL.com:

"The Vancouver Canucks, who started the day with the best record in the Western Conference, also lead in another category -- most players added to the All-Star Game.

Four members of the Canucks were among the 36 veterans and 12 rookies announced by the NHL for the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game, to be played Jan. 29 in Ottawa.

Players from all 30 teams will be represented at the game, with four members of the Canucks added to the pool of players Thursday -- forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin, defenseman Alexander Edler and forward Cody Hodgson, who was one of the dozen rookies selected to play in the game and the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition, to be held Jan. 28."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=611247:handclap:

kmad 01-12-2012 12:04 PM

Great to see Edler make it.

jimmythescot 01-12-2012 12:06 PM

Glad for Edler to get that recognition. We just have to hope that Chara doesn't take a run at someone.

Our other three representatives don't surprise me.

Stonz 01-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank Hankerous (Post 42346883)
From NHL.com:

"The Vancouver Canucks, who started the day with the best record in the Western Conference, also lead in another category -- most players added to the All-Star Game.

Four members of the Canucks were among the 36 veterans and 12 rookies announced by the NHL for the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game, to be played Jan. 29 in Ottawa.

Players from all 30 teams will be represented at the game, with four members of the Canucks added to the pool of players Thursday -- forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin, defenseman Alexander Edler and forward Cody Hodgson, who was one of the dozen rookies selected to play in the game and the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition, to be held Jan. 28."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=611247:handclap:

Thread title is a little off. Ottawa is sending the most players with 5.

Vancouver had the most players "added" after fan balloting.

Tank Hankerous* 01-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonz (Post 42347407)
Thread title is a little off. Ottawa is sending the most players with 5.

Vancouver had the most players "added" after fan balloting.

Yeah, but we did it without having a rally or having a bunch of nerds sit at their computers voting for hours...

ephmrl 01-12-2012 12:12 PM

Gonna be great for Edler and Hodgson's development to be around a bunch of NHL allstars for a weekend.

Stonz 01-12-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank Hankerous (Post 42347625)
Yeah, but we did it without having a rally or having a bunch of nerds sit at their computers voting for hours...

Granted. However they are sending more players than we are, merited or not.

Not a big thing, just pointing it out.

Trolt 01-12-2012 12:16 PM

allstar appearances hopefully should have an immaterial affect on contract negotiations for edler

Bieksallent 01-12-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolt (Post 42347913)
allstar appearances hopefully should have an immaterial affect on contract negotiations for edler

I'm just hoping he doesn't turn into the Dany "I'm a ****ing all star" Heatley type. Brewing deep beneath that quiet Scandinavian exterior is the makings of an egomaniac!

LiveeviL 01-12-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bieksallent (Post 42349337)
I'm just hoping he doesn't turn into the Dany "I'm a ****ing all star" Heatley type. Brewing deep beneath that quiet Scandinavian exterior is the makings of an egomaniac!

I bet 100:1 that he would not [edit] develop that way.

But yes great for Hodgson and Edler. Edler was the dark horse, but by no way not deserving.

Tank Hankerous* 01-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveeviL (Post 42350255)
I bet 100:1 that he would develop that way.

But yes great for Hodgson and Edler. Edler was the dark horse, but by no way not deserving.

I got a question.

How far does 3.5 mil US go in Ostersund? Is it an expensive area?

SedBurrKesHiggLappy 01-12-2012 01:16 PM

Wow, I'm surprised to see Hodgson on that list.

Wellwood You 01-12-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedBurrKesHiggLappy (Post 42351083)
Wow, I'm surprised to see Hodgson on that list.

12 rookies to be named, Hodgson is 5th in rookie scoring.

Hardly surprising.

LiveeviL 01-12-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank Hankerous (Post 42350325)
I got a question.

How far does 3.5 mil US go in Ostersund? Is it an expensive area?

No it is not very expensive, you would get a very nice and large (say 170m2) house for say 550.000 $. The median income is appr. 5% below the median for Sweden in general, the former is appr. 39.000 $/year. I think the largest income for a single individual last year was appr. 2 mill. $ (then you got some guys who are creative when it comes to taxation and might rank even higher).

thepuckmonster 01-12-2012 01:21 PM

Edler bet get his requisite 14 hrs of sleep while he's there, we need him rested and good to go for the rest of the season.

Good for him though, he deserves some recognition. Great for Cody too, I bet his parents are proud.

Lucbourdon 01-12-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedBurrKesHiggLappy (Post 42351083)
Wow, I'm surprised to see Hodgson on that list.

he is 5th in rookie scoring.

Karl Hungus 01-12-2012 01:24 PM

It's great to see Edler getting some props. I'm most excited for Hodgson though. Somehow I think the experience will be a great boost for his confidence.

VinnyC 01-12-2012 01:26 PM

Knew Eddie would make it. Who knew the Canucks had a future beyond the Sedins?

Now, let's hope Edler doesn't demand 5 years/30 million for being a ****ing All-Star.

parabola 01-12-2012 01:32 PM

Woot a Canuck not named Sedin or Luongo makes an allstar game.

xtr3m 01-12-2012 01:38 PM

@D_Booth7
"Congrats shinook! #rookieallstar"

Scottrockztheworld* 01-12-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 42352003)
Woot a Canuck not named Sedin or Luongo makes an allstar game.

http://www.buydiscountjerseys.com/im...os-500x500.jpg

parabola 01-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3m (Post 42352343)
@D_Booth7
"Congrats shinook! #rookieallstar"

Isn't it Chinook?

Daoust 01-12-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 42354771)
Isn't it Chinook?

Yeah, but he's from Detroit. Cut him some slack.

vadim sharifijanov 01-12-2012 02:50 PM

would have been much happier if it had been bieksa, schneids, and rome that are going with cody, but whatever. it's not like dank and hank haven't weathered the extra travel and exhibition game and been just fine before.

NuxFan09 01-12-2012 03:54 PM

The great thing about this is that it's NOT surprising that the Canucks have 4 guys going. They've got two elite players that are both in the running for the scoring title for the 3rd straight year, a defenseman who is currently tied for 3rd in Dman scoring and a rookie who is a former CHL player of the year and top prospect and is currently 5th in rookie scoring.

They all deserve to be there and aren't there based on anything else. Makes me stop and think when I'm a little tough on the Canucks how lucky I am to be cheering for a team with elite talent everywhere in the lineup.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.