HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   On the Radio: Dean Lombardi on Team 1260 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1078895)

Ziggy Stardust 01-12-2012 02:04 PM

Dean Lombardi on Team 1260
 
http://www.theteam1260.com/index.aspx

It's a taped interview from earlier today that will air soon on the Mark Spector show. He'll issue an apology to the Oilers for how he handled the Smyth trade and will also talk about the trade deadline, Hemsky, Penner and pancakes.

Should be coming on in about 20 minutes.

Telos 01-12-2012 02:18 PM

Thanks Ziggy, should be interesting.

Cruel11 01-12-2012 02:20 PM

I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.

Telos 01-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 42354507)
I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.

Better not. Hell no to Hemsky unless the Oilers are giving him away. MPS would be interesting, but the cost to get him versus the question marks surrounding him is overwhelming.

Ollie Weeks 01-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 42354547)
Better not. Hell no to Hemsky unless the Oilers are giving him away. MPS would be interesting, but the cost to get him versus the question marks surrounding him is overwhelming.

Young D for young forward. I like the idea of Paajarvi waaaay more than Hemsky.

theoil 01-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 42354507)
I hope this doesn't mean that there is a trade coming up.

You mean you think Lombardi only apologizes when he wants something? Because that is how this sounds.

Cruel11 01-12-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoil (Post 42354751)
You mean you think Lombardi only apologizes when he wants something? Because that is how this sounds.

Exactly.

DocWest 01-12-2012 02:30 PM

Keep Hemsky away from us. He's balsa wood

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:37 PM

Does this mean Lombardi was wrong?:sarcasm:

Ollie Weeks 01-12-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 42355415)
Does this mean Lombardi was wrong?:sarcasm:

:laugh: You're smarter than that.

Minor Boarding 01-12-2012 02:40 PM

Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho :)
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and the 6mio$ of cap space we got was usefull to aquire Gagne.

SuperAlmeida 01-12-2012 02:41 PM

The only player (outside of Hall, Eberle, RNH) I would want is Paajarvi. Offer something around Martinez.

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minor Boarding (Post 42355535)
Hehe, Oilers fans incoming...


Who won the Gretzky trade? The Visnovsky trade? The O'Sullivan trade?

You won the Penner trade based on what? That Teubert made the bottom pairing on one of the worst defenses in the league? Klebfom can't make the regular lineup over in Sweden and will at best be a 2nd pairing defensman. You still have a 3rd rounder tho :)
Smyth trade? He wanted home and is going MIA again after December and Fraser has been a fine 4th liner and 6mio$ of cap space we could use to aquire players.

Oiler management is the worst in the league. Bar none.:nod:

Nex06 01-12-2012 02:42 PM

I hope that Oilers trolls will be kept out of this thread.

As for the trade, I will believe that Lombardi is wrong, if he tells us some new facts. If the facts remain the same then it's just him trying to get something from the Oilers.

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:43 PM

Lombardi coming up after the break.

http://www.630ched.com/

Telos 01-12-2012 02:44 PM

I liked the interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Same thing as always, though it seems that Lombardi is a combination of being more reserved about who he trades for next, but also much more flexible in what he is going after. Meaning that he is open to go all out on someone regardless if he is overpaid etc..., but very cautious about which player that might be, "has to be the right fit" that we get told 30 times a year as always :P Sounds like a star winger is the only acceptable return as a serious trade, otherwise it is small deals and depth maneuvers like we have seen in the past like Modin and Halpern. Will be an interesting deadline, hopefully he finds his big fish.

Telos 01-12-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 42355707)
Lombardi coming up after the break.

http://www.630ched.com/

Another one? Lombardi is busy today.

BigBrown 01-12-2012 02:45 PM

After the interview Spector said that the squabbles came from the Penner trade... Pretty sure it was the Smyth trade :)

Minor Boarding 01-12-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 42355613)
Oiler management is the worst in the league. Bar none.:nod:

Back to back worst team in the NHL and on a fine way to finish in the lottery again?
They deserve at least some recognition from the NHL for their special achievement.

;)

Nex06 01-12-2012 02:45 PM

What do I have to click and where? I am waiting for that first one for 20 minutes now. :laugh:

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 42355783)
Another one? Lombardi is busy today.

Yup. He's on right now.

He just apologized.;)

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nex06 (Post 42355827)
What do I have to click and where? I am waiting for that first one for 20 minutes now. :laugh:

http://player.630ched.com/

BigBrown 01-12-2012 02:48 PM

And my impression from the interview, considering how much he emphasized the right fit going into the future, I gotta think Hemsky is not one of Lombardi's preferred targets...

Though I guess we might be desperate enough for some help up front that some deal could be worked out anyway.

Minor Boarding 01-12-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 42355761)
I liked the interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Same thing as always, though it seems that Lombardi is a combination of being more reserved about who he trades for next, but also much more flexible in what he is going after. Meaning that he is open to go all out on someone regardless if he is overpaid etc..., but very cautious about which player that might be, "has to be the right fit" that we get told 30 times a year as always :P Sounds like a star winger is the only acceptable return as a serious trade, otherwise it is small deals and depth maneuvers like we have seen in the past like Modin and Halpern. Will be an interesting deadline, hopefully he finds his big fish.

Agree and this was a classic DL interview.

I am the Liquor 01-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 42355923)
And my impression from the interview, considering how much he emphasized the right fit going into the future, I gotta think Hemsky is not one of Lombardi's preferred targets...

Though I guess we might be desperate enough for some help up front that some deal could be worked out anyway.

Wouldnt surprise me if the deal was already done and the apology was part of it.:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.