HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Watching NHL in Dublin? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1079107)

Kel Varnsen 01-12-2012 07:01 PM

Watching NHL in Dublin?

Figures the semester I study abroad my Rangers start kicking ass. Any chance anyone knows of anywhere that shows any NHL hockey? I'd be eternally grateful if anyone does.

Propane Nightmares 01-13-2012 05:05 AM

No chance, hockey is virtually non-existent in Ireland, you'll have to watch internet streams

AlanHUK 01-13-2012 07:58 AM

Setanta 1 is available in Ireland, it shows games, both live and 'as live'.

Today at 3:30pm they have Habs Bruins(as live). they have Wild, Hawks(As live) on saturday midday, right before the Man United - Bolton game, so I'd assume pubs have that channel so you may be able to get them to put NHL games on for you.

Also Setanta Ireland has Wings Hawks live 5:30pm on Saturday. So on Saturday if you like the premier league you could go to a bar at midday and watch the previous nights hawks game, then man united, then the hawks wings game live.

Propane Nightmares 01-13-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanHUK (Post 42402475)

Today at 3:30pm they have Habs Bruins(as live). they have Wild, Hawks(As live) on saturday midday, right before the Man United - Bolton game, so I'd assume pubs have that channel so you may be able to get them to put NHL games on for you.

Also Setanta Ireland has Wings Hawks live 5:30pm on Saturday. So on Saturday if you like the premier league you could go to a bar at midday and watch the previous nights hawks game, then man united, then the hawks wings game live.

I thought Setanta went bust?

AlanHUK 01-13-2012 07:09 PM

It did in the UK, not in Ireland though

HabsByTheBay 01-16-2012 05:33 AM

Internet streams. As for watching in person, you are probably poop outta luck, though if you are in Dublin you might luck out with some Canadians floating around.

Kel Varnsen 01-16-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanHUK (Post 42402475)

I might have to try that, thanks!

I figured it was a long shot when I posted it originally, but I'd been having some problems with the internet (europe typical) so I'm still hoping I can find some way to see some games on a real TV

AlanHUK 03-01-2012 06:43 PM

did you manage to find a place to watch games?

ILM16 03-22-2012 03:29 PM

Thought of GameCenter? :)