HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Injury Report: Skille, Upshall, Sturm, and Bergy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1079557)

pb1300 01-13-2012 06:20 AM

Skille, Upshall, Sturm, and Bergy

This is just info I have read/heard the past few days:

Skille and Upshall have both been skating, and should be back after the break. Neither have been cleared for contact yet, but I keep reading the word "close," so I assumed after the break.

Sturm hasnt been cleared for contact yet, but he just began skating again, so probably after a return will be after the break as well.

Bergenheim is the mystery here. I havent heard much on him lately, and Id really hope he can make it back shortly after the break, since he looked to be a solid contributor.

We all know Jose should be able to go on Monday, so I didnt add him here.

Im just happy that we will soon get some of these guys back. Im just hoping (knock on wood) that we can stay healthy for the remainder of the regular season, and hopefully, playoffs.

adam graves 01-13-2012 08:47 AM

Twitter and blogs makes me believe skille and upshall might play as soon as next week but it's all so damn cryptic....

Frek 01-13-2012 08:57 AM

I really miss Bergenheim and Skille.

Skille wasn't putting up huge numbers but I'll tell you this. When he's on the ice it sure felt like we were in the offensive zone more than the defensive, same can be said about Bergenheim. Besides we need Bergy back because he's only got 1 goal to go to tie and 2 goals to break the 'Jones' prediction.

LUUUUUIS 01-13-2012 09:43 AM

Per twitter:
@FlaPanthers Bergenheim back on the ice with #FlaPanthers, skating alongside @JackSkille and @ScottieUpshall at morning skate. Theo and Clem in net.

adam graves 01-13-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antiluis (Post 42405911)
Per twitter:
@FlaPanthers Bergenheim back on the ice with #FlaPanthers, skating alongside @JackSkille and @ScottieUpshall at morning skate. Theo and Clem in net.

:):):)

CatscratchFever 01-13-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antiluis (Post 42405911)
Per twitter:

This makes me happy. Bergy need to get warmed up for the playoffs.

adam graves 01-13-2012 11:07 AM

Harvey Fialkov Scottie Upshalls injured abdomen on mend. Could ne on next weeks road trip #flapanthers

CoolburnIsGone 01-13-2012 11:53 AM

I'm trying to figure out who gets replaced in the lineup when these guys start returning. Obviously Repik is getting demoted when one of the guys returns. But who else is going to sit as these guys return...Barch has been playing well and so has Bradley but I guess both of them too but I like their physical play in the lineup. Does someone get traded and how does that mess with team chemistry?

gizmo12688 01-13-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 42411667)
I'm trying to figure out who gets replaced in the lineup when these guys start returning. Obviously Repik is getting demoted when one of the guys returns. But who else is going to sit as these guys return...Barch has been playing well and so has Bradley but I guess both of them too but I like their physical play in the lineup. Does someone get traded and how does that mess with team chemistry?

I could see Santorelli getting traded very soon.

FlaPnthrsPunk 01-13-2012 12:31 PM

So good that they're all close to returning. It will feel like a fresh new team again. I can barely remember the last time we didn't have someone injured. Bergy's return makes me the most excited since he was playing so well prior to the injury and provides a spark that will be useful to hold our ground in 1st in the SE.

Holy Jokinen 01-13-2012 01:26 PM

I saw about a week ago that Bergenheim was expected back after the All Star Break. So seeing him skate now might mean he's a bit ahead of schedule.

I tell you what, i don't really MISS Upshall. As far as i'm concerned, he contributed very very little to our success. Though, i am excited to see if he can turn the page and really come into his game down the stretch once he's healthy. He needs to either contribute offensively, or play a fast-paced, banging type of game. Hopefully he can generate some chemistry with someone on the third/fourth line.

CHGoalie27 01-13-2012 01:31 PM

Bergenheim and Skille and two of the three "=====pushforward>>>>>>>>>" kinda guys that we need for success.

Laus723 01-13-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 42411667)

Feel the same. Upshall is the only one I don't much care about. He didn't do much while healthy, and has been down forever. I'm almost frustrated if Barch loses his spot to him. Seems Barch plays better when he's a regular, almost like he knows he doesn't have to go out there and try too hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 42416641)
I saw about a week ago that Bergenheim was expected back after the All Star Break. So seeing him skate now might mean he's a bit ahead of schedule.

I tell you what, i don't really MISS Upshall. As far as i'm concerned, he contributed very very little to our success. Though, i am excited to see if he can turn the page and really come into his game down the stretch once he's healthy. He needs to either contribute offensively, or play a fast-paced, banging type of game. Hopefully he can generate some chemistry with someone on the third/fourth line.

As I said, I feel the same. Just want Santorelli moved, not sure what we could get or who would go with him, though.

Glad to get Bergenheim and Skille back soon. What do we do with Sturm healthy as well? He played very well while out there.

Erick* 01-13-2012 03:14 PM

Upshall's not going anywhere. That's going to be a tough contract to move right now.

I think he's a pretty good player; he just can't stay healthy. Although he didn't do much here early on, he's still shown an ability to score, and he's not soft. He finishes his checks; I believe he was leading the team in hits before he got injured, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Anyway, he kinda reminds me of Booth. If he can get it going, the secondary scoring would be valuable for sure.

Laus723 01-13-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 42422289)
Upshall's not going anywhere. That's going to be a tough contract to move right now.

I think he's a pretty good player; he just can't stay healthy. Although he didn't do much here early on, he's still shown an ability to score, and he's not soft. He finishes his checks; I believe he was leading the team in hits before he got injured, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Anyway, he kinda reminds me of Booth. If he can get it going, the secondary scoring would be valuable for sure.

I know he's not gonna be going anywhere, just sucks that he was so excited to be here when he signed and he's just not done very much.

PantherboyHTR 01-13-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 42422289)

I feel the same, I think you are right. He was a force physically before being injured. Although we have done a better job picking it up physically since Upshall has been out, you can never have enough toughness.

PantherboyHTR 01-13-2012 09:34 PM

Any word on Markstroms surgury (I thought I heard it was a simple knee scope)?

Timetable on his return?

Dread Clawz 01-13-2012 09:57 PM

Upshall has a history of being a good player, so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He just had a bad start to the season, it happens. I'm definitely happy he's close to returning. If he can contribute with secondary scoring, that's like a trade acquisition right there.

Santorelli will definitely be one of the guys who sits when some of these guys get back. I think Dineen will keep one of Barch or Bradley in the lineup at all times, I've noticed he doesn't like to go without toughness.

Erick* 01-13-2012 10:04 PM

I'm expecting Santorelli to be in the doghouse, as well. He's basically been there all year, but now he's not going to play.

Barch will probably only be in the lineup when we go against a tough team like Boston.

I expect Bradley to play more because I think he's a better player. Not a better fighter, but he can hit, and he's a smart player. Dineen's even been confident enough in him to put him on scoring lines with all the injuries, so I'd expect Bradley to stick more often than not.

Could be good competition. If players are playing terribly, we can healthy scratch them for a game now.

RainingRats 01-13-2012 10:29 PM

If we're all healthy;

Flash Weiss Versteeg
Bergie Matthias Sammy
Upshall Goc Kopecky (upshall and kopecky both play right wing)
Barch/Bradley Madden Skille

Scrathes; Sturm, Santorelli

Dread Clawz 01-13-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 42445367)
If we're all healthy;

Flash Weiss Versteeg
Bergie Matthias Sammy
Upshall Goc Kopecky (upshall and kopecky both play right wing)
Barch/Bradley Madden Skille

Scrathes; Sturm, Santorelli

I just realized from looking at that that if everyone gets healthy and stays that way, which is still a big if, someone is going to get traded. We can't roll with 15 forwards.

RainingRats 01-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 42445665)
I just realized from looking at that that if everyone gets healthy and stays that way, which is still a big if, someone is going to get traded. We can't roll with 15 forwards.

It's going to be Santorelli. He's got no chance at the top 6 and the bottom 6 guys are much better at their roles. I could see the Islanders trading a late pick for him.

LUUUUUIS 01-13-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 42445665)

Santo, without a doubt.

Dread Clawz 01-13-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 42445885)
It's going to be Santorelli. He's got no chance at the top 6 and the bottom 6 guys are much better at their roles. I could see the Islanders trading a late pick for him.

I was going to say the same thing, but who would want Santorelli? I would think the Isles least of all, they should be hoarding picks, not trading them for borderline NHLers. Maybe Skille, everyone thinks Tallon won't trade "his boy", but if it's to improve the team then he will.

RainingRats 01-13-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 42446015)
I was going to say the same thing, but who would want Santorelli? I would think the Isles least of all, they should be hoarding picks, not trading them for borderline NHLers. Maybe Skille, everyone thinks Tallon won't trade "his boy", but if it's to improve the team then he will.

Santo might need a change of scenery. I don't think a 6th round pick has much value. Low risk move, imo. If he gets waived, does he clear? I'm not sure.