HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Video Polak pummels Lapierre (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1079683)

Caballo Blanco 01-13-2012 10:11 AM

Polak pummels Lapierre

Short but good pounding

BoyntBergie 01-13-2012 10:28 AM

Both Lapierre and Subban turtling in the same night, hilarious.

shao01 01-13-2012 10:38 AM

Not surprised LappyAir got pummeled. Didn't someone on HF once said Polak was a beast in the Gyms?

68 01-13-2012 12:07 PM

Lapierre has always been a horrible fighter.

Steve 01-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 (Post 42412429)
Lapierre has always been a horrible fighter.

Not too many people I would like to see get tuned more than this guy

gerhart 01-13-2012 12:26 PM

He hides behind that visor like a true champion.

The Expert 01-13-2012 12:37 PM

Lapierre is just stupid. Why bother standing up for a teammate if you're just going to turtle? gave St. Louis momentum and they scored a goal after, well done Lapierre. :laugh:

Dustermurphystyle 01-13-2012 02:51 PM

Lapierre is a little weasel

whoshouse 01-13-2012 03:02 PM

LaPierre stands up for a teammate even though he knows hes going to get beat up. Good on him. Shows his teammates what sort of team guy he is. Hit was borderline..

Chuck Wagon 01-13-2012 03:14 PM

Love it...have any clips of Burrows ?

CamFan81 01-13-2012 03:32 PM

what no YT ?
http://files.sharenator.com/hurr_dur...662-164244.jpg

Scottrockztheworld* 01-15-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Expert (Post 42413929)
Lapierre is just stupid. Why bother standing up for a teammate if you're just going to turtle? gave St. Louis momentum and they scored a goal after, well done Lapierre. :laugh:

He got beat but I'm glad he stepped in to defend & stand up for a teammate! Why wouldn't you want a player to do so? I'm guessing he didn't realize he was going to be fighting such a good fighter, he just saw his teammate go into the boards & he wanted to back him up.......Or is it just because its Lappy & you have to take shots at him? Gets kinda hard to call him out for not fighting when he has had 6 so far this year.

Diamonddog01 01-15-2012 04:51 PM

So Gagner is a hero for fighting but Lapierre is a turtling weasel, when he's an even worse fighter?

Intoewsables 01-15-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 42539177)
So Gagner is a hero for fighting but Lapierre is a turtling weasel, when he's an even worse fighter?

He's a weasel when he doesn't fight and a turtling weasel when he does. :laugh:

whoshouse 01-15-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 42539177)

Haters Gonna Hate.

Lovin' LaPierre on this team. Brings his all every shift. Has a good scoring touch. Is very responsible defensively and is a good teammate. Above all, he goes beastly in the playoffs.

Kass Effect 01-15-2012 05:28 PM

Its not like Lapierre got hurt... that's why he was smiling. Polak got the advantage in the fight, so Lapierre protected himself. I love how people think he should just stand in there and get punched in the face... newsflash to the hockey world: Lapierre isn't a goon - he is an agitator that can eat up minutes. I guess people are just mad that they can't land any shots on him that hurt. Once you realize that he isn't a talented fighter by any means, you have to respect his willingness to drop the gloves - or you can just continue to be an internet tough-guy...

HooliganX2 01-15-2012 05:32 PM

Polak really isn't a good fighter lol. He's strong as an Ox just lacks most general fighting skills.

BlackNgold 84 01-16-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProspectProphet (Post 42541217)
Its not like Lapierre got hurt... that's why he was smiling. Polak got the advantage in the fight, so Lapierre protected himself. I love how people think he should just stand in there and get punched in the face... newsflash to the hockey world: Lapierre isn't a goon - he is an agitator that can eat up minutes. I guess people are just mad that they can't land any shots on him that hurt. Once you realize that he isn't a talented fighter by any means, you have to respect his willingness to drop the gloves - or you can just continue to be an internet tough-guy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSoul (Post 42539081)
He got beat but I'm glad he stepped in to defend & stand up for a teammate! Why wouldn't you want a player to do so? I'm guessing he didn't realize he was going to be fighting such a good fighter, he just saw his teammate go into the boards & he wanted to back him up.......Or is it just because its Lappy & you have to take shots at him? Gets kinda hard to call him out for not fighting when he has had 6 so far this year.

While he did stand up for a teammate a better showing would've been better. And i'd like to see all of his 6 fights this year.. his "fight" against campbell and this one I would even consider because he either held on threw 1 punch or didn't throw any. I'd hardly call them fights.

topched88 01-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 (Post 42573453)
While he did stand up for a teammate a better showing would've been better. And i'd like to see all of his 6 fights this year.. his "fight" against campbell and this one I would even consider because he either held on threw 1 punch or didn't throw any. I'd hardly call them fights.

I understand what your saying, but if he didnt do anything it would be the same story that they dont have anyone who stands up for their teammates, atleast he stepped up....it seems like hes a hero compared to when things like this happen and our captain gets off the ice and onto the bench as fast as he can:help:

Lilou 01-16-2012 11:42 AM

Not only did he get dummied but he started the fight. Double owned.

BlackNgold 84 01-16-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topched88 (Post 42573783)
I understand what your saying, but if he didnt do anything it would be the same story that they dont have anyone who stands up for their teammates, atleast he stepped up....it seems like hes a hero compared to when things like this happen and our captain gets off the ice and onto the bench as fast as he can:help:

Very true about your captain. I will admit Its hard for me even to give yappy credit for standing up for a teammate which he did. But man he could've had a better performance or at least tie the guy up thats all i'm saying. I'll give him a b for effort.. is that cool :yo:

Krut 01-16-2012 12:29 PM

I'm suprised he managed to actually get his gloves off before turtling this time.

Szechwan 01-16-2012 12:42 PM

I love how everyones so offended by this. He tried to step in for a teammate and quickly realized he was over his head, Polak can be a mean dude.

Anywho, for those that still have trouble understanding this course of actions, see the Alex Bolduc vs. John Scott. Sometimes you just need to know when to quit.

Ranger482 01-16-2012 12:52 PM

Polak is the strongest player on the Blues roster. He rarely fights, but he's the type that when he does I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

overtherainbow 01-16-2012 12:53 PM

It's amazing how some people whine about Lappiere not answering the bell, and when he does they discount it. He works hard, scores some nice goals, and is a great teammate. Use your eyes.