HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Prospect Info: Kitsyn .....did he get fired? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1079719)

Capn Brown 01-13-2012 10:54 AM

Kitsyn .....did he get fired?
 
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=117203

Quote:

* No longer on active roster.

What's the deal? Was he demoted? Does it have something to do with his -15? :(

Nex06 01-13-2012 11:05 AM

The Russians have sent him to one of their minor teams. Poor season is probably the reason, yes.

Capn Brown 01-13-2012 11:16 AM

FWIW, looking at those team stats, it's not Kitsyn but the team he played for.

It's a shame. He did so well in the OHL. :(

Nex06 01-13-2012 11:30 AM

In their MHL affiliate he has played 10 games, has 7 goals, 1 assist and -8.

Capn Brown 01-13-2012 11:30 AM

Hey, he just turned 20 on Christmas Eve.


Any chance we could get him on the Monarchs?

Jason Lewis 01-13-2012 12:07 PM

his mistake. Russia isn't so glorious. He had his spot on Manchester if he stayed.

kingsfan 01-13-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 42412427)
his mistake. Russia isn't so glorious. He had his spot on Manchester if he stayed.

Doesn't he have a contract in Russia that he signed prior to being drafted? I thought I read that and the Russian team allowed him to go to the OHL, but he had to come back after that to play out the rest of his contract. He has this year and next year on it, I believe. Someone else know/confirm that?

From what I recall around the WJC and his time in the O last year, he made a few comments about wanting to come and stay in NA but his contract commitments had to be fulfilled first.

Edit: This was posted in July. Doesn't state the contract, but shows Kitsyn didn't really want to go back: http://lakingsnews.com/2011/07/27/l-...jarrett-stoll/

This article mentions he is "on loan from his Russian team, Novokuznetsk Metallurg" when he played in the OHL last year.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...-heel-to-hero/

Capn Brown 01-13-2012 12:18 PM

He should pull a Malkin & just split.

Sybil227 01-13-2012 12:23 PM

Considering how they're trying to ruin him, I wonder if we can just buy out his Russian contract. Make everyone happy.

Nex06 01-13-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227 (Post 42413171)
Considering how they're trying to ruin him, I wonder if we can just buy out his Russian contract. Make everyone happy.

I wouldn't say they are trying to ruin him. Their system is just more flexible, closer to what Sutter was talking regarding NHL-AHL moves in the past. He wasn't playing that well in the first team, so they sent him to MHL. I believe that if he finds the touch there, he will be recalled.

Whiskeypete 01-13-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 42412587)
Doesn't he have a contract in Russia that he signed prior to being drafted? I thought I read that and the Russian team allowed him to go to the OHL, but he had to come back after that to play out the rest of his contract. He has this year and next year on it, I believe. Someone else know/confirm that?

From what I recall around the WJC and his time in the O last year, he made a few comments about wanting to come and stay in NA but his contract commitments had to be fulfilled first.

Edit: This was posted in July. Doesn't state the contract, but shows Kitsyn didn't really want to go back: http://lakingsnews.com/2011/07/27/l-...jarrett-stoll/

This article mentions he is "on loan from his Russian team, Novokuznetsk Metallurg" when he played in the OHL last year.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...-heel-to-hero/

you are the right track K. i don't recall the exact situation either, but what you spell out seems to be right. i think his commitment in the KHL is for this season and next. i know his stay here with Miss(sp?) was a 'loaner' type situation. at least that's how it was being discussed last year after the WJC

johnjm22 01-13-2012 01:16 PM

I never understood the fascination with this kid.

Telos 01-13-2012 01:33 PM

The multi-year contract was a mistake on his part. Spending next season in the KHL as well is going to be a detriment to his development. Shouldn't have left North America.

Ollie Weeks 01-13-2012 01:47 PM

Moller, Holloway, Kitsyn....seems like most of our young offensive potential is off gallivanting in Europe, with their return up in their air.

Nex06 01-13-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 42417043)
The multi-year contract was a mistake on his part. Spending next season in the KHL as well is going to be a detriment to his development. Shouldn't have left North America.

If he actually spends it in KHL, he is going to be just fine as a hockey player. If he spends it in MHL or VHL, than it's better if Kings arrange move to AHL.

tigermask48 01-13-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 42416115)
I never understood the fascination with this kid.

What's not to like? Late round pick with good hands, a solid shot, goes to the scoring areas, has size, and was once a very highly touted prospect a few years ago. Has "late bloomer" written all over him in my eyes.
Oh, and lets not forget he "scores zeh goals" and looks remarkably like Ivan Drago from the Rocky movies...

Kingsfan the article you're looking for is (I think) from the Mississuaga News. It might have been the Toronto Sun or Star, but I'm pretty sure it was from the News talking about Kitsyn joining the team after the WJCs that year.

Edit: Found the article.

http://www.mississauga.com/sports/ar...get-for-double

Quote:

This season he was playing with Novokuznetsk Metallurg, in his home town, a team near the bottom of the Russian league. With that team’s season likely to be over in February, the Kings and his Russian team agreed to allow him to come to Canada, feeling it would help his development to play longer into the season. He is under contract to play in Russia for the next two seasons.

kingsfan 01-13-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 42417043)
The multi-year contract was a mistake on his part. Spending next season in the KHL as well is going to be a detriment to his development. Shouldn't have left North America.

As was posted above, he was likely on loan and as such it wasn't his choice to leave. The contract was signed prior to him being drafted or shortly after IIRC.

tigermask48 01-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 42421929)
As was posted above, he was likely on loan and as such it wasn't his choice to leave. The contract was signed prior to him being drafted or shortly after IIRC.

It was before the draft. After losing Malkin, Voinov, Loki, and a few others teams in the KHL started signing younger players to 5-6 year contracts when they were 16-17 years old to try and hang onto them for longer and alot of the younger kids not knowing any better signed them.

kingsfan 01-13-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 42422147)
It was before the draft. After losing Malkin, Voinov, Loki, and a few others teams in the KHL started signing younger players to 5-6 year contracts when they were 16-17 years old to try and hang onto them for longer and alot of the younger kids not knowing any better signed them.

It's not even not knowing any better. They really only have one junior circuit to go play in. If they don't sign, they don't play, so it's almost a forced thing.

It'd be like if the CHL here refused to let players play unless they signed a long-term contract to play there and with a parent club until the kid was 21 or 22.

Sybil227 01-13-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nex06 (Post 42414309)
I wouldn't say they are trying to ruin him. Their system is just more flexible, closer to what Sutter was talking regarding NHL-AHL moves in the past. He wasn't playing that well in the first team, so they sent him to MHL. I believe that if he finds the touch there, he will be recalled.

Sorry - the 'trying to ruin him' was a bit of journalistic license on my part to express a bit of frustration with his Russian team.
I meant that his situation over there obviously isn't helping his development toward the NHL - and he apparently isn't a big part of his Russian club's plans. So the question still stands - can't we buy out his Russian contract?

cnshockey 01-13-2012 05:55 PM

I'm pretty sure his team is like one of the worst in the league and I also believe he had 2 years left on his deal with said team that he intended on fulfilling. I have no problem with him being there. Monarchs already have 16 forwards apparently and we've seen what he could do on NA ice at the WJC and in his time in Missisauga. Plus, do you really think he was going to make the team in these next 2 years anyways?

Random fact but I just found out that one of my old teammates is playing in the MHL too. He actually was with the KHL team and just sent down so he can get more game action so maybe I should ask him what he thinks of Kitsyn if they play each other.

Tonellisghost 01-13-2012 06:09 PM

I have written a ton about Max as well as a few interviews. If you don't think MK has real game then you haven't seen him play. The kid is the real deal. Never gonna be a 30 goal scorer but he plays hard nosed hockey and has good speed as well as that Russian ability to dog the puck better than most of his counterparts. In Feb I am heading to EU and will be seeing MK. If I have time I will post my talk with him.

Whiskeypete 01-13-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 42429473)
In Feb I am heading to EU and will be seeing MK. If I have time I will post my talk with him.

IF? you better make it happen mister, or we will deny you back at customs. JK

max is one of the kids that I am excited to see get to MAN, so we can begin to see what he's got. the few vids and the WJC I have seen of him he looks really good. he has some intangibles that are difficult to describe that many current guys in LA dont possess. his on ice 'sense' I think is great for a kid of his age

Nex06 01-13-2012 07:00 PM

He must get better games next season however, it's important for his NHL future. Those players are very skilled and fast, but they are not physical enough and they are small. I'm watching tons of KHL hockey and there is so much hooking and dirty (stupid) stick penalties, it really amazes me how are they being trained.

I checked top 10 scorers and their heights in couple of leagues:

MHL
1x 5.11"
1x 5.10"
8x lower

OHL
2x 6.02"
2x 6.00"
3x 5.11"
2x 5.10"
1x lower

WHL
1x 6.03"
1x 6.01"
3x 6.00"
2x 5.11"
2x 5.10"
1x lower

QMJHL
1x 6.04"
1x 6.02"
1x 6.01"
2x 5.11"
3x 5.10"
2x lower


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.