HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Anyone else find Dave Gross annoying? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1080847)

the doctor 01-14-2012 05:57 PM

Anyone else find Dave Gross annoying?

I'm looking for a reality check here to see if it's just me. Back when he had a regular show on The Team in the morning I very much disliked him, I was pleased when he was removed. He showed up this year on the pre and post game shows. I've tried hard to give him a second chance but I just can't listen. It's not that he has an offensive persona, there are much worse, there is just zero substance.

Am I alone, am I not seeing it?

One Gun Mitty 01-14-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the doctor (Post 42484047)
I'm looking for a reality check here to see if it's just me. Back when he had a regular show on The Team in the morning I very much disliked him, I was pleased when he was removed. He showed up this year on the pre and post game shows. I've tried hard to give him a second chance but I just can't listen. It's not that he has an offensive persona, there are much worse, there is just zero substance.

Am I alone, am I not seeing it?

You're not alone.

TURD1200 recycles the garbage once again.

Stylizer1 01-14-2012 06:57 PM

I don't think he is that bad. Can't say he stands out.

Now Kulka and that other retard.......Gross is a God.

WasTeD 01-14-2012 07:25 PM

They just employ people with such general hockey knowledge. You could give 3 guys who post here a hockey show and you'd get way more substance.

Icelevel 01-14-2012 09:16 PM

i love the guy. sounds like scott macarthur too. :laugh:

Stylizer1 01-14-2012 09:23 PM

I like his voice.

Icelevel 01-14-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil (Post 42491607)
They just employ people with such general hockey knowledge. You could give 3 guys who post here a hockey show and you'd get way more substance.

that might be true about guys like donovan, but i don't get what is wrong with gross at all as the host. i think he's perfect.

WasTeD 01-14-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWP (Post 42504217)
that might be true about guys like donovan, but i don't get what is wrong with gross at all as the host. i think he's perfect.

I mean the station in general. I dont really have much of an opinion about Gross, I just figured this would be a good a thread as any to post that in lol.

coladin 01-14-2012 10:34 PM

He's fine in my books. As long as people are talking hockey, whether it is him, Versage, AJ, etc...I don't care and honestly, I don't see why people care so much. It is hockey talk.

pepty 01-15-2012 04:34 PM

I don't care for Gross either, seems like a windbag, though I like most of the rest in the pre and post game show now especially the guy,Murray somebody or other, who I gather,used to call the games for the Habs.

Legend Killer 01-15-2012 04:54 PM

I used to really like Gross's show with Galley in the afternoon's and was looking forward to him doing the odd PGS....

I have been I find him annoying...He tries to insert a one-liners and witty comments every 2nd or 3rd sentence....They usually come off bad and draw 0 reaction from other guests/Bob McKenzie....

I really enjoy Jakubec...find he does it with more enthusiasm....Also enjoy Murray Wilson/Shean Donovan....Todd White isnt that bad either....Not a Van Allen fan tho

sens1999 09-20-2013 11:49 AM

Is it just me or does it appear that the TEAM 1200 has come to their senses again and let him go....for a second time.

I don't think that he has been on the air for a few weeks now.

armani 09-20-2013 12:07 PM

He's gross!

Spire2000 09-20-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sens1999 (Post 71334935)
Is it just me or does it appear that the TEAM 1200 has come to their senses again and let him go....for a second time.

I don't think that he has been on the air for a few weeks now.

This was addressed and answered in the Ottawa Sports Radio thread floating around a page or two down.