HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The next 10 points (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1082837)

wadesworld 01-17-2012 10:13 AM

The next 10 points

So, we've got the Rangers tonight and then 2 games each with the BlueJackets and Blackhawks.

What's your prediction on how many points we get? How many will satisfy you?

I predict we'll get 6 points, and I'll be satisfied with that. I'd love to get 8 or more, but it'd be nearly impossible to win 4 or 5 against these teams.

ThirdManIn 01-17-2012 10:20 AM

I think we can get at least six. I'd be ok with that. Being satisfied is going to depend on other teams

PredsV82 01-17-2012 11:09 AM

with two games against the jackets 6 would be the minimum acceptable for this run.

we are getting into "fish or cut bait" time as far as catching Chicago, Detroit and St Louis...

would be z gret time to break franchise tradition... to my knowledge when we have been in a position to overtake detroit or chicago by beating them head to head, we never seem to be able to do it...

NoNecksCurse 01-17-2012 12:00 PM

has anyone seen our schedule towards the end? BRUTAL!!

Teekko 01-17-2012 12:01 PM

Im feeling 8 points

ThirdManIn 01-17-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 42625581)
has anyone seen our schedule towards the end? BRUTAL!!

http://predators.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

It's tough, but it's a good challenge. If we can stay in a play off spot after that I think we will be having an interesting late-Spring/early-Summer

Viqsi 01-17-2012 02:14 PM

Six seems reasonable to me. That even allows a chance for my Jackets to deliver another shocker. ;)

(please let me dream, it's all I've got left...)

BigFatCat999 01-17-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 42631977)
(please let me dream, it's all I've got left...)

You dream in nightmares?

Drake744 01-17-2012 05:22 PM

Gotta get four points in the Columbus games. I think we will lose tonight and one against Chicago, so....six

wadesworld 01-24-2012 10:46 PM

Survey says....8 points, plus a game against the Rangers that was in reality, a 1-goal game.

Wow....Preds get an A for that 5 game stretch.

kypredsfan 01-24-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 43076705)
Survey says....8 points, plus a game against the Rangers that was in reality, a 1-goal game.

Wow....Preds get an A for that 5 game stretch.

Man I would love another shot at the Rangers with Rinne & Suter in this time.

NoNecksCurse 01-25-2012 02:03 AM

great job preds!! heck of a run lately! enjoy the week off and lets dominate the 2nd half !!

torero 01-25-2012 05:54 AM

They are really impressive !! the least we can say.

in points they tie for the 3rd place in the conference ... with how much salarie ??

with a 9-1-0 in the last 10 ? and the loss being a **** loss !

:bow: :nashville

all this thanks to josi ! ;)

Shea Weber 01-25-2012 12:36 PM

8!

18-5 run heading into the break. Woooooooooo!

token grinder 01-25-2012 12:59 PM

fire trotz

BluesRiver 01-25-2012 01:07 PM

Blues fan here in peace! I am a pretty big Predators fan also and love this horse race between the top four Central Division teams.

Congratulations on getting ahead of the Blackhawks in the standings at 50 games-played apiece.

This is quite exciting!! The next 10 points for ALL of us are extremely important.

Good luck rest of season.

utmfisher19 01-25-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 43100025)
fire trotz

I'm actually AFRAID of all of this winning... Why?

Because now everyone on these boards (and most of the fan-base) thinks we should win 18 out of every 23 games (even though it occurred through the easiest part of our schedule). Everyone seems to be confident of this team, even though they are playing a little above their heads right now. When we go through the toughest part of our schedule (the ENTIRE month of February) and end up 5-6-2 on the other side (which I would be happy with, btw); everyone will start freaking out saying we should have made a trade a month ago, that we knew we needed scoring, that there is no way Weber and Suter sign here, and that Trotz should be fired.

Just wait...

wadesworld 01-25-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utmfisher19 (Post 43102075)

Because now everyone on these boards (and most of the fan-base) thinks we should win 18 out of every 23 games (even though it occurred through the easiest part of our schedule). Everyone seems to be confident of this team, even though they are playing a little above their heads right now. When we go through the toughest part of our schedule (the ENTIRE month of February) and end up 5-6-2 on the other side (which I would be happy with, btw); everyone will start freaking out saying we should have made a trade a month ago, that we knew we needed scoring, that there is no way Weber and Suter sign here, and that Trotz should be fired.

Just wait...

Well, people keep saying that we should quit putting the likes of Detroit and Chicago in a different class. We're there and we can play with anyone.

If that's true, then we should be able to win at an equivalent pace. Maybe not 18 of 23, but still near the top of the division. Time will tell if it's true or not.

101st_fan 01-25-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utmfisher19 (Post 43102075)

Just wait...

I'm not afraid of the rate we're winning, but, I am expecting the same backlash around here that you are once the team returns to a more reasonable winning percentage. December's scoring is much more realistically sustainable than the over three goals per game we've seen for January.

The team is doing exactly what it needs to do ... beat the lesser teams, put itself in position to win the games of comparable teams, and competing hard with the "better" teams.

Shea Weber 01-25-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 43100025)
fire trotz

:) :)