HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Proposal: Ales Hemsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1082999)

ziggy7716 01-17-2012 01:41 PM

Ales Hemsky

It's widely speculated that the Oilers will trade Hemsky before/at the deadline this year as he is a UFA on July 1st. If Snow could acquire him and try to sign him to a extension I would be all for it. Let's face it, Snow isn't going to sign anyone, let alone someone of Hemsky's talent this summer, so if they were able to trade for him and then sign him to a extension I think it would be a great move. The Oilers like us, are looking for defensemen so I would imagine we could offer Calvin De Haan as part of the package. With De Haan's history of shoulder problems I wouldn't be all that troubled with parting with him considering we have Donovan, Ness, Mayfield and Pedan all in the pipelines. I am thinking something along the lines of De Haan, Bailey or Nielsen and a 2nd for Ales Hemsky. We have Nelson, Cizikas and Strome all in the system who are all centers, I think the team will eventually have to move one of them to make room, so with Nielsen being a UFA and Bailey still underachieving those are probably the 2 likely to go, If the team decided to move a center.

Now I doubt Snow would trade for Hemsky, as it seems he doesn't know that a trade actually is these days anymore, but I don't think it would be a bad idea. He would bring secondary scoring something this team needs badly. He has been injury prone, but if you look at his numbers when he has played he's been pretty much a PPG player, except for this season thus far.

(assuming it was Nielsen who got dealt instead of Bailey)

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Bailey-Hemsky

Not a bad top 6..

Thoughts?

Otto91 01-17-2012 01:48 PM

Why would we deal for a UFA that will walk in the summer??????:shakehead

blitzkriegs 01-17-2012 01:50 PM

Beyond the UFA-extension mantra, Isles need JAM, not a Hemsky-style player. Look at the teams in NYI's division. Adding Hemsky-types just means NYI continue to get plastered.

Fantom 01-17-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy7716 (Post 42630289)
It's widely speculated that the Oilers will trade Hemsky before/at the deadline this year as he is a UFA on July 1st. If Snow could acquire him and try to sign him to a extension I would be all for it. Let's face it, Snow isn't going to sign anyone, let alone someone of Hemsky's talent this summer, so if they were able to trade for him and then sign him to a extension I think it would be a great move. The Oilers like us, are looking for defensemen so I would imagine we could offer Calvin De Haan as part of the package. With De Haan's history of shoulder problems I wouldn't be all that troubled with parting with him considering we have Donovan, Ness, Mayfield and Pedan all in the pipelines. I am thinking something along the lines of De Haan, Bailey or Nielsen and a 2nd for Ales Hemsky. We have Nelson, Cizikas and Strome all in the system who are all centers, I think the team will eventually have to move one of them to make room, so with Nielsen being a UFA and Bailey still underachieving those are probably the 2 likely to go, If the team decided to move a center.

Now I doubt Snow would trade for Hemsky, as it seems he doesn't know that a trade actually is these days anymore, but I don't think it would be a bad idea. He would bring secondary scoring something this team needs badly. He has been injury prone, but if you look at his numbers when he has played he's been pretty much a PPG player, except for this season thus far.

(assuming it was Nielsen who got dealt instead of Bailey)

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Bailey-Hemsky

Not a bad top 6..

Thoughts?

So trade one of top D prospects for a UFA ?
ummmm why ?

ziggy7716 01-17-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 42630803)
So trade one of top D prospects for a UFA ?
ummmm why ?

Because we need Secondary scoring. Have you not seen that 3 guys pretty much do all of the teams scoring?

Calvin De Haan's shoulder is practically as fragile as DP's hips and knees, plus I named a bunch of other young D prospects we have in the system. I don't think parting with De Haan would be all that bad.

Also to be fair, Hemsky isn't exactly Zach Parise or Illya Kovalchuk high profile guy. I am sure if the Islanders acquired Hemsky and then offered him a good amount of money he would take it.

I understand he is a UFA but this is the type of risk the team needs to make to try to get some other top talent here.

PWJunior 01-17-2012 02:32 PM

I'd rather pass on Hemsky. The guy is a walking injury and we have enough of those on this team.

Brunomics 01-17-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 42632935)
I'd rather pass on Hemsky. The guy is a walking injury and we have enough of those on this team.

This, the guy is literally made of glass and this is a very physical atlantic division. He'd be the new Radek Martinek.

Otto91 01-17-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy7716 (Post 42631527)
Because we need Secondary scoring. Have you not seen that 3 guys pretty much do all of the teams scoring?

Calvin De Haan's shoulder is practically as fragile as DP's hips and knees, plus I named a bunch of other young D prospects we have in the system. I don't think parting with De Haan would be all that bad.

Also to be fair, Hemsky isn't exactly Zach Parise or Illya Kovalchuk high profile guy. I am sure if the Islanders acquired Hemsky and then offered him a good amount of money he would take it.

I understand he is a UFA but this is the type of risk the team needs to make to try to get some other top talent here.

Sorry:shakehead But Have to Strongly disagree...an out of the playoff team has no business dealing for a UFA that will walk in the summer....

If we are dealing for a player he better be under contract for the next season

PWJunior 01-17-2012 02:49 PM

One more thing to add about Hemsky...

I was watching an Edmonton game not too long ago and they had a one goal lead late in the 3rd period. Hemsky had a chance to negate an icing with about 20 seconds left in the game. He had at least a step or two on the defenseman and he pulled up 5 feet from the puck - it looked to me like he didn't want to get hit. He was completely gassed, but that is no excuse for what he did. No heart in addition to his glass body. No thanks.

leaponover 01-17-2012 04:13 PM

NO WAY on Hemsky with what you put down. I could see a 3rd round draft pick and that's about it. He is NOT that good. I should know he's on my fantasy league and he's killing me. He's injury prone. He is in and out of Oils second line down to third and sometimes doesn't even see powerplay time. He is not as good and Bailey DeHaan and a second? Are you off your rocker? No way is he even close to worth that.

Isles72 01-17-2012 04:29 PM

I'd honestly prefer Parenteau over Hemsky

Richie Daggers Crime 01-17-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy7716 (Post 42631527)
Calvin De Haan's shoulder is practically as fragile as DP's hips and knees,

Hemsky is one of the most injury prone players in the league.