HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ben Maxwell Scored For The Ice Caps Tonight (formerly the BELIEVE thread) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1083051)

Coldplay 01-17-2012 02:30 PM

Ben Maxwell Scored For The Ice Caps Tonight (formerly the BELIEVE thread)

There we go.

This is for those of you who want to post about positive discussion towards making the postseason and who are against any sort of tanking/losing. Seems like the latter was lost on some posters in the other thread.

Maybe they'll get the picture now. Maybe.

--

4 out of the next 5 games are 4-pointers. Big points are at stake, but I'm confident that if we take at least 3 of those, we can really make some noise.

GO HABS GO! :yo:

Andy 01-17-2012 02:34 PM

Can mods be strict with this one? I hate people coming in here to be sarcastic about being positive, it's borderline trolling.

Lars Mon Amour 01-17-2012 02:34 PM

There's another positive thread, but hey...
GO HABS GO! :yo:

We should put that song after the Habs goal but instead of Television, we put HABS RULES THE NATION! :yo:

Coldplay 01-17-2012 02:35 PM

llamateizer 01-17-2012 02:43 PM

Oh yeah!
big game tomorrow!

Coldplay 01-17-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewBACHa (Post 42633461)
Oh yeah!
big game tomorrow!

Sunday was a momentum-building win. We need to keep it going.

hototogisu 01-17-2012 02:49 PM

I don't have a problem with letting both threads stay open, but I'd encourage people to use both their ignore lists and the report function to keep threads clean. Or shoot a PM to one of the mods, there's usually one of us around.

overlords 01-17-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 42633759)
I don't have a problem with letting both threads stay open, but I'd encourage people to use both their ignore lists and the report function to keep threads clean. Or shoot a PM to one of the mods, there's usually one of us around.

The report function? What's that?

Lars Mon Amour 01-17-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 42633817)

You forgot the ":sarcasm:".

76ftw 01-17-2012 02:52 PM

Yeah buddy! Still believing and have been since day 1. Go Habs Go!

hototogisu 01-17-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 42633817)

I guess I'll outline it for everybody, because some people might not be aware:

When you click on overlords' name and then hit "Send a private message to overlords", that's the report function.

Please, use it aggressively and with great vigilence.

overlords 01-17-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 42633957)
I guess I'll outline it for everybody, because some people might not be aware:

When you click on overlords' name and then hit "Send a private message to overlords", that's the report function.

Please, use it aggressively and with great vigilence.

Inbox is full. :handclap:

Coldplay 01-17-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 42634171)
Inbox is full. :handclap:

Man, aren't you two the funny bunch today. ;)

Joe Malone 01-17-2012 02:59 PM

I believe.

I've never once given up on the habs, not in 46 years of watching em. Stay with em, through thick and thin. Fan is short for fanatic, and fanatics don't quit. Quitters quit, tankers quit, losers quit.

Posters on this board can quit/tank all they want. The Habs' players haven't quit.

Go Habs Go!!

Lafleurs Guy 01-17-2012 03:00 PM

As I said in the other thread, we can still make the playoffs. The teams we're chasing aren't that good.

Miller Time 01-17-2012 03:04 PM

April = Playoff hockey...

I HATE April without the habs playing (may & june for that matter).

GO HABS GO!!!

Coldplay 01-17-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time (Post 42634507)
April = Playoff hockey...

I HATE April without the habs playing (may & june for that matter).

GO HABS GO!!!

That's the spirit! ;)

habsjunkie2* 01-17-2012 03:08 PM

Go Habs go!!!

chaosrevolver 01-17-2012 03:09 PM

WOO GO HABS!

Joe Malone 01-17-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddyjack (Post 42634677)
I'm not sarcastic. I'm not a hater. But here are the facts:

Aim: 94 pts
Current: 42 in 45 games
Games left: 37
Numbers of win needed: 26
% needed: .702

Really I wish I was positive. I really do. I have the Habs tattoed on my chest for the past 35 years. But I just can't this time :cry: What we need is a miracle... so let's pray right now!!!!!

Fact: 8 points out of a playoff spot with 37 games remaining.

8 points to make up in 37 games.

Hello.

llamateizer 01-17-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddyjack (Post 42634677)
I'm not sarcastic. I'm not a hater. But here are the facts:

Aim: 94 pts
Current: 42 in 45 games
Games left: 37
Numbers of win needed: 26
% needed: .702

Really I wish I was positive. I really do. I have the Habs tattoed on my chest for the past 35 years. But I just can't this time :cry: What we need is a miracle... so let's pray right now!!!!!

dont see it like this ;)

6 NEW JERSEY ATL 44 52 (1-1)
7 WASHINGTON SE 43 50 (2-2)
8 PITTSBURGH ATL 44 50 (1-1)
9 TORONTO NE 44 49 (2-2)
10 WINNIPEG SE 45 47 (0-1)
11 BUFFALO NE 45 43 (1-3)
12 MONTRÉAL NE 45 42

this is actual standing. (home-away) . so we still have 4 games left against WSH (2 home- 2 away).

The habs have their destiny in hand.
half of their games are against teams seeded 6-11

1-5 8 games
6-11 17 games
13-15 6 games
west 6 games

JSBach 01-17-2012 03:32 PM

But what if playoff hockey isn't what's best for the team? Maybe going one or two years without the playoffs will give us the opportunity to change the philosophy that hasn't worked outside of a couple of anomalous circumstances, and clean the organization of the cancers that are weighing it down. I don't want my team to have "sugar spike" playoff runs and then be putrid for the next few years, I want my team to be like the Bruins or Wings: built to succeed for a long time. And this is a positive post, but it's about working for the future. Working for the present or the near future can be destructive to the future in the long run.

P.S. I'm not claiming that we should consciously tank per se, but that losing isn't always such a bad thing. We're not like the Sabres in the sense that we came in with the highest of expectations, we're just a team that is going through one of its inevitable losing phases. Just please, please, please, please don't do anything that has any chance of coming back to seriously haunt us in the future just to squeeze into the 6th-8th seed. This isn't our year.

That Habs Fan 01-17-2012 03:35 PM

If those of us in the positive camp want our own avatars, I can work something up tonight.

These 'but can he fight?' ones haven't brought us much luck.

I'm thinking something like Yes We Can-adiens or something...?

Tendresse 01-17-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fall of Troy (Post 42635607)
But what if playoff hockey isn't what's best for the team? Maybe going one or two years without the playoffs will give us the opportunity to change the philosophy that hasn't worked outside of a couple of anomalous circumstances, and clean the organization of the cancers that are weighing it down. I don't want my team to have "sugar spike" playoff runs and then be ****** for the next few years, I want my team to be like the Bruins or Wings: built to succeed for a long time. And this is a positive post, but it's about working for the future. Being content with the present can be destructive to the future.

P.S. I'm not claiming that we should consciously tank per se, but that losing isn't always such a bad thing. We're not like the Sabres in the sense that we came in with the highest of expectations, we're just a team that is going through one of its inevitable losing phases.

If we're good enough to make the playoffs this year (considering the massive gap between us and spot #8), honestly, I like our odds. I mean, we obviously won't make the playoffs if the team plays the way it has played so far. Making the playoff implies we'll have had a 30ish game hot streak, and if this streak is still going comes the end of the season, anything can happen.

JSBach 01-17-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tendresse (Post 42635805)
If we're good enough to make the playoffs this year (considering the massive gap between us and spot #8), honestly, I like our odds. I mean, we obviously won't make the playoffs if the team plays the way it has played so far. Making the playoff implies we'll have had a 30ish game hot streak, and if this streak is still going comes the end of the season, anything can happen.

It is pretty to think that anything can happen, and anything technically can happen, but unless Price channels his inner-Roy against the B's or Rags, excuse me for feeling a bit pessimistic.