HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIV (Evaluation: We need NHL players) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1083835)

Oilbleeder 01-18-2012 10:42 AM

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIV (Evaluation: We need NHL players)
 
Last few posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by notloilersfan (Post 42682993)
I don't want Subban. Plain and simple. I think he's a cancer in the locker-room, and brutal defensively, and I don't think he's coachable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster (Post 42683049)
Paajarvi, Horcoff, Gilbert
for
Subban, Gomez

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubledown99 (Post 42683231)
I think

Paarjarvi
for
Subban

is close. We might need to add a draft pick (2nd?) or player. For those that don't want Subban because of his perceived locker room behavior.......nobody really knows the truth. Price and Subban are best friends. I think the older more established players are the ones that clash with Subban. On the Oilers I don't think we have to worry about our veterans and Subban (lol).

The one thing Subban adds is a puck mover which we desperately need. Our defense can't make a pass on the tape to our forwards to save there life. Plus Subban and Eberle seemed to get along during the WJC. And they definitely had a killer powerplay (obviously having Hodgson and Tavares was a big reason). But Subban fits our age profile and needs big time. Plus his agitating ways would definitely be nice on this team. We haven't had one in a long time. The last one I remember is Marchment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge (Post 42683247)
Definitely not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaedrusDH (Post 42683959)
sorry, i meant Bernier. Quick may be the more available of the two though, given LA's cap situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkeep (Post 42683983)
Edmonton would get screwed over with this one, just as bad as the one on the general area Aulie for Smyth.:facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 42684121)
That's not bad, but giving up Gilbert would be counter productive, imo, as he and Smid have emerged as top-4 defensemen on this team.

Maybe something like.

PRV, Horcoff and Chorney
for
Subban, Gomez and 4th

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers92 (Post 42685823)
subban comes across as a bit of a punk but if hes the best out there i would rather play him then a bunch of nice guys who can't win

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 42686229)
If they take Bulin and it's not going to cost us much more than yes I have interest, but even then it's not a whole lot of interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 42686295)
That's kinda how I saw it while listening to the panel on sportsnet. Kinda a Cammy 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 (Post 42686627)
Imagine an Ales Hemsky for Ryan Miller trade!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKSpecialist (Post 42686821)
I have been trying to use the trade calculator to figure out a few deals that make sense not just for the Oilers, but for their trading partner as well.

I believe that a deal with the Leafs centred around Khabibulin for Gustavsson and Aulie. Toronto is deep at defense, and with the health concerns surrounding Reimer, I believe they will look to add a veteran option to lead them to the playoffs. There would obviously need to be other parts added, but I think this deal could help both clubs.

I also see the Rangers or Red Wings as a good trade partner for Ales Hemsky's service. It would be tough to fit Hemsky under the cap in NY, but they have an NHL ready d-man in Tim Erixon that would look good with the Oilers youth movement. Brendan Smith would be my target from the Wings, and they have a good deal of cap space to work with, so if they are willing to deal Smith(which is debateable) they make good trade partners.

Adding Keith Aulie and Tim Erixon/Brendan Smith at the deadline this year would certainly help to give this team a more promising outlook on defense moving forward. Gustavsson would have an opportunity to be our number one. He is still young enough to have a future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 42687095)
I'd assume the Oilers wouldn't even think about Erixon considering he wouldn't sign in CGY and demanded a trade to NYR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerfish (Post 42687287)
Horcoff to Montreal
Gomez and a 1st round pick to Edmonton. ;)


Oilbleeder 01-18-2012 10:43 AM

Here is the last few rumors we were discussing:

- According to Marinaro on The Team 990 in Montreal the Habs are willing to trade PK Subban.

- Ryan Miller may be on the block as per SN

- and just recently, Lebrun has said Hemsky is on Det's radar and they have been scouting him. As per thread on trade board.

joestevens29 01-18-2012 10:44 AM

The lebrun part

Part of the weekly chat with Lebrun.

Sergei (Madison, WI)



Sometimes, when someone asks you about a possible trade by Detroit, I hear you mention Hemsky and I want to know why? I don't see him fitting anywhere on the offense! He is not good enough to be in the top six, our checking line is great, so, where? Third line? Then who's the odd man out and why? The only player on the Wings I'm not thrilled about is Ericsson on defense, and that's where Sutter will hopefully come in.

Pierre LeBrun
(11:27 AM)



All I can tell you is that the Wings have scouted him closely. A Wings source confirmed to me he is on their radar. Doesn't mean they'll actually go through with it _ especially not if Edmonton asks for too much _ but Hemsky is of interest to Detroit


http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-pierre-lebrun

Groucho 01-18-2012 10:50 AM

How awesome would it be if Hemsky could get us a semi young puck mover...

doulos 01-18-2012 10:52 AM

If Detroit is scouting Ales then I take that as a clear sign to lock him up longterm!

joestevens29 01-18-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 42688495)
How awesome would it be if Hemsky could get us a semi young puck mover...

It would sure be nice.

Anyone catch this comment from ON or from Stauffer's show for that matter?

Did anybody hear Ol' Radio Bob today? He answered an email about signing Sutton, and was giving hints about a trade might negate the need for Sutton next year.

Mr Sakich 01-18-2012 10:59 AM

in the summary thread, joestevens talked about his lack of interest in Erixon because he demanded a trade out of Calgary. IMO, Erixon is a viable option depsite what happened. Here are more facts about his trade demand.

Erixon was drafted by a team absolutely loaded with long term guaranteed contracts. Last summer, the Flames had Giordano, Regher, Bowmeister signed long term. Carson and Brodie were both ahead of him in developmet. Sarich had an untradebale contract.

It would have been 2-3 years before an opportunity was open to him and the Flames don't have a good track record of developing defencemen. It was his contractual right to re-enter the draft even if it meant getting drafted lower and making less money this year. He made a smart choice by pursuing that option.

IMO, he is the right age / skill set to be a priority target for us. I like his game.

ponokanocker 01-18-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos (Post 42688599)
If Detroit is scouting Ales then I take that as a clear sign to lock him up longterm!

Why? Detroit has brought in other rentals that they haven`t signed long term. If anything, I would want to avoid dealing with Detroit as they know the key players in their system that they want to hold onto and wouldn`t trade for a rental player.

ponokanocker 01-18-2012 11:01 AM

Hemsky is not getting a high quality blue line prospect in return. It`s a pipe dream, but it isn`t happening.

joestevens29 01-18-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos (Post 42688599)
If Detroit is scouting Ales then I take that as a clear sign to lock him up longterm!

Or it's a clear sign that they want to give their captain one last ring.

joestevens29 01-18-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich (Post 42688877)
in the summary thread, joestevens talked about his lack of interest in Erixon because he demanded a trade out of Calgary. IMO, Erixon is a viable option depsite what happened. Here are more facts about his trade demand.

Erixon was drafted by a team absolutely loaded with long term guaranteed contracts. Last summer, the Flames had Giordano, Regher, Bowmeister signed long term. Carson and Brodie were both ahead of him in developmet. Sarich had an untradebale contract.

It would have been 2-3 years before an opportunity was open to him and the Flames don't have a good track record of developing defencemen. It was his contractual right to re-enter the draft even if it meant getting drafted lower and making less money this year. He made a smart choice by pursuing that option.

IMO, he is the right age / skill set to be a priority target for us. I like his game.

So why pick the Rags? It's not like they were/are in a lot better shape for him to make it.

Mr Sakich 01-18-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 42689211)
So why pick the Rags? It's not like they were/are in a lot better shape for him to make it.

could have been any number of teams, but Feaster worked out a deal awith the Rangers. Erixon's agent then negotiated a contract with them prior to the trade being finalized.

also
1) family connection - The Rangers already traded for Erixon's second cousin Oscar Lindberg. Lindberg's mother is Jan Erixon's first cousin. The Rangers have until next June to sign Lindberg

2) moreimprotantly, agent preference - Jay Grossman is his agent. He also represents Lindberg. So there's the Grossman connection with the family. Grossman also represented Brian Leetch who is best friends with Erixon who attended Leetch's retirement ceremony.

McEwen 01-18-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilbleeder (Post 42688183)
Here is the last few rumors we were discussing:

- According to Marinaro on The Team 990 in Montreal the Habs are willing to trade PK Subban.

- Ryan Miller may be on the block as per SN

- and just recently, Lebrun has said Hemsky is on Det's radar and they have been scouting him. As per thread on trade board.

Time for a trade!

- TRADE 1 -
To :edmonton
Ryan Miller
Andrej Sekera

To :sabres
Devan Dubnyk
Linus Omark
Edmontons 2nd in 2012
Edmontons 4th in 2013

- TRADE 2 -

To :wings
Ales Hemsky
Alex Plante

To :edmonton
Jakub Kindle
Petr Mrazek
*Detroit's 1st in 2012 if they win the cup
*Detroit's 2nd in 2013 if Hemsky resigns



...pipedream trades I know haha :laugh:

dnicks17 01-18-2012 11:17 AM

The Rangers were the only NHL team his father played for and Tim was born in New York.

Probably a big reason why he wanted to go there.

Mr Forever 01-18-2012 11:24 AM

If the Oilers nabbed a 1st and a prospect for Hemsky, I'd be happy.

Oilbleeder 01-18-2012 11:25 AM

Jarnkrok would be a dream from Detroit if he could be had for Hemsky.

Jimmi Jenkins 01-18-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEwen (Post 42689779)
Time for a trade!

- TRADE 1 -
To :edmonton
Ryan Miller
Andrej Sekera

To :sabres
Devan Dubnyk
Linus Omark
Edmontons 2nd in 2012
Edmontons 4th in 2013

- TRADE 2 -

To :wings
Ales Hemsky
Alex Plante

To :edmonton
Jakub Kindle
Petr Mrazek
*Detroit's 1st in 2012 if they win the cup
*Detroit's 2nd in 2013 if Hemsky resigns



...pipedream trades I know haha :laugh:

There not back, the second one I would only have the conditional 2nd

As for the Buffalo deal, they'd want more back, ie Gagner, and the Oilers would probably have to take a contract back, as I suggested Hecht. I don't think they want to move Sekera either.

Joe Hallenback 01-18-2012 11:28 AM

Take this with a grain of salt but I heard that Hemsky is 95 to 100 percent going to be traded and has been told this already and that 4 teams are heavily involved and 4 are current top teams

Mr Forever 01-18-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback (Post 42690495)
Take this with a grain of salt but I heard that Hemsky is 95 to 100 percent going to be traded and has been told this already and that 4 teams are heavily involved and 4 are current top teams

Where'd you hear that?

Just curious, not doubting you

Matt Ryan 01-18-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback (Post 42690495)
Take this with a grain of salt but I heard that Hemsky is 95 to 100 percent going to be traded and has been told this already and that 4 teams are heavily involved and 4 are current top teams

he's the hottest commodity on the market, and there is a low supply of players of his caliber.

Joe Hallenback 01-18-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrForever (Post 42690549)
Where'd you hear that?

Just curious, not doubting you

I know scouts in the WHL area for quite awhile now. They like to talk and all of them have been talking about this in particular

Jimmi Jenkins 01-18-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge (Post 42690583)
he's the hottest commodity on the market, and there is a low supply of players of his caliber.

That and is contract is pretty trade friendly, not just that he's a UFA, but his dollars aren't that high considering.

McEwen 01-18-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 42690301)
There not back, the second one I would only have the conditional 2nd

As for the Buffalo deal, they'd want more back, ie Gagner, and the Oilers would probably have to take a contract back, as I suggested Hecht. I don't think they want to move Sekera either.

They can have O'marra or Belanger then. No way I'd give up Gagner. I'd maybe trade PRV in that deal so it's Dubnyk and PRV for Miller Buffalo's 2012 first and 2013 second

Mr Forever 01-18-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback (Post 42690627)
I know scouts in the WHL area for quite awhile now. They like to talk and all of them have been talking about this in particular

Cool, I wonder who the front-running teams are, DET and LA are obvious ones.

Petro Points 01-18-2012 11:32 AM

Proposal : Hemsky + Sutton for B.Schenn + conditional 2nd

PHI has Giroux, Briere and Couturier (10 goals already) down the middle and are looking for a vet Dman.

Hemsky-Giroux-Jagr

Hall-Schenn-Eberle
Smyth-RNH-Yakupov
:yo:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.