HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Chris Tanev recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1084155)

xtr3m 01-18-2012 06:07 PM

@VanCanucks
Media Release - Chris Tanev has been recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. #Canucks

Probably only for the upcoming two games.

Scottrockztheworld* 01-18-2012 06:07 PM

You're fast!

Resisting "Thats what she said joke" :sarcasm:

Canucker 01-18-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3m (Post 42708667)
@VanCanucks
Media Release - Chris Tanev has been recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. #Canucks

Nice...should have been done a couple games ago.

canuck4life16 01-18-2012 06:09 PM

I guess they realize the Defensive problem.......I hope Ballard and Tanev are reunited together...

Tim Calhoun 01-18-2012 06:09 PM

Good. He's a good Salo replacement minus the offense.

NugentHopkinsfan 01-18-2012 06:10 PM

Great news for Keith Ballard who is now number 9 on the depth chart.

PG Canuck 01-18-2012 06:10 PM

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

About time!

CanucksOo 01-18-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan (Post 42708797)
Great news for Keith Ballard who is now number 9 on the depth chart.

As much as they should go with Ballard-Tanev pairing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tanev replace Ballard. Poor Bally :laugh:

I'm guessing he'll play until Salo is healthy. So 2 games until the All-Star break.

keslerburrows 01-18-2012 06:14 PM

Slide Tanev in with Edler. Instantly a 10x better top4.

canuck4life16 01-18-2012 06:16 PM

I was wondering why they call him a bit early? could they do it like tomorrow? Do chicago have any upcoming games? Maybe a pending trade is at works and needed another d-men?

Bobby Lou 01-18-2012 06:16 PM

Logically you should actually be putting him with Edler until Salo returns. Reunite the Rome-Ballard pair; leave Alberts/Sulzer in the press box unless required.

This is step one leading up to the deadline; the success Tanev has now will directly impact what sort of player we need to acquire in the next few weeks. If he can adequately step up and be a top four right-side defenseman alongside Edler, we'll be more inclined to look for some support on the bottom pair. An upgrade on Rome/Alberts/Sulzer who brings a physical, shutdown edge and compliments Ballard.

If Tanev can't handle it up there with Edler, we may have to look at acquiring a better defenseman capable of moving into the top four when Salo gets injured. This gets a bit more complicated because we'll probably have to make supplementary salary-based moves to fit it under the cap. I'd say Ballard moving is more likely in this scenario.

Kagee* 01-18-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksOo (Post 42708885)
As much as they should go with Ballard-Tanev pairing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tanev replace Ballard. Poor Bally :laugh:

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksOo (Post 42708885)
I'm guessing he'll play until Salo is healthy. So 2 games until the All-Star break.

Yeah that makes sense.

VinnyC 01-18-2012 06:18 PM

Gods be praised. I hope AV gives the Ballard-Tanev pairing a go and see if they still have some chemistry. That means either Rome or Alberts play with Edler, though.

Although calling him up when we have very few games to play in two weeks strikes me as a bit odd.

Winroba 01-18-2012 06:18 PM

I love me some Tanev

PG Canuck 01-18-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck4life16 (Post 42709003)
I was wondering why they call him a bit early? could they do it like tomorrow? Do chicago have any upcoming games? Maybe a pending trade is at works and needed another d-men?

Or maybe they want Tanev on his way to Vancouver ASAP to practice with the team and get caught up to speed on plays and such? Just because he was called up, doesn't mean there's a trade for sure, if at all. You can't just call up a player and expect him to step right into the NHL without knowing game plans or anything.

Mr. Canucklehead 01-18-2012 06:23 PM

About damn time he came back. Only so much more of Alberts and Sulzer I can take.

I'd expect combos of...

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Rome - Edler
Tanev - Ballard

We'll probably get...

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Rome - Edler
Tanev - Alberts/Sulzer

Zombotron 01-18-2012 06:24 PM

It's about time we saw the great CHRISTOPHER TANEV, FORMERLY OF THE ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY again.

[/pierre]

crazyforhockey 01-18-2012 06:25 PM

Tanev who has been given bigger minutes and pp time in Chi...(for his development)

now we bring him up
a) team unhappy with giveaways particilarly the 3rd pairings..

b)need to see exactly how tanev fits in for playoffs......to see what we need for trade deadline..........think of ballard,rome,alberts,sulzer as solid # 6 guy.....do we even need a top 4 guy?????

c)teach those guys mentioned above about the importance of chipping the puckout early and safely

d)possible trade ....ie Ballard????

would be intresting if Ballard does get traded... ie Van a team with plenty of cap space!

Bobby Lou 01-18-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 42709287)
About damn time he came back. Only so much more of Alberts and Sulzer I can take.

I'd expect combos of...

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Rome - Edler
Tanev - Ballard

We'll probably get...

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Rome - Edler
Tanev - Alberts/Sulzer

Don't want to be nit-picky here, but Tanev is going to be the only natural right-side defenseman outside of Bieksa. I'd think he'd play on the second pairing based on depth, but I'm not sure if they'll want to do that or keep Rome with Edler (out of position as he's natural left-side) and reunite the Ballard-Tanev pair. Either way, Tanev helps a lot because now we'll only have one guy (Rome) playing out of position on the wrong side, instead of two depth guys playing out of position. I'm hoping they at least try Edler-Tanev at this point in the season to see what we've got there; it's not totally out of the Rome of possibility that Tanev plays well enough we can run a Ballard-Salo pairing when Salo is healthy and limit Salo's minutes a bit with Edler-Tanev playing the tougher match-ups. Best case scenario.

dave babych returns 01-18-2012 06:32 PM

Yeah I'd be surprised if Tanev doesn't get at least a look on the second pairing with Edler.

Waveburner 01-18-2012 06:33 PM

One hell of a damning indictment on Ballard, Alberts, Sulzer and Rome. Seven healthy NHL D-men and you are still calling up guys from the AHL? How bad does bringing back Alberts and Ballard look atm? I said on Day One of the season that the team was now 100% dependant on Salo staying healthy.

Based on his track record you have to figure Gillis will dig himself out of his own mess. Be interesting to see how things shake down after the deadline.

Kagee* 01-18-2012 06:34 PM

How about throwing him to the wolves.

Edler Tanev
Hammy Juice
Ballard Romer

monster_bertuzzi 01-18-2012 06:38 PM

^I also hate the fact that our defence is so dependant on our top 4 staying healthy. Because lets face it any of Rome/Alberts/Ballard are terrible when forced into a position of playing over 13-14 minutes.

Sorry folks, but Tanev isn't the answer either.

LiquidSnake 01-18-2012 06:42 PM

Perhaps displaying him for trade bait?

crazyforhockey 01-18-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveburner (Post 42709711)
One hell of a damning indictment on Ballard, Alberts, Sulzer and Rome. Seven healthy NHL D-men and you are still calling up guys from the AHL? How bad does bringing back Alberts and Ballard look atm? I said on Day One of the season that the team was now 100% dependant on Salo staying healthy.

Based on his track record you have to figure Gillis will dig himself out of his own mess. Be interesting to see how things shake down after the deadline.

well we know we always need a deep deep d-core here in Van....

like I said earlier they put Tanev in chi to gain top minutes experince..... whereas he would be in the bottom pairing all season here.....

none of other depth dmen can clear waivers...Rome,sulzer, or alberts.....(ballard too.)

this way we have 9 dmen...... all season.....

secondly I think canuck brass are wanting to see exactly what they have with tanev in lineup as a reg(with rome alberts sulzer as 6th or lower dmen.

THEN do they HAVE to make that dman trade to just bolster the lineup....ie another top4 dman

putting everything in line to see what we actually have ......... hey we are not playing great hockey right now put are still putting up pts.....

or /and can they pkg away a dman or two to get a top 2 dman???