HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Proposal: Sbisa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1084585)

blinkman360 01-19-2012 08:54 AM

Sbisa
 
If you guys decide to sell at the deadline, would he be available for the right price? Obviously Sbisa isn't the type of player selling teams look to deal off, but I don't know where he stands as far as how the front office views him going forward.

I'm an Isles fan and desperately want them to add a top-4 guy, and thought Sbisa would look perfect playing next to fellow Swiss defender Mark Streit.

So again, is it possible that he'd be available, and if "yes" what would be the asking price?

Exit Dose 01-19-2012 08:59 AM

I don't think we'd sell him, especially since he's starting to pay off. We just don't have many defensemen like him in our system.

JabbaJabba 01-19-2012 09:09 AM

Sbisa isn't going anywhere since we don't have many defensive defenceman in our system. We would have to get same type player(s) to replace him in a trade so no point trading him.

mightyquack 01-19-2012 09:55 AM

No thanks, if we're sellers at the deadline we aren't dealing young players on nice contracts signed long term.

swissexpert 01-19-2012 09:55 AM

It'd take Frans Nielsen +, but even then, I doubt they'd trade Sbisa, we don't have similar prospects in the system.
He was the main piece in the Pronger trade and just begins to pan out, so the price would be quite high.

Vinegar Strokes 01-19-2012 10:14 AM

He's just about to turn 22 and he's playing the best hockey of his career, by far. Trading him would be a terrible mistake, he's outplaying his contract and Anaheim desperately needs those types of players.

I think Sbisa would only be available in a package for a legit #1 defender. For instance, Bobby Ryan + Sbisa for a signed Weber.

master4071 01-19-2012 10:33 AM

Sbisa is untouchable...he is only 21 and play better and better every night...Blake, Brookbank, Lydman, Ellis - these are guys, which we can trade before TD...

swissexpert 01-19-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master4071 (Post 42737751)
Sbisa is untouchable...he is only 21 and play better and better every night...Blake, Brookbank, Lydman, Ellis - these are guys, which we can trade before TD...

Blake just made a case for himself, I think he's a very good player to have on our bottom 6.
Unless want picks, he's not getting the return we need anyways.

master4071 01-19-2012 10:59 AM

I really appreciate Blake's hard work and what he did in the last couple of games, but IMO we don't have room for him for another season...If I have to choose one guy to stay IMO Hagman>Blake, he is younger, more physical, good penalty killer, so it's great that Blake plays so good lastly, his price will be higher before TD, but all in all IMO we should trade him even for 3rd round, but maybe someone give us 2nd, if he continues to impress...

Spicy Porkins 01-19-2012 11:02 AM

OP answered his own question. Sbisa isn't the kind of asset that gets dealt in a sale. He could be dealt as part of an upgrade, but there doesn't seem to be a fit between these two teams as far as that goes.

airforceones25 01-19-2012 12:00 PM

I wasn't under the impression that the NY Islanders were going to be "buyers" at the deadline! :laugh:

duxfan8 01-19-2012 12:43 PM

No chance. Boudreau just praised him publicly and Sbisa has been a beast. He's signed for another 3 years at a super team friendly cap hit. We would have to be blown away to trade him at this point. Nobody remembers he is only 21 years old, too

DarthYenik 01-19-2012 01:01 PM

Sbisa has been great even before this recent turn for the better team-wise. And I doubt any defense will be dealt at this point. The D is really clicking right now.

Paul4587 01-19-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fever Dreams (Post 42737147)
He's just about to turn 22 and he's playing the best hockey of his career, by far. Trading him would be a terrible mistake, he's outplaying his contract and Anaheim desperately needs those types of players.

I think Sbisa would only be available in a package for a legit #1 defender. For instance, Bobby Ryan + Sbisa for a signed Weber.

Pretty much this, he's only available in a package for an elite player.

As for the original post, selling teams don't trade 22 year olds.

Gliff 01-19-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master4071 (Post 42737751)
Sbisa is untouchable...he is only 21 and play better and better every night...Blake, Brookbank, Lydman, Ellis - these are guys, which we can trade before TD...

Blake has a higher PPG then Bobby and Getzlaf:help:

Spicy Porkins 01-19-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 42759355)
Blake has a higher PPG then Bobby and Getzlaf:help:

So? He's a 38 year old with an expiring contract who's recent play means we might actually get something of value for him at the deadline, against all seeming odds. He'll definitely be in play.

Kalvinators 01-20-2012 05:18 AM

Wowowow
First of all,
I doubt we will be ''more of a sellers'' than Isles.
So, pretty awkward proposal.

EarlGrey 01-20-2012 05:23 AM

Sbisa is an important piece of our future. I don't see a trade involving him unless it is an overpayment.

CREW99AW 01-21-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airforceones25 (Post 42741209)
I wasn't under the impression that the NY Islanders were going to be "buyers" at the deadline! :laugh:

Snow has been trying to land a quality,top 4 d-man,who's several yrs from unrestricted free agency.

There's a big difference in giving up top youngsters/high picks for a 1/2 yr pickup vs. giving up those trade chips for a longterm pickup,who'd be a core player.

Gliff 01-21-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Cat (Post 42768091)
So? He's a 38 year old with an expiring contract who's recent play means we might actually get something of value for him at the deadline, against all seeming odds. He'll definitely be in play.

Did I say he was more untouchable?

DaDucks 01-21-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkman360 (Post 42734775)
If you guys decide to sell at the deadline, would he be available for the right price? Obviously Sbisa isn't the type of player selling teams look to deal off, but I don't know where he stands as far as how the front office views him going forward.

I'm an Isles fan and desperately
want them to add a top-4 guy, and thought Sbisa would look perfect playing next to fellow Swiss defender Mark Streit.

So again, is it possible that he'd be available, and if "yes" what would be the asking price?

Lol
I just bought his jersey 5 minutes ago

Spicy Porkins 01-21-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 42850781)
Did I say he was more untouchable?

Don't be dense.

duxfan8 01-23-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Cat (Post 42768091)
So? He's a 38 year old with an expiring contract who's recent play means we might actually get something of value for him at the deadline, against all seeming odds. He'll definitely be in play.

Most certainly. He is our good luck charm, but he ain't coming back next year and we can save some of that 4 mil contract

Gliff 01-23-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Cat (Post 42854837)
Don't be dense.

........ok sorry. I'll rephase since I hurt your feelings apparently.

We will never gat anything of value for Blake. He is a catalyst and has been a major factor in our turnaround. He is the hardest working guy on the team and effort rubs off on people. Why would we trade someone like that for a 4th or 5th rounder when we could easily keep him and, you know, WIN some games to encourage the team instead of being a lazy team like we were for liek 30 games.

Why would you want to trade him? He has a role and plays it well.

Do you understand that or is it too "dense" for you?

Andrew Knoll 01-23-2012 10:01 PM

The way the Ducks are playing they are more likely to be buyers than sellers, get a veteran guy or two to stiffen up their defensive game (faceoff guy, stay-at-home D). Either that or basically stay pat unless the right circumstances come up to move vets. I think the Ryan panic is over, it probably ended when they were getting Phaneuf-esque offers for him, guys to round out their team but nothing of substantial value. Certainly they could have gotten decent one-for-one return (Bourque, Cammalleri, et al) but that would have been a lateral move at best.

I don't see the Ducks selling off any young guys at this point. Sbisa in particular, as others have mentioned, would be difficult to replace from within their system any time soon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.