HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LeBrun: Preds & Wings interested in Hemsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1085559)

kypredsfan 01-20-2012 01:34 PM

Preds & Wings interested in Hemsky

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-are-available

Not sure how I feel about this man made of glass. How has he looked this year? Is he pure shoot first or can he be a playmaker too?

Hellström 01-20-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 42793225)

Not sure how I feel about this man made of glass. How has he looked this year? Is he pure shoot first or can he be a playmaker too?

He´s as far away from a pure shooter as you can imagine...

Broom of the System 01-20-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

He's pass 1st, pass 2nd, then pass again. He is a playmaker, has a very decent shot, but doesn't use it nearly enough. Not a great fit for the Preds at all imo

kypredsfan 01-20-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broom of the System (Post 42793349)
He's pass 1st, pass 2nd, then pass again. He is a playmaker, has a very decent shot, but doesn't use it nearly enough. Not a great fit for the Preds at all imo

So basically another SK74? I love SK, but we don't need another.

spot 01-20-2012 01:40 PM

Hemsky is starting to warm up again after a slow start due to his injury. For the most part his injury history has been because of his shoulders. He's had surgery on both now and look as though he is finally getting his mobility back. If Hemsky moves the Oilers would most certainly be looking for a defenceman back. Perhaps Blum?

spot 01-20-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 42793449)
So basically another SK74? I love SK, but we don't need another.

Alot more dynamic. He creates chances on his own. IMO

Gusher 01-20-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Hemsky is a great playmaker. He has never been known for his goal scoring skills. Fans who think he is, or should be, a goal scorer are delirious.

He's had a tough season after coming back from back-to-back season's of shoulder surgeries. But, in the past 10 games he's turned it around a bit. He's really starting to fly out there again and starting to do what he does best...beating defenders to open ice and setting up players in prime scoring areas.

If he keeps it up until the Trade Deadline, he'll get a lot of interest.

I would still like to see him stay in Edmonton.

t0psh3lfclu7ch 01-20-2012 01:42 PM

hemsky has developed in to a shooter, to create scoring opportunities. he is a pass first mentality or hold the puck until he has a clean shot, and usually if he has that chance it will go in or create an opportunity. he's not all pass-pass as he used to be. and i dont really see too many prospects on the preds roster the oil would be interested in.

kypredsfan 01-20-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spot (Post 42793463)
Hemsky is starting to warm up again after a slow start due to his injury. For the most part his injury history has been because of his shoulders. He's had surgery on both now and look as though he is finally getting his mobility back. If Hemsky moves the Oilers would most certainly be looking for a defenceman back. Perhaps Blum?

You don't think the Oil would accept a pick for a UFA to be on a non playoff team? Everything I've read indicates he's bolting from Edmonton asap anyways.

NoNecksCurse 01-20-2012 01:49 PM

if NSH gets him, ill be very mad. PASS

leaflover 01-20-2012 01:53 PM

If Nashville can get him cheap its a good gamble. He has tremedous skill and could potentially generate more offense than any current Preds forward. If hes not available at a reasonable price then they should pass and look at another target that they may be comfortable extending this summer. I can't see too many teams looking to sign Hemsky to a multi-year deal with his durability issues.

Freudian 01-20-2012 01:55 PM

Hemsky has shown some good play lately. He is shifty and has soft hands and has created a bit of offense for the Oilers.

But he also is bailing on plays where there is a risk he'll get hit. I don't know if he doesn't have faith in his shoulders being able to handle contact or if he desperately want to stay healthy because he is a UFA this summer. I can't imagine scouts being impressed when they see this.

BeersHockey 01-20-2012 01:57 PM

I love the "pump & dump" EDM fans are working on Hemsky right now.

Peter Zezel 01-20-2012 01:57 PM

Would the wings move Brendan Smith for Hemsky?!

Double Dion 01-20-2012 01:57 PM

The Wings offer a Fabrege egg and 2 Svavorski crystal vases. Three fragile expensive pieces of crap for one fragile expensive piece of crap. Kevin Lowe makes fun of Holland for drafting Jurco who becomes a star PF in 2014. Holland persists because his brain is bigger than his ego and gets Hemsky for the crap he has to dust all the time in his office. KLowe later realizes crazy Wang would've given him Nielsen and their 1st.

Gusher 01-20-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 42793605)
You don't think the Oil would accept a pick for a UFA to be on a non playoff team? Everything I've read indicates he's bolting from Edmonton asap anyways.

That's just not true.

He loves it here and enjoys the team. He and his GF of a few years both live in Edmonton.

He's hoping to re-sign but hasn't ruled out looking at other options if the Oilers choose to only do a 1-yr deal.

Zetterberg4Captain 01-20-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl (Post 42794303)

their is a 0% chance the Wings move Smith for him or any other "potentially" available player not named Suter or Weber(and yes I know they wont be available in particular to detroit)

GeoSacks 01-20-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

How has he looked this year?

Awful. But he's done better lately and seems to be getting back into top-six form.

Quote:

They won't move their top prospect for a rental player who has worse stats than (at least) seven forwards already on the roster. They would probably offer a 2nd round pick and a mid-range prospect.

Zetterberg4Captain 01-20-2012 02:07 PM

detroit offers Ferraro and a 2nd rd pick in 2012

Gusher 01-20-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeersHockey (Post 42794299)
I love the "pump & dump" EDM fans are working on Hemsky right now.

A player who has 348 Points in 393 Games since the '04 Lockout needs pumping up?

That is 0.89 PPG Avg. Pretty decent for a player going in to the Trade Deadline.

Sure, he's had his injury troubles the past couple seasons but he still has value. He's not very old at 28 either.

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Smith will not be moved for a rental unless that rental is Suter and he comes with an extension. The most I would offer for hemsky would be Pulkkinen + 2nd round pick with a condition if the wings make the stanley cup final it becomes a 1st

misfit 01-20-2012 02:13 PM

He's definitely a playmaker. You can tell he's making a concious effort to shoot more this year, and he has been, but I'd almost rather he didn't. He's got an alright shot, but he's such a gifted playmaker that I think he might actually be doing himself a disservice by getting away from it a little.

I don't agree with the idea of the video game model where you have to have a playmaker, a shooter, and a defensive guy or grinder to retrieve the puck for them, because hockey doesn't work that way. If you have a line of 3 playmakers, they're going to shoot the puck too. Hell, the greatest playmaker in the history of the game also managed to pot one or two goals.

Hemsky is a playmaker, but more importantly, he's a terrific player. I don't see any reason why a team looking for top 6 forwards wouldn't want him just because he typically looks to pass first.

oilsands 01-20-2012 02:20 PM

To NSH:

Hemsky + 3rd

to EDM:

2nd

It's all he is worth. Liability.

NoNecksCurse 01-20-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 42795425)
To NSH:

Hemsky + 3rd

to EDM:

2nd

It's all he is worth. Liability.

whats his salary this year?

Spice Trader 01-20-2012 02:22 PM

Hemsky is an interesting option.

I have watched alot of him in the NW division. Couple years ago he was told to avoid some of the big hits he took to make plays. His toughness impressed me then.

Him being a little careful this year is no big deal imo. Put him in the playoffs or meaningful games and i think that fire would come back.

Def a good option for nashville bacause of two reasons. because of his injuries i think he might be gotten for cheaper than his ppg average would usualy demand.

Getting him might get you suter singed which might get you weber signed.

Then if he pans out you sign him for 3- 4 yeas hopefuly @ 3-4 mill and then get a shooter for one of your D prospects.