HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Talbot, Briere, and Giroux (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1085593)

Wayne Train 01-20-2012 02:12 PM

Talbot, Briere, and Giroux

Ok so I have 3 'issues' if you want to call them that and I'm trying to figure out, with everyone else's input and opinions, on how to fix them. Obviously the defense/goaltending is the biggest issue the Flyers have. But 3 aformentioned guys Briere, Talbot, and Giroux I also have issues with.

Start with Briere...aside from the hat trick he had a couple weeks ago, he's only got 10 goals on the season. Now I don't know what it is, but something needs to change. The G line simply isn't doing it so I'm thinking why don't we put Hartnell back with Briere and see if that sparks something. I don't think we can move Briere to the wing just yet only because Couturier and Schenn both need a limit on their workloads (which Lavy is doing pretty well right now IMO). And since that G line isn't doing anything right now, why don't we put Hartnell back with Briere, move Read up to the G line, and put Talbot back on the 3rd line--which brings me to the next point.

I love Talbot, I really do. But him being on the 2nd line with Briere just isn't doing it right now. He is a great 3rd line player and that's where he should be. I think he would go great with Schenn and Simmonds which would make one hell of a 3rd line to play against.

Finally on to Giroux...honestly it's tiime to switch that line up. As I said above, I think we need to move Hartnell to Briere's wing, Talbot down to the 3rd line, and Read up to the 1st line. It's no secret that G is struggling right now defensivly and offensevily for that matter. From what I've seen, Read can be a very responsible player so I think putting him with Giroux might help in that facet. I also think a change to his line might be the kick he needs.

Read-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Talbot
Rinaldo-Couturier-Harry Z

What do you guys think about these 3 'issues' (might be the wrong word but oh well)?

OriginJM 01-20-2012 02:22 PM

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/264/doc-kick.gif

we wait

every team has rough patches, be concerned if they act this way well into February

PALE PWNR 01-20-2012 02:31 PM

Talbot has been playing above everyones expectations I don't see how anyone can be dissapointed with his play. He is doing what he came here to do (fill Lappy/Betts role on the PK) and hes putting up points. Hes developed chemistry with Voracek which we really haven't seen the same chemistry with him from anyone else. Briere could score 0 points a whole year for all I care. He's money in the playoffs every year and is THE best playoff forward without exception in the NHL. As far as I'm concerned he gives us his all when it matters most and we have the depth to get through the regular season without huge numbers from him and I'm perfectly content with that.

Roo is having a career year and it is not possible for him to keep up with the pace he had earlier in the year especially after having to be out a few games with a concussion not an easy injury to come back from. He will have a few ups and downs in the season its how most players work. I would not mind seeing a simple swap up Read Hartnell and Simmonds though just to see if Reads game can help Giroux wake up and get out of this slump and Hartnell help Briere out of his but again to be dissapointed? I don't know how you can be.

Read-Roo-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Simmonds
Talbot-Schenn-Voracek

Wayne Train 01-20-2012 02:36 PM

Not a knee jerk reaction at all...I just don't think Talbot belongs on the 2nd line and Briere hasn't done anything all season (based on facts).

BillyShoe1721 01-20-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 42795925)
He's money in the playoffs every year and is THE best playoff forward without exception in the NHL.

Zetterberg is better. He has 1 more point post-lockout in 3 less games, and to say his defensive game blows Briere's out of the water would be an understatement.

Left Circle OneTimer 01-20-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 42796147)
Zetterberg is better. He has 1 more point post-lockout in 3 less games, and to say his defensive game blows Briere's out of the water would be an understatement.

That statement is an understatement in itself. Briere is that bad defensively.

Flyotes 01-20-2012 03:27 PM

Briere:

30 points. +/- 2

5on5:

g/60: 4th from last on team. Wayne Simmonds is above him. Voracek, Harry Z, and Rinaldo are behind him.
a1/60: 2nd from last.
a2/60: Middle of the pack.
p/60: 1.67 3rd from last. Rinaldo. Harry Z behind him.

Worth every penny.

Codith 01-20-2012 03:46 PM

The team as a whole is struggling, they all seem off except for basically Couts and Read. Team D needs to be a focus, everyone needs to work together and right now I'm not feeling that.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 01-20-2012 03:49 PM

I think Roo needs some time away from Jagr to find himself again. I don't know if he's looking up to him too much or has just become too comfortable, but he seems reluctant to finish on his own, and always seems to want to set up Jagr before doing anything else.

orange is better 01-20-2012 03:49 PM

Hartnell-Giroux-Couturier could be an interesting combination.

achdumeingute 01-20-2012 04:08 PM

Simmonds has been great for the past 3 weeks. He's been very disruptive and great at holding on to the puck/getting shots on net. There is no way he should be on the 3rd line.

Read is pretty weak on the puck...IMO he's the 3rd liner.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 01-20-2012 04:38 PM

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=0&id=151238

G was asked about his line, he said he had a meeting with Lavs and that he's just been playing frustrated and trying to do to much. Hopefully that's the end of G's lackluster play.

Bernie Parent 1974 03-05-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briere
"If he wants the guys to keep playing hard for him, he needs to be a great teammate, the way he has been lately."

nice to know how Danny picks and chooses when he plays hard ....

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...672&feedID=704

Prongo 03-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 (Post 45559305)
nice to know how Danny picks and chooses when he plays hard ....

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...672&feedID=704

Your blind bias towards Bryz is sickening. Briere gives his all, and always has. It just hasn't changed now that Bryz is in town.

For your words in red, I believe Briere wanted it to be known that if Bryz doesn't become more team oriented, he will lose their trust. It's kind of hard to play in front of someone that only cares about himself.

Bernie Parent 1974 03-05-2012 06:13 PM

i don't care WHO the goalie is.

for an NHL Professional to openly declare that they do not play hard every night is a disgrace. this isn't about Bryz at all.

it's about Briere thinking 'playing hard' isn't something that is required at ALL TIMES

Prongo 03-05-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 (Post 45560543)
i don't care WHO the goalie is.

for an NHL Professional to openly declare that they do not play hard every night is a disgrace. this isn't about Bryz at all.

it's about Briere thinking 'playing hard' isn't something that is required at ALL TIMES

Your taking his saying out of context I think. I read it as Briere saying they wouldn't keep playing hard in front of him if he keeps up what he has been doing. Not that they haven't been playing hard in front of him. Obviously besides his pathetic effort earlier in the season, he hasn't been the best of team mates. Briere goes hard every time he is on the ice. He was giving Bryz a warning, pick your ass up and play or the team will definitely lose faith in you. That would result in players growing frustrated with his performance and maybe not battling the way they do for other players.

Bernie Parent 1974 03-05-2012 07:03 PM

lol ...... nope. i don't buy the way you 'read' it.
i don't EVER want to hear ANY player say that.

i'm all for management sitting down any player & telling them to pick up their game. [goalies included, and I said as much a few weeks back], but at NO TIME is it acceptable for ANY player to start ANY sentence with "If he wants the guys to keep playing hard for him"

next, they'll say that about coaches, then GMs, then owners ...... NO !!!!

they should ALWAYS play hard ..... that is HIS JOB.

period.

no wonder they come out flat every other game ..... FRICK !!

Devastate 03-05-2012 07:52 PM

Umm, if there's anyone who HASN'T been trying the majority of the year, itz bryzgalov. Now he's working hard, and look at the results.

JVR21 03-05-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 (Post 45562499)
lol ...... nope. i don't buy the way you 'read' it.
i don't EVER want to hear ANY player say that.

i'm all for management sitting down any player & telling them to pick up their game. [goalies included, and I said as much a few weeks back], but at NO TIME is it acceptable for ANY player to start ANY sentence with "If he wants the guys to keep playing hard for him"

next, they'll say that about coaches, then GMs, then owners ...... NO !!!!

they should ALWAYS play hard ..... that is HIS JOB.

period.

no wonder they come out flat every other game ..... FRICK !!

Have you ever played hockey, man? How about a game where you goalie lets in weak goal after weak goal? When you're battling all game and your goalie lets in a softie to put the other team ahead? These are situations where the goalie's play can take the gas right out of your skates. What he's saying is legitimate.

GKJ 03-05-2012 08:07 PM

Unfortunately, when someone among your Top 6 forwards get hurt, someone who was not a Top 6 forward previously, now is.

Bernie Parent 1974 03-05-2012 08:29 PM

unreal that paid professionals are given a pass to 'not try hard'.

nope. sorry. not by me.

no excuse EVER @ the NHL LEVEL to not 'try hard'.

go sell that somewhere else.
they play for the logo on the front, not the name on the back

Prongo 03-05-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 (Post 45566683)

nope. sorry. not by me.

Well what do you have to say abut the part where Briere said Bryz was playing for himself?

Also this here is what he said(Briere)
Quote:

That’s the way it should be. If he wants the guys to keep playing hard for him, he needs to be a great teammate the way he has been lately, and it’s been fun having him around, too.”
That did not say they stopped playing hard for him at all. It means if he didn't change the team was going to stop battling for him.

Oh about the logo on the front, Bryz was selfish before they sat him down

Quote:

“Before, just trying to bring everything, everything was about Bryz,” Briere said. “When he played well, when he played bad, everything was about Bryz.

GKJ 03-05-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 (Post 45566683)

nope. sorry. not by me.

Such simplistic principles is not how professional sports works.

MsWoof 03-05-2012 09:32 PM

31 years old and he just learned how to be a good teammate in a game where teamwork means everything?

Bernie Parent 1974 03-05-2012 09:42 PM

take more risks when your goalie is on top of his game? ok

stick to doing your job defensively when your goalie is on top of his game? ok

threatening to NOT PLAY HARD for ANY reason is 100% UNACCEPTABLE. PERIOD.

especially for a guy who has vanished as often as Danny has ......