HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top 1997-born players in NB (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1085685)

NBHockey 01-20-2012 04:00 PM

Top 1997-born players in NB

I saw a long thread about 97 born players for NFLD, wasn't much in the way of NB players so here goes:

Forwards:
Alexander Jacob - Moncton Hawks
Ryan Tompkins - North West Bulls
Francis Theriault - AP Senators
Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John
Spencer Buck - KV Rangers
Liam Conrad - Moncton Hawks
William Bower - RNS
Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers
Zach Adams - Dieppe Flyers
Riley Scott - Northern Blackhawks
Tristan Young - Northern Blackhawks
Patrick Daley - D3 Caps

Defense:
Luc Deschene - Midget Major Fredericton
Jake Vance - Notre Dame
Matt Paul - Notre Dame
Will Thompson - OHA
Chris Becker - OHA
Mitch Robinson - Moncton
Jon Cloutier - North West Bulls

Goalies:
Julien Galloway - Dieppe Flyers
Derek Goguen - Moncton Hawks
Tristan Meadows - D3 Caps
Jarod Stone - North West Bulls
Max Landry - Dieppe Flyers

PorkChopSandwiches 01-20-2012 05:29 PM

Great list .. thanks!

TonyTinglebone 01-23-2012 08:39 AM

Not a bad list, I have seen quite a few of them play. Could you give a description on what makes these the guys to watch. Mainly looking for something on Conrad, Adams and Young up front Robinson on D and Meadows, Stone and Landry in nets.

Also any thoughts on Tyler Gunn (D-Saint John) and Hugo Robichaud (D-AP)?

IslandScouter 01-23-2012 10:43 AM

interested to hear how the following players are doing:

Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John(is this correct??)

TonyTinglebone 01-23-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peiproud (Post 42959243)
interested to hear how the following players are doing:

Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John(is this correct??)

Alex Jacob was not at the NB bantam AAA all star game this past weekend. I don't know why. He is playing well, and he really knows how to find the open ice. From what I have seen and heard he is having no trouble putting the puck in the net.

Deschenes has been having a good year. He is getting better every game from what I have seen and heard. I think he is at or near a point per game pace as an underage defenceman.

Leblanc is playing Major Midget now. I have not seen him play since he has gone up, but I have heard that he is going to spend the rest of the year there. In Bantam he was one of if not the best offensive player in the league

NBHockey 01-24-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone (Post 42956239)
Not a bad list, I have seen quite a few of them play. Could you give a description on what makes these the guys to watch. Mainly looking for something on Conrad, Adams and Young up front Robinson on D and Meadows, Stone and Landry in nets.

Also any thoughts on Tyler Gunn (D-Saint John) and Hugo Robichaud (D-AP)?

Forwards:
Alexander Jacob - Moncton Hawks: Great vision and an intelligent player. See's the ice very well and uses the players around him. Always dangerous and is tough. U14 and U15 and played some games with Major Midget Flyers.

Ryan Tompkins - North West Bulls: One of the fastest in NB, great skater and great hands. Type of player that contols the play when on the ice. U14 and U15 and has played some games with Major Midget Canadiens.

Francis Theriault - AP Senators: Fast and a great shot off the rush. Can get lost in his own end from time to time. U14 and U15

Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John: Good offensive instincts but needs to work on defensive side of the puck. Has scored some goals lately and should get decent ice on a weak team. U14 and U15

Spencer Buck - KV Rangers: Strong skater, can find space in the offensive zone and is dangerous around the net. U14

Liam Conrad - Moncton Hawks: Seems to find the score sheet lots but doesn't wow you when watching him play. Would like to see him play without Jacob on his line to make his own space. U14

William Bower - RNS: Haven't seen him this year. Had a good weekend at the ACC. Plays better as a winger than as a center in my opinion. Tough player and is difficult to play against, could be a great defensive role player. U14 and U15

Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers: Strong on puck and can play the physical game. Also has a scoring touch. Everytime I watch him I see flashes of great play but he could be more consistant. U15

Zach Adams - Dieppe Flyers: Obvious ommission of the East All-Stars, was injured some so that might have had something to do with it. Good winger, strong on the rush but uses a lot of energy in his stride. Doesn't tend to use the other players around him as often as he could. U15

Riley Scott - Northern Blackhawks: Good all around player, very consistant. Tends to lean to the physical side of the game but has good hands.

Tristan Young - Northern Blackhawks: Not really flashy but gets the job done.

Patrick Daley - D3 Caps: Great vision and uses other players well. One of the best setup guys in the league. U15

Defense:
Luc Deschene - Midget Major Fredericton: Strong and plays with a mean streak. Lots of exposure to top programs. U15 and U16 as an underager. Didn't have a great U16 weekend but has played pretty well this year with the Major Midget Canadiens.

Jake Vance - Notre Dame: Haven't seen him this year but in the ACC was a big part of the D core. Hard shot and can move the puck. Not the best skater but makes up for it in grit, great size. U14 and U15

Matt Paul - Notre Dame: Haven't seen him other than the ACC. Great skater and is fast. Good first pass and makes the odd rush. Looks light but as he fills out should be a good one. U14 and U15

Will Thompson - OHA: Another out of sight out of mind guy. Great size and good puck skills. Not as gritty as he could be with his size but he has a great awareness in his own end. Not as offensive as the others but very reliable around his own net. U14 and U15.

Chris Becker - OHA: Not seen him since ACC, great skater, good shot but can get running around in his own end at times. U14 and U15

Mitch Robinson - Moncton: Decent skater and plays with an edge. Good shot and can make a big hit to change the momentum of a game. Bit of a temper. U15

Jon Cloutier - North West Bulls: Probably on of the most under the radar guys. Good physical play and great shot. Can get into penalty trouble but he seems to be better this year than last at keeping control of his emotions.

David Comeau - D3 Caps: have seen him play some over the past couple of years, wasn't on my radar, but was one of the best DMen in the All-Star game. Not the prettiest skater but is very big and intelligent with the puck. Has also played some games with the Midget Major Canadiens.

Goalies:
Julien Galloway - Dieppe Flyers: Best numbers in the league, has the best defensive team in front of him too. Good movement and feet.

Derek Goguen - Moncton Hawks: Played great in the all-star game, has a good blocker and moves well. U14 and U15.

Tristan Meadows - D3 Caps: Bad numbers but has played well lately. Other than Comeau, the Caps are not very good defensively. Has good second and third effort saves.

Jarod Stone - North West Bulls: first year in AAA. Watched he and Tompkins steal a game away from Newbridge in the Salmon tournament. He is very raw but has lots of potential. Athletic player.

Max Landry - Dieppe Flyers: Solid goalie, not as big as the others but covers his angles well and is athletic.

Hugo Robichaud - AP Senators: Yes, I forgot about him. Big player but is slow compaired to these other guys. Good shot and reliable in his own end but not on the same level as the other dmen here.

Tyler Gunn: - Saint John Seadogs: Not at the same level as these guys yet either.

NBHockey 01-26-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone (Post 42961503)
Alex Jacob was not at the NB bantam AAA all star game this past weekend. I don't know why. He is playing well, and he really knows how to find the open ice. From what I have seen and heard he is having no trouble putting the puck in the net.

Deschenes has been having a good year. He is getting better every game from what I have seen and heard. I think he is at or near a point per game pace as an underage defenceman.

Leblanc is playing Major Midget now. I have not seen him play since he has gone up, but I have heard that he is going to spend the rest of the year there. In Bantam he was one of if not the best offensive player in the league

Alex Jacob was injured, Spencer Buck was also missing, he decided to attend national soccer trials.

IslandScouter 01-26-2012 10:17 AM

NBHOCKEY, which teams from NB are coming for the spud tournament, if you could give me 4 97's to watch and there teams, and 4 98's and there teams who would it be

TonyTinglebone 01-26-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peiproud (Post 43136713)
NBHOCKEY, which teams from NB are coming for the spud tournament, if you could give me 4 97's to watch and there teams, and 4 98's and there teams who would it be

I know this wasnt directed to me but the teams from NB going to the Spud are Dieppe, Miramichi, District 3(Fredericton), KV and Saint John.

Top 97s would likely be Kari Belec - F (Dieppe), Patrick Daley - F (D3), Spencer Buck - F (KV), Mitch Robinson - D (Dieppe)

Top 98s would probably be Sam King - F (KV) Malcolm Arseneau - F (D3), Isaac McGraw - D (Saint John), Ethan Domokos - G (KV)

Domokos may be the best goalie in Bantam hockey in NB this year.

NBHockey 01-26-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone (Post 43137423)
I know this wasnt directed to me but the teams from NB going to the Spud are Dieppe, Miramichi, District 3(Fredericton), KV and Saint John.

Top 97s would likely be Kari Belec - F (Dieppe), Patrick Daley - F (D3), Spencer Buck - F (KV), Mitch Robinson - D (Dieppe)

Top 98s would probably be Sam King - F (KV) Malcolm Arseneau - F (D3), Isaac McGraw - D (Saint John), Ethan Domokos - G (KV)

Domokos may be the best goalie in Bantam hockey in NB this year.

Tony I don't know if I would go that far on Domokos, don't get me wrong, he is good, but to say he is the best goalie in the whole league is pushing it. Galloway and Goguen are the two best in my opinion. Domokos got lit up in the shoot out at the All-Star game.

He was the best of the 98's at the All-Star game, the others, Arseneau, King, Plourde all looked to be timid and over their heads to me. Again, good players and will probably be studs next year but not there yet. It was surprising to me to see so many 98's at the game to be honest.

PEIPROUD - Tony's list are all good players - Could add 97's David Comeau - D (D3), Zach Adams - F (Dieppe) Peter Woulds - F (Mira): 98's - Dominic Tardiff - F (Dieppe), Dusty Augustine - F (Dieppe)

KolScout 01-27-2012 09:25 AM

Heard that comeau broke his wrist and will not be playing in spud. Also Elijah francis (98) and Colby ward (97) are both very good defenseman from dieppe who would be worth a watch

NBHockey 01-27-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KolScout (Post 43180713)
Heard that comeau broke his wrist and will not be playing in spud. Also Elijah francis (98) and Colby ward (97) are both very good defenseman from dieppe who would be worth a watch

That's too bad for Comeau, his game has been improving from what I saw.

IslandScouter 02-02-2012 10:40 AM

What about any NS players to watch this weekend. Also any posters making the trip over to the spud?

KolScout 02-04-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peiproud (Post 43450099)
What about any NS players to watch this weekend. Also any posters making the trip over to the spud?

Colby Tower (Nova X-men) and Jesse Hamer + Drew Packman (both from the Tasa Bubba Rays)

These guys are all dominant players and are definitely names to remember in the next few years

scoutman1 02-04-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KolScout (Post 43604215)
Colby Tower (Nova X-men) and Jesse Hamer + Drew Packman (both from the Tasa Bubba Rays)

These guys are all dominant players and are definitely names to remember in the next few years

tower is probably the 2nd most skilled player behind Layton Parsons in Nova scotia bantam....only problem is he is 5'6. if he can grow to 5'09 this guy will be a 1st round QMJHL player for sure he is super skilled, he is aggressive, goes to the net, gritty, great along boards, excellent skater, great leadership, excellent playmaker and passer, great shooter, excellent two way player, excellent puck handler, very very smart player, gives a great effort every night....5'06 at the moment is only holding him back, I have not seen him play in about 3 months so im not sure if he grew much at all, if he even gets to 5'08 this guy is going to get srious consideration for 1st round talent.

TonyTinglebone 02-06-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutman1 (Post 43607555)
tower is probably the 2nd most skilled player behind Layton Parsons in Nova scotia bantam....only problem is he is 5'6. if he can grow to 5'09 this guy will be a 1st round QMJHL player for sure he is super skilled, he is aggressive, goes to the net, gritty, great along boards, excellent skater, great leadership, excellent playmaker and passer, great shooter, excellent two way player, excellent puck handler, very very smart player, gives a great effort every night....5'06 at the moment is only holding him back, I have not seen him play in about 3 months so im not sure if he grew much at all, if he even gets to 5'08 this guy is going to get srious consideration for 1st round talent.

Watched a game this past weekend of Nova playing Dieppe. Was actually some fairly sloppy hockey, but Tower was definitely the best player on the ice. He appears to be bigger than 5'6", I would say closer to 5'8" or 5'9". I could be totally wrong, but he didn't back down in what was one of the most physical bantam games I have seen all year.

NBHockey 02-07-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone (Post 43674855)
Watched a game this past weekend of Nova playing Dieppe. Was actually some fairly sloppy hockey, but Tower was definitely the best player on the ice. He appears to be bigger than 5'6", I would say closer to 5'8" or 5'9". I could be totally wrong, but he didn't back down in what was one of the most physical bantam games I have seen all year.

How did Belec, Adams and Ward look for Dieppe?

TonyTinglebone 02-08-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHockey (Post 43723249)
How did Belec, Adams and Ward look for Dieppe?

Like I said it was fairly sloppy hockey, especially considering the quality of the two teams. Now having said that I will give what I could read from that game.

Adams looked the best of the three in what was one of the most physical games I have seen at this level all year. He can knock anybody off the puck from what I saw. His speed is his greatest asset, he was blowing by defenceman on the forecheck and was gone with the puck before they even touched him. He took over and dominated stretches of the game with strong physical play.

Belec played very well too. He brought some chippiness that really complimented his aggressive play. Showed the willingness to take it to anybody. He drives the puck to the net as good as any bantam player I have seen. Actually Belec and Tower are in my opinion two of the best bantam players at driving to the net with possession.

Ward wasn't really noticeable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially in a game where the defensive play for the most part was sloppy and bad plays stood out.

NBHockey 02-10-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone (Post 43788943)
Like I said it was fairly sloppy hockey, especially considering the quality of the two teams. Now having said that I will give what I could read from that game.

Adams looked the best of the three in what was one of the most physical games I have seen at this level all year. He can knock anybody off the puck from what I saw. His speed is his greatest asset, he was blowing by defenceman on the forecheck and was gone with the puck before they even touched him. He took over and dominated stretches of the game with strong physical play.

Belec played very well too. He brought some chippiness that really complimented his aggressive play. Showed the willingness to take it to anybody. He drives the puck to the net as good as any bantam player I have seen. Actually Belec and Tower are in my opinion two of the best bantam players at driving to the net with possession.

Ward wasn't really noticeable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially in a game where the defensive play for the most part was sloppy and bad plays stood out.

Thanks!

Belec does seem to have a chippiness in his game.

PEIPROUD - I understand the Fredericton Canadiens have some 97's in their line up for tonight in Cornwall. Tompkins from the Bulls, Cameron from the Caps and of course Deschene. If your close might be a good chance to see them.

nbsportsmedia 02-22-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHockey (Post 43016349)
Forwards:
Alexander Jacob - Moncton Hawks: Great vision and an intelligent player. See's the ice very well and uses the players around him. Always dangerous and is tough. U14 and U15 and played some games with Major Midget Flyers.

Ryan Tompkins - North West Bulls: One of the fastest in NB, great skater and great hands. Type of player that contols the play when on the ice. U14 and U15 and has played some games with Major Midget Canadiens.

Francis Theriault - AP Senators: Fast and a great shot off the rush. Can get lost in his own end from time to time. U14 and U15

Jean Michel LeBlanc - Midget Major Saint John: Good offensive instincts but needs to work on defensive side of the puck. Has scored some goals lately and should get decent ice on a weak team. U14 and U15

Spencer Buck - KV Rangers: Strong skater, can find space in the offensive zone and is dangerous around the net. U14

Liam Conrad - Moncton Hawks: Seems to find the score sheet lots but doesn't wow you when watching him play. Would like to see him play without Jacob on his line to make his own space. U14

William Bower - RNS: Haven't seen him this year. Had a good weekend at the ACC. Plays better as a winger than as a center in my opinion. Tough player and is difficult to play against, could be a great defensive role player. U14 and U15

Kari Belec - Dieppe Flyers: Strong on puck and can play the physical game. Also has a scoring touch. Everytime I watch him I see flashes of great play but he could be more consistant. U15

Zach Adams - Dieppe Flyers: Obvious ommission of the East All-Stars, was injured some so that might have had something to do with it. Good winger, strong on the rush but uses a lot of energy in his stride. Doesn't tend to use the other players around him as often as he could. U15

Riley Scott - Northern Blackhawks: Good all around player, very consistant. Tends to lean to the physical side of the game but has good hands.

Tristan Young - Northern Blackhawks: Not really flashy but gets the job done.

Patrick Daley - D3 Caps: Great vision and uses other players well. One of the best setup guys in the league. U15

Defense:
Luc Deschene - Midget Major Fredericton: Strong and plays with a mean streak. Lots of exposure to top programs. U15 and U16 as an underager. Didn't have a great U16 weekend but has played pretty well this year with the Major Midget Canadiens.

Jake Vance - Notre Dame: Haven't seen him this year but in the ACC was a big part of the D core. Hard shot and can move the puck. Not the best skater but makes up for it in grit, great size. U14 and U15

Matt Paul - Notre Dame: Haven't seen him other than the ACC. Great skater and is fast. Good first pass and makes the odd rush. Looks light but as he fills out should be a good one. U14 and U15

Will Thompson - OHA: Another out of sight out of mind guy. Great size and good puck skills. Not as gritty as he could be with his size but he has a great awareness in his own end. Not as offensive as the others but very reliable around his own net. U14 and U15.

Chris Becker - OHA: Not seen him since ACC, great skater, good shot but can get running around in his own end at times. U14 and U15

Mitch Robinson - Moncton: Decent skater and plays with an edge. Good shot and can make a big hit to change the momentum of a game. Bit of a temper. U15

Jon Cloutier - North West Bulls: Probably on of the most under the radar guys. Good physical play and great shot. Can get into penalty trouble but he seems to be better this year than last at keeping control of his emotions.

David Comeau - D3 Caps: have seen him play some over the past couple of years, wasn't on my radar, but was one of the best DMen in the All-Star game. Not the prettiest skater but is very big and intelligent with the puck. Has also played some games with the Midget Major Canadiens.

Goalies:
Julien Galloway - Dieppe Flyers: Best numbers in the league, has the best defensive team in front of him too. Good movement and feet.

Derek Goguen - Moncton Hawks: Played great in the all-star game, has a good blocker and moves well. U14 and U15.

Tristan Meadows - D3 Caps: Bad numbers but has played well lately. Other than Comeau, the Caps are not very good defensively. Has good second and third effort saves.

Jarod Stone - North West Bulls: first year in AAA. Watched he and Tompkins steal a game away from Newbridge in the Salmon tournament. He is very raw but has lots of potential. Athletic player.

Max Landry - Dieppe Flyers: Solid goalie, not as big as the others but covers his angles well and is athletic.

Hugo Robichaud - AP Senators: Yes, I forgot about him. Big player but is slow compaired to these other guys. Good shot and reliable in his own end but not on the same level as the other dmen here.

Tyler Gunn: - Saint John Seadogs: Not at the same level as these guys yet either.

Guys, I've been reading your comments for a while and have to agree
with most of your names. Jacob, LeBlanc and Thompkins are by far the
top forwards in NB while Deschenes is by far the top D. I would add
Philip Myers from Mathieu Martin HS to you defense list. Big body that
can play good tough defensive game. For goalies, I agree with Galloway
and Goguen, but would add Frederick Foulem from Moncton Hawks AAA
ahead of other names. Big goalie with above-average technique. Top NB
players are amongst the top in Atlantic Canada. Should be good draft years.

NBHockey 02-23-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbsportsmedia (Post 44638735)
Guys, I've been reading your comments for a while and have to agree
with most of your names. Jacob, LeBlanc and Thompkins are by far the
top forwards in NB while Deschenes is by far the top D. I would add
Philip Myers from Mathieu Martin HS to you defense list. Big body that
can play good tough defensive game. For goalies, I agree with Galloway
and Goguen, but would add Frederick Foulem from Moncton Hawks AAA
before other names. Big goalie with above-average technique. Top NB
players are amongst the top in Atlantic Canada. Should be good draft years.

I haven't seen much HS this year and I knew Philip had gone that route, I think he played as a U14 but didn't go back for the 15's. He is a great dman, but no way to compare him without him playing in the same pool. Don't get me wrong, when he was playing with the others he was top notch, I expect he still is. Do you think he will go to Midget Major next year?

GM17* 02-23-2012 10:29 AM

Nice to see a KV boy on there since Beaulieu

nbsportsmedia 02-23-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHockey (Post 44701391)
I haven't seen much HS this year and I knew Philip had gone that route, I think he played as a U14 but didn't go back for the 15's. He is a great dman, but no way to compare him without him playing in the same pool. Don't get me wrong, when he was playing with the others he was top notch, I expect he still is. Do you think he will go to Midget Major next year?

I don't know but I hear he fits well with older HS players. He should be the top 97' D prospect for the Moncton AAA Majors.

NBHockey 02-23-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbsportsmedia (Post 44721565)
I don't know but I hear he fits well with older HS players. He should be the top 97' D prospect for the AAA Majors.

You would put him ahead of Robinson?

TonyTinglebone 02-23-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbsportsmedia (Post 44721565)
I don't know but I hear he fits well with older HS players. He should be the top 97' D prospect for the AAA Majors.

Deschenes is the top 97 D in NB after that is probably Vance, Paul, and Thompson.