HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1085933)

Rabbit 01-20-2012 08:18 PM

Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers

This is basically a thread to see what kind of market we have for our surplus of defensemen. We're log jammed, and nearly bone dry on offense. Whether we try to trade up and try to draft one in this upcoming draft, or acquire immediate, or soon to be ready help in the center position, we have a lot of prospects (mainly defense) that are not untouchable.

Assuming Oliver Ekman-Larsson is the future of our defense, I believe he stays put. Everyone else (and I'll even venture to say that Yandle may have a slim chance) could possibly be had for the right price. So I will list what most believe could be the expendable players, and if you want to make your offer for one, state the player you want your team to acquire, then present your proposal...because there are a lot of assets listed. This does not have to be limited to defenseman, if you want a current forward incleded in a deal, feel free to include them.

Brandon Gormley- Don't expect (or want) him to be moved, but not ruling out the possibilty.
David Rundblad- Same with Gormley
Maxim Goncharov- Very talented offensive defensemen who just cant crack the lineup due to defensive stack up.

Chris Summers- Quick, mobile, smart, offensive minded defenseman who was seasoned well in college. Could see him being a future 2nd pairing guy. Another victim to our log gam on defense.

Connor Murphy- Still young, talented and touted, but was drafted not by need, but by best player available.
Michael Stone- Big, mobile, 2-way defenseman who has a mean offensive mind set. This guys tore it up in the Juniors, could see him being a nice surprise.

Now on to the current roster players: I believe at this time our most untouchable piece on defense would be Klesla. Most may be surprised that I didn't say Yandle, but I believe that teams would want to overpay us for Yandle, and I can't say the same about Klesla. Plus, Klesla is an awesome anchor on the blue line.

Derek Morris- Has always been a solid player for our organization. Great leader, solid defensively, and a clutch offense. This year however, he does not seem to be a good fit with us. I see him as a possible attractive piece at the deadline for a team in search of a reliable defenseman with leadership.

Michal Roszival- Awesome defensively, and an untapped offensive streak. Great positioning, knows when to pinch, and makes good passes. The only thing stopping this guy from being an attractive piece at the deadline would be his contract.

David Schlemko- This guy came out of nowhere. Seriously. We signed as a free agent a whikle ago, and slowly but surely, he became one of our most dark horse players. He is underrated league wide in my opinion. Some people may not even know who he is, but I guarantee opposing GM's do. If I could compare him anyone, I would compare him to a poor man's Mike Green. My reasoning is because he is obvioulsy not as talented as Green, but he jumps into the play like no other. He comes out of nowhere and will just surprise the hell out of you. I believe that with more recognition this guy's talent would be well known.

Adrian Aucoin- Perfect deadline guy. Great defensivley, chips in with offense, smart passer, and great leader with an affordable expiring contract at season's end. I could see him being moved.

Last, but certainly not least..

Keith Yandle- I don't want him moved. I don't believe managment wants him moved, and I'm sure he is very content in Phoenix seeing as he signed a team friendly 6 year contract over the summer, but there could always be that one team who is willing to overpay, and it could be a deal too good to pass up. I'll say it again, I don't think he's going anywhere and nor do I want him to, I believe he is our future captain after doan retires, but if you feel your team needs him, and had the assetts to acquire him, then feel free to post your proposal.

Gagnefan924 01-20-2012 08:26 PM

A deal around Carter and OEL perhaps?

Kaibur 01-20-2012 08:41 PM

I'd like to see something like:

Morris or Aucoin to VAN for Ballard, then Ballard, LaBarbera & Murphy to Columbus for Brassard & Mason. This was thrown around before, and I think it makes some sense for all parties involved. Might need to tweak the offer to VAN a little, but would be an interesting threesome.

bbgarnett 01-20-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaibur (Post 42816275)
I'd like to see something like:

Morris or Aucoin to VAN for Ballard, then Ballard, LaBarbera & Murphy to Columbus for Brassard & Mason. This was thrown around before, and I think it makes some sense for all parties involved. Might need to tweak the offer to VAN a little, but would be an interesting threesome.

Yes it would be an interesting threesome and one I don't want to see :laugh:

seafoam 01-20-2012 08:51 PM

Derek Roy?

Winroba 01-20-2012 08:51 PM

VAN would definitely be interested in Aucoin

Altimus 01-20-2012 08:58 PM

Not to be a jerk, but why is Summers offensive minded, even in College, he's never broken 20pts in a season. Please give me some insight, obviously ive never seen him play, but his stats dont give me much to go on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Summers_(ice_hockey)

ducky 01-20-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 42815423)
A deal around Carter and OEL perhaps?

You didn't notice that OEL was the one Dman NOT listed as trade bait
:shakehead

Calad 01-20-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit3119 (Post 42814937)
Michal Roszival- Awesome defensively, and an untapped offensive streak. Great positioning, knows when to pinch, and makes good passes. The only thing stopping this guy from being an attractive piece at the deadline would be his contract.

Unless his play has changed dramatically in the past year, these are the reasons we wanted him out of NY. He was terrible positionally, caught out of position a bunch, and incredibly soft.

wubwubwubwub 01-20-2012 09:19 PM

Turris + 2nd for Yandle :nod:

Altimus 01-20-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan (Post 42818905)
Turris + 2nd for Yandle :nod:

C'mon dude, let's not be like that. And we dont have a second this year.

wubwubwubwub 01-20-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frea_K (Post 42819143)
C'mon dude, let's not be like that. And we dont have a second this year.

I'm just kidding around, its not like we really have anything to gloat about anyways. I just really really like Yandle, and I was joking about how Turris has been our #2C. Wasn't meant to be malicious and even if it was, its not like they lost the deal or anything. Still think Rundblad will be just as good.

Seto 01-20-2012 09:34 PM

Josefson for Schlemko?

punk_o_holic 01-20-2012 10:08 PM

Would love to get Yandle on the Blue Jackets. If Carter was the main piece coming back, would there be interest in him? Similar cap hit

or Brassard + for Yandle? What would the + be? Brassard is playing better after Arniel got fired. Unfortunetly for the Coyotes, the + can't be either Johansen or the 2012 first round draft pick in my opinion.
We also have Vermette but I don't think Coyotes would have any interest in him.

Top 6 Spaling 01-20-2012 10:49 PM

Morris and Aucoin sound like exaclty what Nashville needs. Unfortunetly, we have Legwand and Fisher for our top 2 centers, who we need badly, and then we have guys like Spailing and Smithson centering our lower lines, and they don't have the value to get a deal done. Is Spailing + picks/prospects enough for either?

Sweech 01-20-2012 10:55 PM

Is Boedker available?

Winnipeg has some extra D available.

dredeye 01-20-2012 10:59 PM

are you looking for immediate help or prospects or both? Just curious

MessierII 01-20-2012 10:59 PM

Shawn Horcoff for free

Todds Chiropractory 01-20-2012 11:01 PM

Any interest in something based around Schneider and Gormley in the offseason?

Edit: I know you asked for a center but I'm just curious

Rabbit 01-20-2012 11:11 PM

Sweech- I would say Boedker is an untouchable. He is our only forward prospect that has shown good, significant signs besides the traded Turris.

dredeye- I would say we're looking for both, but not necessarily a veteran. We would need a younger player to fill that position or our future at center is gone. That's why draft picks are welcome, this draft looks to be deep.

Canuckaholic19- to be honest, I was a supporter of bringing in Schneider in the offseason, but that's because I didn't think Smith could cut it. Smith may just be the bandage that holds our group together until our younger goalie prospects are ready for the big show.

zeus3007* 01-20-2012 11:14 PM

Horcoff for a cap dump and a pile of non-magic beans. He would fit in great in Phoenix...defensively responsible but offense is sparse. :)

dredeye 01-20-2012 11:41 PM

Would the Yotes have any interest in Hamill? I'm not expecting a kings ransom obviously but IMO he should be playing regularly but just won't get a chance in Boston. He's nhl ready and young. Likely not much more than a 3rd line centre though. He has the skill so who knows. I think he could flourish if he knew he had the opportunity. He's looked good in the games and limited ice time he's had this year for the Bruins.

Crede777 01-20-2012 11:52 PM

I think Vermette would be a good fit. He'd be worth a 2nd pairing defenseman or a good prospect. He's not a question mark like Brassard and CBJ wouldn't ask as much for him as they would Carter.

Who would the wingers be on the Coyotes' 2nd line?

Talks to Goalposts 01-20-2012 11:53 PM

How would you feel about a Desharnais for Gormley swap?

Flameshomer 01-20-2012 11:54 PM

Backlund+ for Gormley?
Backlund for Murphy +?