HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jets Game Worn Jerseys and Equipment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1086037)

blues10 01-20-2012 11:59 PM

Jets Game Worn Jerseys and Equipment
 
There is some really awesome Winnipeg Jets Game Worn equipment in the collections of Jets fans. This is the place to show what you have. Fans have Young Stars jerseys, pre-season jerseys, opening night jerseys and Set 1 jerseys. Jets fans also have sticks, gloves, helmets and other game used collectibles.

Perhaps you have WHA or original NHL Jets game used gear.

I was lucky enough to get Jets #1 pick Mark Scheifele's home #55 jersey worn during the Jets first win against the Penguins and other home games before he was sent back to junior.

Show off your Jets Game Used Gear Jets fans!:handclap:

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6427.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6426.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6428.jpg

bodybreak 01-21-2012 12:06 AM

I saw a guy buy Scheife's first pair of gloves he ever wore in the NHL for a cool $200.

tbsol 01-21-2012 11:49 AM

Where can you buy the game worn jerseys?

allan5oh 01-21-2012 12:42 PM

I'm wondering that myself. I've asked several times in the store and nobody has an answer.

Sec113 01-21-2012 12:54 PM

I've thought game worn jerseys wouldn't be available because they were property of the NHL.

blues10 01-21-2012 01:19 PM

Jets Gear employees can get overwhelmed at times, I recommend e-mail. My phone calls and in-store questions didn't get me very far.

Quote:

Exclusive to the Jets Gear St.Vital location, fans can purchase team-issued equipment used by your favourite Winnipeg Jets players, including sticks, gloves and hockey pants.


http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=601489


Some have also been available on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180787005822...84.m1438.l2649

cbcwpg 02-01-2012 07:22 PM

Picked up my GW Stuart Jersey today.

King Woodballs 02-01-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcwpg (Post 43418679)
Picked up my GW Stuart Jersey today.

From where and how much?

Sec113 02-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 43420647)
From where and how much?

Pat Lelliott
jetsgameworn@gmail.com

Zach Bogosian -$2000.00

Blake Wheeler -$2000.00

On the Stuart jerseys I have to wait until all the people on our request lists have been contacted as all his jerseys are currently spoken for. If one becomes available I'll let you know. Those are $1000.00 each.

King Woodballs 02-01-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sec113 (Post 43428295)
Pat Lelliott
jetsgameworn@gmail.com

Zach Bogosian -$2000.00

Blake Wheeler -$2000.00

On the Stuart jerseys I have to wait until all the people on our request lists have been contacted as all his jerseys are currently spoken for. If one becomes available I'll let you know. Those are $1000.00 each.

Dont worry about it
1000 for a jersey isnt in the budget at the moment

Sec113 02-01-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 43428867)
Dont worry about it
1000 for a jersey isnt in the budget at the moment

Lol. Me either. That was just part of the email he sent me. I think I'll start a collection of game used sticks instead.

blues10 02-02-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcwpg (Post 43418679)
Picked up my GW Stuart Jersey today.

Very nice jersey.

It is interesting that the tagging in the collar is different from the #55 jersey that I have. The #55 jersey has no Reebok tag.

broinwhyteridge 02-02-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 43428867)
1000 for a jersey isnt in the budget at the moment

Or at any time probably - that's simply a rediculous price.

blues10 02-02-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDz (Post 43449915)
Or at any time probably - that's simply a rediculous price.

For those that collect game worn jerseys the price is actually reasonable. The Jets opening night jerseys and Set 1 and innagural season jerseys are pretty unique. Here is a recent sampling of NHL game worn jersey sales from the auctions at nhl.com.

2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #19 Brad Richards - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $3620.00 - Closed

173671272 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #24 Ryan Callahan - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $3740.00 - Closed

173671271 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #10 Marian Gaborik - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $4544.00 - Closed

173671243 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #18 Marc Staal - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $2370.00

cheswick 02-02-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blues10 (Post 43450449)
For those that collect game worn jerseys the price is actually reasonable. The Jets opening night jerseys and Set 1 and innagural season jerseys are pretty unique. Here is a recent sampling of NHL game worn jersey sales from the auctions at nhl.com.

2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #19 Brad Richards - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $3620.00 - Closed

173671272 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #24 Ryan Callahan - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $3740.00 - Closed

173671271 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #10 Marian Gaborik - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $4544.00 - Closed

173671243 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic - New York Rangers - #18 Marc Staal - Beige Game-Worn Jersey $2370.00

I guess different people have different definitions of reasonable.

IMO if your a fan of these players and want a piece of it go for it, if you're buying this stuff hoping to score huge in 20 years with appreciation, I don't see it happening.

blues10 02-02-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 43452007)
I guess different people have different definitions of reasonable.

IMO if your a fan of these players and want a piece of it go for it, if you're buying this stuff hoping to score huge in 20 years with appreciation, I don't see it happening.

I agree, some of the $1000 Jets jerseys will realize some appreciation but there is not much room for price increases on the $2000-$2500 jerseys. They are nice to have on the basement wall or wear while watching the Jets game and enjoying some pops.

Unless someone turns into a player like this.:laugh:


1980-81 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Game Worn Jersey - Photo Match
Lot #1

Current price:

$37,974.99

Starting bid:

$10,000.00

Bids:

15

Closed. Bidding Closed

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/prod...-3952-101.html

cbcwpg 02-02-2012 12:51 PM

It's just about what people like to collect and why. Me, I like collecting a piece of history and passing it on, it's not about making money.

$400 - $500 is the low end of what it would cost normally for a, let's say run-of-the-mil player. So the Jets jerseys are $1000 low end, but you have to remember that this is season #1 and there will never be another first season. It is a special piece of history.

jwesthky 02-02-2012 08:38 PM

I agree, it's a special piece of history. An authentic jets jersey runs you $400, so I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask $1000 for a rugged blue liner who's a leading shot blocker in the league. Also, as mentioned, they're Inaugural season jerseys.

blues10 02-04-2012 09:13 PM

Here is a Young Stars Jersey.

Ben Chiarot #63

Quote:

Prospect Grade: 6.0 D

Talent Analysis


At 6'2, 210 lbs, Chiarot has prototypical NHL size and this year he showed he was willing to throw it around. He has some offensive game but he's never going to be an elite offensive weapon. Rather his hallmarks are defensive play and physicality. Chiarot must improve his positioning which sometimes causes him to take penalties or allow opponents scoring opportunities. And like most young players who play an aggressive style, hasn't yet mastered the balance between being aggressive and undisciplined.


Future


Rewarded with an entry level deal, Chiarot had a strong training camp in 2011 and will be expected to make room for himself on the Jetsí AHL affiliate in St. Johnís. Much more than an enforcer, Chiarot is showing nice progression as a steady third pairing defender.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ben_chiarot


It would be nice if he eventually played for the Jets but I really like the jersey, especially that these were the first jerseys to represent the re-birth of the Jets.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6515.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6516.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_6517.jpg

SaskBlades 02-05-2012 11:59 AM

I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a jersey.

jwesthky 02-20-2012 12:55 AM

Kesler jets WHA tribute
 
2 Attachment(s)
Here's my newest editions to my game worn collection.

blues10 02-20-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwesthky (Post 44487417)
Here's my newest editions to my game worn collection.

Very nice. That is an awesome looking jersey!:handclap:

DickM 02-20-2012 10:09 PM

I have a Lyle Moffat game-played sweater with a 1986 Montreal Olympics patch on the shoulder hanging in my home office.

Not for sale, but it'd be interesting to know if it has ANY value ...

blues10 02-20-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickM (Post 44533525)
I have a Lyle Moffat game-played sweater with a 1986 Montreal Olympics patch on the shoulder hanging in my home office.

Not for sale, but it'd be interesting to know if it has ANY value ...

It is probably in the $500- $600 range but could be worth more depending on what someone was willing to pay. It sounds like a very nice jersey.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/prod...ey-723-20.html

jwesthky 02-22-2012 10:44 PM

Does anyone have any Inaugural game jerseys for trade or sale?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.