HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Injury Report: Toews (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1086893)

Blackhawkswincup 01-21-2012 09:15 PM

Toews
 
Hopefully it isn't something serious

Cullksinikers 01-21-2012 09:22 PM

Whatever happened last night was probably reaggrevated. They may have just let him sit for the third down three to not have anything further happen. I wouldn't rule out Tuesday. Guy is a warrior.

Blackhawkswincup 01-21-2012 09:25 PM

If he is being sat for precaution then they should just sit him for Tuesday and have him stay away from ASG to heal

moose vasko 01-21-2012 09:58 PM

One and five in the dot tonight for the best face-off man in the league. Kinda suggests all's not right with Jonny. I think it would be a great test of the team's character to see what they can do on Tuesday if he has to sit. Don't want him hurt for long, but I'd love to see that.

RomersWorld* 01-21-2012 10:00 PM

Predators' announcers were so clueless. All 3rd period they kept mention Q was switching up the lines but didn't notice Toews wasn't playing.

They said "Bolland up on the top line now. Q switching things up" like 3 times and then said "wow Q is trying anything right now, he is mixing up the lineup quite a bit to spark the team" like 4 times.

LandofLincoln 01-21-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 42880415)
If he is being sat for precaution then they should just sit him for Tuesday and have him stay away from ASG to heal

good point...I'm thinking if he goes to the all-star game he takes only a few shifts at this point.

Illinihockey 01-21-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 42880415)
If he is being sat for precaution then they should just sit him for Tuesday and have him stay away from ASG to heal

Even if he plays Tuesday, he should take off all star game weekend. Big road trip following and we need all hands on deck

LandofLincoln 01-21-2012 10:29 PM

Ho Ho
Rockford all the way!!!
If Toews sits

Stalberg--Pirri--Kane
Shaw--Bolland--Hossa
Brunette--Kruger--Hayes
Bickell--Mayers--Frolik
Smith

BiBoFro* 01-21-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 42885021)
Ho Ho
Rockford all the way!!!
If Toews sits

Stalberg--Pirri--Kane
Shaw--Bolland--Hossa
Brunette--Kruger--Hayes
Bickell--Mayers--Frolik
Smith

I could get on board with this... except for Bickell...

Godlike13 01-22-2012 12:19 AM

If Teows is out, why not try

Stalberg-Kane-Hossa
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik
Brunette-Bolland-Hayes
Bickell-Mayers-Smith

I know, i know, Kane. But it worked for a bit early on, and maybe, just maybe, it could fine that groove again.

Blackhawkswincup 01-22-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godlike13 (Post 42891667)
If Teows is out, why not try

Stalberg-Kane-Hossa
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik
Brunette-Bolland-Hayes
Bickell-Mayers-Smith

I know, i know, Kane. But it worked for a bit early on, and maybe, just maybe, it could fine that groove again.

Basically 1 line team

Godlike13 01-22-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 42891737)
Basically 1 line team

Brunette-Bolland-Hayes has been pretty good of late, so not really. No one is gonna be able to replace Toews, and Sharp being out on top of that is big hits. But what are u gonna do. In the best of a bad situation if Kane and Hossa could find the groove they had early on, it could be workable as a first line.

BiBoFro* 01-22-2012 12:31 AM

Let's see if Coach Q can alter the system to work in our favor without two of our stars like Bylsma was able to do with his depleted cast.

RFIP 01-22-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godlike13 (Post 42891667)
If Teows is out, why not try

Stalberg-Kane-Hossa
Shaw-Kruger-Frolik
Brunette-Bolland-Hayes
Bickell-Mayers-Smith

I know, i know, Kane. But it worked for a bit early on, and maybe, just maybe, it could fine that groove again.

Frolik on the 2nd line? Really? The guy just....can't....score....period. IMO he will not be on this team next year. He's another guy Foley & E.O. try to constantly pump up with faint praise because he just....can't....score....period.

Bubba88 01-22-2012 09:23 AM

some words about him already?

Illinihockey 01-22-2012 09:25 AM

Didn't the Wings have a couple of players suspended because they chose not to go to the all star game to rest some injuries?

Adrian05 01-22-2012 09:26 AM

Q: "We'll know more over the next day or so. He didnt finish, upper body and we'll say day-to-day."

Bubba88 01-22-2012 09:30 AM

upper body day-to-day... I hate this.

in other words the slash he took hurt his wrist

BobbyJet 01-22-2012 09:36 AM

Crisp and company were oblivious as is usual. Hard to believe he has coached in this league and the other guy kept getting Hayes and Shaw mixed up. Not a word about Toew's absence. Ant the feed was so poor from Tennessee, with no HD available, couldn't even tell if he left the bench.

Was he even on the bench in the 3rd?

Illinihockey 01-22-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 42899791)
Crisp and company were oblivious as is usual. Hard to believe he has coached in this league and the other guy kept getting Hayes and Shaw mixed up. Not a word about Toew's absence. Ant the feed was so poor from Tennessee, with no HD available, couldn't even tell if he left the bench.

Was he even on the bench in the 3rd?

No, he wasn't

HawksFan74 01-22-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinihockey (Post 42899523)
Didn't the Wings have a couple of players suspended because they chose not to go to the all star game to rest some injuries?

I don't believe so, how can you suspend a player that is actually injured.

Illinihockey 01-22-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 42901997)
I don't believe so, how can you suspend a player that is actually injured.


Datsyuk was selected to his third NHL All-Star Game in 2009, but because of a hip injury he did not attend. However, as per a new league policy that states players must demonstrate injury by missing at least one game prior to the All-Star Game, Datsyuk was suspended one game, along with teammate Nicklas Lidström, for not attending.

xX Hot Fuss 01-22-2012 12:14 PM

Well Toews is probably sitting before the ASG anyway so he won't be suspended.

If that rule is true it's incredibly stupid

brtriad 01-22-2012 01:23 PM

Missed the game. What happened to Toews? His shoulder from the other night?

Blackhawkswincup 01-22-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtriad (Post 42909393)
Missed the game. What happened to Toews? His shoulder from the other night?

Yeah seems to have reaggravated whatever injury was


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.