HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal: Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1087161)

Habaneros 01-22-2012 07:32 AM

Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street?

How about it?

Yes it would take money to redo it over, but GreenBay Packer fans just raised 250 million of there own pocket money, to revamp Lambeau field .

The Habs need to go back home.The Montreal Forum is home .
Let them fill the Bell Centre with concerts 365 days a year, and the Montreal Forum exclusively for Montreal Canadiens.

The entire inside was gutted, everything could be put in new per 2012,the outsides of the building could be totally updated.
If the roof needed to be raised to add extra seats ,luxury boxes etc fine.

That building on 2313 Saint Catherine Street, is the Montreal Canadiens,it's what made the Montreal Canadiens.
We lost our souls when we left.
Like Fenway park is the Red Sox and Wrigley Field is the Cubs,these fans don't want a new park!It's so much more than baseball....

If the Olympic stadium can get a billion dollars worth of ROOFS,
and they can revamp BC Place into a Gem as they just did ,the Montreal Forum needs to be brought back as Montreal Canadiens HOME,even if it cost 600 million to do it .

BUILDINGS TODAY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 40 YEARS ANYWAYS,look at Edmonton Calgary for example...

Think about it , I personally would be willing to do what the Packers fans just did to bring back our home ....

What's everyone else think about moving back to the our home lands?

SeriousHabs 01-22-2012 07:41 AM

It will be significantly smaller than the Bell. No.

shutehinside 01-22-2012 07:46 AM

I think it's a great idea to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to move a team 10 blocks because of "nostalgia."

JohnnyB11 01-22-2012 07:48 AM

No - current location is fine, what a colossal waste of money and energy that would be. The past is the past, leave it there where it belongs.

Corncob 01-22-2012 08:05 AM

Not sure how a building can be considered the same building if the insides are 'totally gutted' the outsides are 'updated' and the roof is raised.

Is it the actual geographical co-ordinates that are special?

Davebo 01-22-2012 08:11 AM

I am in favour of a dedicated ice surface for the Habs, though. The ice in today barns sucks big time. If they (NHL) want increased scoring, then stop messing up the frigging ice by covering/uncovering all the GD time.

And **** economics - this is the Habs ;)

Teufelsdreck 01-22-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habaneros (Post 42897743)
How about it?

Yes it would take money to redo it over, but GreenBay Packer fans just raised 250 million of there own pocket money, to revamp Lambeau field .

The Habs need to go back home.The Montreal Forum is home .
Let them fill the Bell Centre with concerts 365 days a year, and the Montreal Forum exclusively for Montreal Canadiens.

The entire inside was gutted, everything could be put in new per 2012,the outsides of the building could be totally updated.
If the roof needed to be raised to add extra seats ,luxury boxes etc fine.

That building on 2313 Saint Catherine Street, is the Montreal Canadiens,it's what made the Montreal Canadiens.
We lost our souls when we left.
Like Fenway park is the Red Sox and Wrigley Field is the Cubs,these fans don't want a new park!It's so much more than baseball....

If the Olympic stadium can get a billion dollars worth of ROOFS,
and they can revamp BC Place into a Gem as they just did ,the Montreal Forum needs to be brought back as Montreal Canadiens HOME,even if it cost 600 million to do it .

BUILDINGS TODAY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 40 YEARS ANYWAYS,look at Edmonton Calgary for example...

Think about it , I personally would be willing to do what the Packers fans just did to bring back our home ....

What's everyone else think about moving back to the our home lands?

Sheer idiocy, comparable to going back to trans-Atlantic sailing ships or waiting for the late Roget Doucet to sing the national anthems. The address didn't create the dynasty, the Habs made the address memorable.

Ozymandias 01-22-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habtacular (Post 42898127)
Not sure how a building can be considered the same building if the insides are 'totally gutted' the outsides are 'updated' and the roof is raised.

Is it the actual geographical co-ordinates that are special?

Because ghosts tend to follow lay-lines... :sarcasm:

Is Molson a Freemason? Cue ominous tune.

Le Tricolore 01-22-2012 08:55 AM

The Bell Centre is a much, much nicer place to watch a game in.

Aurel Joliat 01-22-2012 09:06 AM

It's unreal.

But I miss the Montreal Forum so much. It's the Home of the true Canadiens players, builders and fans.

The Bell Centre looks like a nightclub

Toastman 01-22-2012 09:20 AM

Only if Gomez donates his salary to rebuild it

Garry Valk 01-22-2012 09:51 AM

Let's do this.

Protest the Hero 01-22-2012 10:33 AM

Just hire some crazy person who chases imaginary floating dead people for a living to bring the ghosts to the Bell Centre, problem solved.

Turtleneck Plek 01-22-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 42901241)
Just hire some crazy person who chases imaginary floating dead people for a living to bring the ghosts to the Bell Centre, problem solved.

:laugh:

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpr...nter-spoof.jpg

"Oh my god, did you hear that?!"

CTHabsfan 01-22-2012 10:42 AM

I think we may be on to something here! Scott Gomez not scoring, draft picks that don't pan out, trades that flop for the Canadiens, Saku Koivu's cancer- all Bell Centre's fault!!!!!!

Em Ancien 01-22-2012 10:42 AM

Someone writes an article about the Habs leaving the Forum being the start of the decline.

Random Habs poster some days later : Hey guys, derp.

:shakehead

Garry Valk 01-22-2012 10:44 AM

Seriously guys, it's 11:43 now. 1:30, bring some screws, nails, hammers, saws, an electric drill if you have one, and let's do this. We can be done before it gets dark.

Turtleneck Plek 01-22-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Valk (Post 42901553)
Seriously guys, it's 11:43 now. 1:30, bring some screws, nails, hammers, saws, an electric drill if you have one, and let's do this. We can be done before it gets dark.

Part of the stands is already in place! No big deal!

Young Gun 01-22-2012 11:53 AM

The pass is coming back to haunt the habs ! Should have never never moved from that place. It was and still can be a place like no other in this world.

I never sit foot in the place because i don't live anywhere near montreal, but to me, growing up, the old form had to be the very best stage in the world to play the game of hockey.

You don't tear up history, you can't up and move history. Build it again, buy back all those same seats and parts of the old dressing room fixture's where the great hockey player's and fans gave their all and was rewarded many times over with stanley cup rings.

Tearing apart that building was like ripping the heart out of a champion and it's fans.
Not everything in life should be about the dollar.

Le Tricolore 01-22-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat (Post 42899087)
It's unreal.

But I miss the Montreal Forum so much. It's the Home of the true Canadiens players, builders and fans.

The Bell Centre looks like a nightclub

Let's say the Bell Centre never existed, and they still played at the Forum.

What goes on at the Bell Centre to make it "like a nightclub" as you say, would be going down at Atwater as well. Would be the same thing only a few blocks away..

Pleky Roks 01-22-2012 01:08 PM

Dumbest thing I've ever heard of!!!!

ThaDevilGirl 01-22-2012 01:11 PM

No. Bonaventure/Lucien-l'Allier > Atwater.

Bell Centre is fine.

Price My Man Crush 01-22-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 42897867)
I think it's a great idea to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to move a team 10 blocks because of "nostalgia."

This + kthxbye.

FlyingKostitsyn 01-22-2012 01:19 PM

You guys should fix the roads instead.

I know Montrealers don't like advices coming from Quebec city, but it is really nice to have nice roads!

(PLEASE don't respond to this post in inflammatory ways, I'm semi-joking)

buddahsmoka1 01-22-2012 01:24 PM

What is it with Habs fans and their freakish living in the past mentality.