HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   WHL On Shaw TV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=108781)

Nielson81 10-15-2004 02:13 AM

WHL On Shaw TV
 
I think it is a great combination...the WHL and Shaw TV.

It will be good to be able to see some of the games top young players on a more regular basis. What do others think about it?

Unbiased Canadian

Avery4Byng* 10-15-2004 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
I think it is a great combination...the WHL and Shaw TV.

It will be good to be able to see some of the games top young players on a more regular basis. What do others think about it?

Unbiased Canadian

I love it. I am glad we also just dont see the Rockets here in Kelowna, I like seeing 2 other teams goin at it for a change.

Orv 10-15-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
I think it is a great combination...the WHL and Shaw TV.

It will be good to be able to see some of the games top young players on a more regular basis. What do others think about it?

Unbiased Canadian


I'm pumped. I know that Shaw is doing a few games here in Lethbridge. I just hope that they can find a better announcer than they have right now. :lol :D

montreal 10-15-2004 08:28 PM

Anyone interested in taping Prince Albert games? I have tons of games from RSL, NCAA, QMJHL, OHL, AHL to trade.

Avery4Byng* 10-16-2004 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Anyone interested in taping Prince Albert games? I have tons of games from RSL, NCAA, QMJHL, OHL, AHL to trade.

any fight tapes?

Mr.Hat 10-17-2004 07:37 PM

Problem with the Shaw TV and WHL thing is people like myself that have satellite can't watch the games since Bell Expressvu only deals with the major networks.

Hordichuk_24 10-20-2004 02:12 AM

Is there a list of WHL games that are going to be on TV?

Lard_Lad 10-20-2004 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Is there a list of WHL games that are going to be on TV?

BC games

Alberta (or just Calgary?) games

Hordichuk_24 10-20-2004 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lard_Lad

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Is there a specific channel these games will be on?

Lard_Lad 10-20-2004 09:03 PM

Shaw's 'community programming' channel, I guess, whichever one that is.

Zetterberg4Captain* 10-20-2004 09:46 PM

Does anyone know when there going to televise some Blades games?

Rooselk 10-23-2004 12:58 PM

We have five teams in the US Division. One would think that one of the regional sports networks here would televise some of the WHL games. To my mind it's just ridiculous that they don't. :mad:

Emerald City Bruin 10-23-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooselk
We have five teams in the US Division. One would think that one of the regional sports networks here would televise some of the WHL games. To my mind it's just ridiculous that they don't. :mad:

When someone starts selling out games, then you'll see them on regional tv. They would lose too much money to show a game that they still need to sell tickets to. Also, if anything, the club would have to buy the time as opposed to the other way around. Just not cost effective.

Rooselk 10-23-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
When someone starts selling out games, then you'll see them on regional tv. They would lose too much money to show a game that they still need to sell tickets to. Also, if anything, the club would have to buy the time as opposed to the other way around. Just not cost effective.

I am not suggesting that they start by broadcasting home games with unsold tickets available. Instead, broadcast the away games. For instance, if the T-Birds were playing in Spokane the game could be broadcast in the Seattle market. Chiefs games in Seattle would be broadcast in the Spokane market, etc. Rather than hurt ticket sales, broadcasting the away games might actually help ticket sales for the home games. If I were a T-Bird fan I'd love turn on my television to see the away games in Portland.

montreal 10-23-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
any fight tapes?



just games, but perhaps I could put together a fight tape. I have over 50 games on tape from last season (mostly OHL, NCAA, QMJHL, AHL)

Emerald City Bruin 10-23-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooselk
I am not suggesting that they start by broadcasting home games with unsold tickets available. Instead, broadcast the away games. For instance, if the T-Birds were playing in Spokane the game could be broadcast in the Seattle market. Chiefs games in Seattle would be broadcast in the Spokane market, etc. Rather than hurt ticket sales, broadcasting the away games might actually help ticket sales for the home games. If I were a T-Bird fan I'd love turn on my television to see the away games in Portland.

Portland would rather have you actually go though. I think they know that, especially this year with the Birds doing so well, that some people will make the trip rather than just listen on the radio. And as a T-Bird fan, you know how many Hawks there are in our seats. That mean $$$ coming in not going out. Along with that, the games that would build the most excitement are the ones you wouldn't see. TRI and SPO, SEA and EVT, SEA and POR, EVT and VAN, etc. Those are all rivalry games with teams that are within very reasonable driving distances of each other.

Don't get me wrong. It'd be a great idea. In fact, Seattle being on Prime Sports NW is what got me to be a fan in 1990, and I've been there ever since. But with attendance and incomes what they are, it's just not going to happen anytime soon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.