HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Derek Roy to the Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1088047)

markisonfire 01-23-2012 02:12 AM

Derek Roy to the Kings

What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings? That would allow Richards to play wing with Kopitar. I would imagine that Buffalo is looking for some younger players to retool with? Something around Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez, and a pick?

Value could be way off here and I'm not too sure of Buffalo's needs.

JohnnyDuck93 01-23-2012 02:15 AM

Why does LA need
Kopitar
Richards
Roy
down the middle?If anything you guys should go for a winger.

The Zetterberg Era 01-23-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 42953871)
What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings? That would allow Richards to play wing with Kopitar. I would imagine that Buffalo is looking for some younger players to retool with? Something around Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez, and a pick?

Value could be way off here and I'm not too sure of Buffalo's needs.

They will want a center something your system isn't very strong in. Loktionov is too good really to include from an LA prospective and it is a long drop off all the way to Nick Shore.

The Zetterberg Era 01-23-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 (Post 42953899)
Why does LA need
Kopitar
Richards
Roy
down the middle?If anything you guys should go for a winger.

He put in the post pretty clearly to move Mike Richards to wing, now I agree that would probably never happen, but in that scenario I guess it fixes your question about wanting wing help.

markisonfire 01-23-2012 02:49 AM

I just don't see many viable options on the wings for the Kings. Carter or Nash from Columbus? Hope that a Parise-type UFA finally wants to come to LA? I won't hold my breath. But a solid second line center to the team? Now we're talking, since Richards has played wing plenty before. As Darryl Sutter has stated, Richards got Crosby going in the Olympics. The Kings could certainly add Jarret Stoll to the equation. Trevor Lewis and Brad Richardson also play center. The Kings' center depth would be crazy, that's for sure. But if Richards moves to the wing, you'd have Kopitar - Roy - Loktionov down the center (or Stoll, whatever). Still pretty damn good.

Jooce81 01-23-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 42953871)
What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings?

At this point, a bag of used pucks will do... :naughty:

Roy does have value I just want him off of this team ASAP

stonedhenge 01-23-2012 07:01 AM

How about Roy+Stafford+pick for Kopitar. Richards takes over the 1st line, Roy is very good 2nd line center, Stafford top 6 winger and Kings get another pick. Kopitar would bring new energy to Buffalo + he would look good with Vanek on his wing.

alpine4life 01-23-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedhenge (Post 42955813)
How about Roy+Stafford+pick for Kopitar. Richards takes over the 1st line, Roy is very good 2nd line center, Stafford top 6 winger and Kings get another pick. Kopitar would bring new energy to Buffalo + he would look good with Vanek on his wing.

OUCH!

that one is brutal. You would have to include Myers or Vanek (+) in a deal involving Kopitar.

start winnin 01-23-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpine4life (Post 42955841)
OUCH!

that one is brutal. You would have to include Myers or Vanek (+) in a deal involving Kopitar.

It's about as brutal as OP's offer for Roy. :laugh:

La Cosa Nostra 01-23-2012 07:50 AM

See this is the problem with trading players after a bad 50 games, Roy the past 5 seasons scores 70+ points or at that pace and now people think he will be traded for mediocre prospects?!? Roy has high value still stop offering scrubs .

Zoidberg Jesus 01-23-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 42956437)
See this is the problem with trading players after a bad 50 games, Roy the past 5 seasons scores 70+ points or at that pace and now people think he will be traded for mediocre prospects?!? Roy has high value still stop offering scrubs .

The reason the bad season is being "blown out of proportion" in the eyes of Sabres fans is that this bad season is coming on the heals of a catastrophic, season ending injury. People won't offer fair value until he proves there are no lingering effects from that injury.

For the OP, how about Semin? He's really turned it around under Hunter, going 7-10-17 in 22 games under him. Semin for LA's 1st?

funky 01-23-2012 08:15 AM

Richards looked horrid on wing with Kopitar. They kept running into each other. Leave Roy in Buffalo and go after Carter who does look good on wing and can shift back to center if needed.

Nose of Sutter 01-23-2012 08:44 AM

Richards wasn't good when he was on Kopi's wing, I'd save the assets to trade for a winger.

Capn Brown 01-23-2012 09:51 AM

How about Stoll, Penner, Martinez, and a 2nd for Stafford & Roy?

Stoll's having a crappy season.

Penner's having a **** season.

Stafford's having a crappy season.

Roy's having a crappy season.

Maybe those four players just need a change of scenery for things to go?

Martinez is our 7th defenseman who's very good offensively.

Zip15 01-23-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 42959521)
How about Stoll, Penner, Martinez, and a 2nd for Stafford & Roy?

Stoll's having a crappy season.

Penner's having a **** season.

Stafford's having a crappy season.

Roy's having a crappy season.

Maybe those four players just need a change of scenery for things to go?

Martinez is our 7th defenseman who's very good offensively.

Nah, Buffalo can get a better package for those two, even if they have to make separate deals. We don't need more #5-#7 defensemen--we have more than we can shake a stick at--and Stoll and Penner are impending UFAs. Pass.

Crazy8oooo 01-23-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 42953913)
They will want a center something your system isn't very strong in. Loktionov is too good really to include from an LA prospective and it is a long drop off all the way to Nick Shore.

I don't understand this...You're asking for a solid/proven #2 center, yet Loktionov is too good to include? Why would Buffalo make a trade unless something of value is going back to them?

Reminds me of all the horrible trade proposals being thrown around for RPG..."take our second tier players and our impending UFA's for your elite/star players". Sounds fair to me...

WhoIsJimBob 01-23-2012 01:27 PM

If I'm the Sabres GM, I'm asking about Weal, Toffoli, and a pick for Roy.

SFKingshomer 01-23-2012 01:31 PM

No need to overpay for Roy with Kopitar/Richards/Loktionov. Stafford seems like a good fit if Sutter can wake him up.

Zal 01-23-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 42968925)
If I'm the Sabres GM, I'm asking about Weal, Toffoli, and a pick for Roy.

Yeah, no go. Those are the only 2 promising prospects, other than Forbort, the Kings have to look forward to.

We don't need Roy but we do need a great winger.

WhoIsJimBob 01-23-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zal (Post 42969615)
Yeah, no go. Those are the only 2 promising prospects, other than Forbort, the Kings have to look forward to.

We don't need Roy but we do need a great winger.

How do you expect to get a roster NHLer without giving up a promising prospect?

Just curious.

sba 01-23-2012 02:35 PM

As a side note, Roy played his best hockey in a Sabres uni as a LW with Drury and Grier in the 05-06 playoffs.

BKR 01-23-2012 02:45 PM

Roy also has a workable cap hit at $4mil per, thru 2013.

Zal 01-23-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 42970543)
How do you expect to get a roster NHLer without giving up a promising prospect?

Just curious.

Why would we start with Roy? The Kings aren't winning the Cup anytime soon, so why not allow the kids to get a shot at making the roster? I have high hopes for the Vey, TT, and Forbort. They can't do much worse than many of our current starters.

Roy isn't what the Kings need, they need scorers.

lakai17 01-23-2012 03:35 PM

throw Roy on the 1st line with Kopitar, that should open up the scoring.