HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Helping a British Ranger wanting to come to MSG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1088119)

Belfast Ranger 01-23-2012 08:50 AM

Helping a British Ranger wanting to come to MSG
 
Hi guys, I'm a ranger from Northern Ireland, read these boards for ages and now joined up, I know first post requests aren't great but my brother and I are planning a trip to New York to catch a few NYR games in mid March (11th v Islanders, 13th v Canes, 15th v Penguins are my preffered 3) and I was looking for some help and advice from fellow Rangers.

I have a couple of questions and any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure of the exact ticketing policies for NHL games (there isn't quite the same demand for Northern Irish soccer and Hockey games!!):

1. Are all tickets generally sold for March games by now or do more become released closer to the game?
2. It seems to me that the ticket exchange is best way for me to get tickets, can you pick these tickets up at the Garden or are they posted?
3. Specifially for any Euro Rangers who go over - is is possible to buy tickets for Ranger games on the internet or do you have to have a US address.

Thanks alot for any answers and other help anyone can give me, I really hope I can get this sorted, been wanting to come over for years but could with University commitments. Thanks guys and apologies to mods if I have put this in wrong place

AJRanger 01-23-2012 09:21 AM

You can buy them online and print off the paper tickets. That's what I've done when I've gone to games in the US/Canada/Europe.

Belfast Ranger 01-23-2012 09:25 AM

Thanks, buy from the ticket exchange you mean?

Piodale 01-23-2012 09:34 AM

As a fellow Euro, I can at the very least give you some idea about how I have gone about it. Living in Central America, I go through New York whenever I go back to and from Europe, thus affording me the chance to catch a Rangers-match at least a couple of times a season. See answers below.

I have a couple of questions and any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure of the exact ticketing policies for NHL games (there isn't quite the same demand for Northern Irish soccer and Hockey games!!):

I bet - at least not since Fleury was playing in Belfast ;)

1. Are all tickets generally sold for March games by now or do more become released closer to the game?

Better to get solid info from someone else in the know. But my guess is that tickets against the Islanders and Pens might be hard to come by once we get closer to the match-days.

2. It seems to me that the ticket exchange is best way for me to get tickets, can you pick these tickets up at the Garden or are they posted?

I have not used Ticket Exchange myself. Pretty much always using Ticketmaster. And those tickets are always available for pick up at the Will Call Window (remember to bring print out of reciept as well as picture ID) up until one hour before the puck drops. For us none-Americans, this is often the only way Ticketmaster offer pick ups.

3. Specifially for any Euro Rangers who go over - is is possible to buy tickets for Ranger games on the internet or do you have to have a US address.

Its absolutely possible without have an American address - at least through Ticketmaster as described above. Never any problems with the +30 purchases I have made over the years.

The only big negative is that TM tags on a lot of fees. So while they claim to sell tickets at face value, the price actually is a fair bit higher. So if money is a big concern, you might want to look at other places. I usually go with TM due to never having had any problems, and as I only go to a couple of matches a year these days, I am okay paying a bit extra in order to not being all stressed about what might go wrong.

I hope it works out for you guys and that you will have a great time. New York is a fantastic city to visit, and its of course an amazing experience going to see the Rangers at the Garden.

Calad 01-23-2012 11:05 AM

Use the ticket exchange or stubhub. You can print them out right at your home computer or if you get them off the ticket exchange i think you can use will call. I would buy the tickets sooner rather than later.

NYRFAN218 01-23-2012 11:18 AM

Outside of the expensive seats in the lower bowl, the seats are all sold. Cheaper seats may become available upstairs closer to the game but I doubt it. You can probably get the tickets for around the same price anyway on Ticket Exchange or Stubhub.

For the TicketExchange, you pay with a credit card then they email you the tickets which you print out at home.

blueshirtbolt 01-23-2012 11:24 AM

what about ye! Greetings from another norn irish fan. Try stubhub.com or ticketmaster. Ticketmaster i think you can order and then collect from box office much the same way as a giants match.

Belfast Ranger 01-23-2012 11:37 AM

Thanks alot guys for all responses, really helpful, gonna book it tonight then using the ticket exchange, great to hear I can print off the tickets, saves all hassle of delivery/pickup can't wait for the games now, great to get help and hear from more euros (and another NI Ranger!)

Soks45 01-23-2012 12:31 PM

Stubhub in my experience is your most reliable place to find tickets at reasonable prices. for the record what I always do (although i live in manhattan so its simpler for me) is go to the stubhub storefront which i believe is on 40th between broadway and 6th or thereabouts. and you can sit there and watch the ticket prices drop and drop as the game gets closer and closer. i usually by my seats about 10 minutes before gametime and get the actual ticket right at the desk there. also if you by tickets beforehand that are not email deliverable you can pick them up at this location as well

NYRFAN218 01-23-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soks45 (Post 42966045)
Stubhub in my experience is your most reliable place to find tickets at reasonable prices. for the record what I always do (although i live in manhattan so its simpler for me) is go to the stubhub storefront which i believe is on 40th between broadway and 6th or thereabouts. and you can sit there and watch the ticket prices drop and drop as the game gets closer and closer. i usually by my seats about 10 minutes before gametime and get the actual ticket right at the desk there. also if you by tickets beforehand that are not email deliverable you can pick them up at this location as well

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. Good to know for future reference. Only thing I've noticed of late with Ranger tickets is that they tend to be more expensive then StubHub than on the TicketExchange and that's not including the fees. TicketExchange only charges you a two dollar per ticket reissuing fee while with Stubhub you have to pay 10 percent of each ticket plus the shipping or printing fee.

Fallenity 01-23-2012 02:24 PM

Another ice hockey fan coming from Europe, more specifically Finland, to NY and decided to use this chance to see my first live NHL game. More specifically, the last regular game of the season, Washington @ Rangers, 7.4 3 pm. Came here to ask some of the same questions as above, but was spared from making a new thread =)

Rangers being one of my more favorite teams in the East (especially after 24/7, that show gave your team a lot of good rep!), should be a real experience!

Some further questions:

1) How much earlier do you have to arrive at MSG before the game begins? How big are the crowds usually (esp. against Washington) and how well is the MSG planned, so that you get fast to your seat etc..

2) I've been thinking of getting seats from the 300 -level, since they seem to be in my price level (between $100 and $150). Are they good seats? Which section on the 300-level has the best view? In Finland, stadiums usually have specific seats for opponent fans and home fans, same here? Don't want to end up at the wrong place =D

Sorry for the long questions, want to be properly prepared when I finally get to see nhl live!

eco's bones 01-23-2012 02:52 PM

A number of good Irish bars in close vicinity to MSG by the way.

NYRFAN218 01-23-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallenity (Post 42972055)
Another ice hockey fan coming from Europe, more specifically Finland, to NY and decided to use this chance to see my first live NHL game. More specifically, the last regular game of the season, Washington @ Rangers, 7.4 3 pm. Came here to ask some of the same questions as above, but was spared from making a new thread =)

Rangers being one of my more favorite teams in the East (especially after 24/7, that show gave your team a lot of good rep!), should be a real experience!

Some further questions:

1) How much earlier do you have to arrive at MSG before the game begins? How big are the crowds usually (esp. against Washington) and how well is the MSG planned, so that you get fast to your seat etc..

2) I've been thinking of getting seats from the 300 -level, since they seem to be in my price level (between $100 and $150). Are they good seats? Which section on the 300-level has the best view? In Finland, stadiums usually have specific seats for opponent fans and home fans, same here? Don't want to end up at the wrong place =D

Sorry for the long questions, want to be properly prepared when I finally get to see nhl live!

1. Depends on what you wanna do once you're in the arena. Do you want to see warmups? Do you wanna buy things at the team store? For warmups, it starts a half an hour before the game so 2:30 you'd want to be down by the ice. If you're looking to go to the team store, get there as soon as the gates open at 2:00 as it'll sure to be crowded since it's the final game of the year on a Saturday afternoon. If you just wanna get to your seats in time for puck drop, I'd say get to the arena a quarter to 3. Once you get to the arena, it won't take you long to get to your seat. MSG is in the middle of a three year renovation so it will be a little bit of a hassle to get to your seats depending where you sit but in the lobby they have directions where to go so it shouldn't be too difficult as long as you follow those.

2. There are no seats for specific fans, whatever Caps fans you see in the building will be spread out through the building unless they bought them in groups. For what the best section is, it depends on preference really. I like the center ice 300's since I always try to be center ice when going to a game but the new end zone 300's are nice as well as they are higher which gives you a better angle of the action plus they have TV's in the section so you can see replays on controversial plays and whatnot.

Fallenity 01-23-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 42975287)

2. There are no seats for specific fans, whatever Caps fans you see in the building will be spread out through the building unless they bought them in groups. For what the best section is, it depends on preference really. I like the center ice 300's since I always try to be center ice when going to a game but the new end zone 300's are nice as well as they are higher which gives you a better angle of the action plus they have TV's in the section so you can see replays on controversial plays and whatnot.

TV's in the seating area? Really? o.O Do they have them integrated into the seats or just one screen per section..? I'm not used to that kind of luxury! :help:

I usually like to follow the whole ice action and thus choose center seats, but I imagine MSG is a very big arena, so how's the visibility from the center parts of the 300-level?

I'd at least be interested in seeing the warmups, if they're open for the general public? I've always understood it's only in some cases or if you've won some prize etc...

redfzn 01-23-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallenity (Post 42976743)
I'd at least be interested in seeing the warmups, if they're open for the general public? I've always understood it's only in some cases or if you've won some prize etc...

Pre-game warmups are open to the public.

NYRFAN218 01-23-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallenity (Post 42976743)
TV's in the seating area? Really? o.O Do they have them integrated into the seats or just one screen per section..? I'm not used to that kind of luxury! :help:

I usually like to follow the whole ice action and thus choose center seats, but I imagine MSG is a very big arena, so how's the visibility from the center parts of the 300-level?

I'd at least be interested in seeing the warmups, if they're open for the general public? I've always understood it's only in some cases or if you've won some prize etc...

Yeah they built new elevated 300's seats behind the goals as part of the renovation that will be apart of the new upper bowl next year. They're built in to the railing in front of each seat in the first row but they are viewable from the entire section since there are only 5 or 6 rows in those sections.

You will have an extremely good view of the ice from the center 300's. My seats are in the first row of the 400's which is just beyond the end of the 300's and it is a great view. The only thing is it's not that elevated so you're pretty low. That's different then most arenas and you may run into a problem if someone tall is sitting in front of you and this is being fixed with the renovations as the new upper bowl will be steeper thus creating better sightlines

As for warmups, you might be thinking about the practices at their training center on offdays which is closed to the public. Warmups are open for anyone to go down by the ice to watch them. The only area you can't go in is the event level suites which is for obvious reasons. Other than that, you can go down by the ice and watch them but you have to return to your seats as soon as they're over.

Fallenity 02-06-2012 03:58 PM

I just wanted to thank you all who took a moment to answer my questions and apologize to the OP for hijacking his thread =P

I finally bought seats in 115 section, since my brother wanted us to be closer to the action then 300 or 400-line. I hope the reg. season ender will be a good matchup and the Caps will be fighting for a playoff / home spot just to spice things up. Rangers obviously will be in the top 3!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.