HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Chris Tanev Re-Assigned to Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1088519)

Royal Canuck 01-23-2012 05:46 PM

Chris Tanev Re-Assigned to Chicago
 
Media Release: Chris Tanev has been re-assigned to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL - http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=613242

Chris played very well while he was up though, do you guys think like me and think he shouldve had a couple more games with the Canucks?

Mr. Canucklehead 01-23-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 (Post 42979929)
Media Release: Chris Tanev has been re-assigned to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL - *******/wc7CIP

Chris played very well while he was up though, do you guys think like me and think he shouldve had a couple more games with the Canucks?

I don't think the Canucks had a choice - combination of Salo coming back (too many healthy bodies?) and trying to keep as much cap space free as possible in advance of the trade deadline conspired against Tanev. He'll be back at some point soon, he looked better than a lot of our current depth guys have.

DjFraser 01-23-2012 05:48 PM

He gets more ice time with the wolves plus PP time.

Hes fine in the NHL but he could be better if we dev him more.

xtr3m 01-23-2012 05:49 PM

The Wolves are playing here in Abbotsford tomorrow and on Wednesday.

Royal Canuck 01-23-2012 05:52 PM

I would like to see Tanev play the Salo role on the PP and see how he fares though. it's not like I dont like Salo, I just like Tanev a lot.

arsmaster 01-23-2012 06:14 PM

Tanev can get 2 games in as the go-to guy in front of all the Canucks brass in Abby for the next two games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they called him right back after the two Wolves games in Abby.

canuck4life16 01-23-2012 06:19 PM

too bad he is a better option than Sulzer/Rome who should be gone next year.....Tanev should definately make the team next year full time...

Royal Canuck 01-23-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmaster (Post 42981237)
Tanev can get 2 games in as the go-to guy in front of all the Canucks brass in Abby for the next two games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they called him right back after the two Wolves games in Abby.

Hoping.
http://gifs.gifbin.com/082011/131339...at_begging.gif

David71 01-23-2012 07:26 PM

was hoping tanev sticks a bit longer. but due to cap and salo coming back makes sense. for the first time in a long time, van has 9 healthy dman.

VinnyC 01-23-2012 07:33 PM

This kind of situation is when having Alberts stick around on a 1-way contract stinks.

Hopefully we'll see more Tanev after the deadline.

LeftCoast 01-23-2012 07:36 PM

They were likely going to send him down for the All Star Break anyways. With Salo returning that would make 9 healthy defensemen. Someone had to go, and Tanev can be sent down without clearing waivers.

PRNuck 01-23-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck4life16 (Post 42981521)
too bad he is a better option than Sulzer/Rome who should be gone next year.....Tanev should definately make the team next year full time...

Boy are you in for a surprise! :P

David71 01-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyC (Post 42986497)
This kind of situation is when having Alberts stick around on a 1-way contract stinks.

Hopefully we'll see more Tanev after the deadline.

and maybe alberts has his bags packing too.:yo:

arsmaster 01-23-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRNuck (Post 42986981)
Boy are you in for a surprise! :P

I dont know about that.

Rome has bided his time in the NHL and has proven to be a solid depth defensman. The Canucks would love to keep him, but I dont think Rome is in the position to take a hometown discount.

Teams will give him $$$ and term as UFA IMO.

JAK 01-23-2012 07:56 PM

Watch us all surprised with Rome getting a $10m/4 year contract!

Because seriously, GMMG is due for a bad move.

VinnyC 01-23-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAK (Post 42988349)
Watch us all surprised with Rome getting a $10m/4 year contract!

Because seriously, GMMG is due for a bad move.

Mitchell walking/trading 1st + Grabner for Ballard, bro.

Karl Hungus 01-23-2012 08:01 PM

I thought Tanev looked good. Good quickness for a larger player and he made good plays with the puck. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him on the Canucks.

Ronaldo 01-23-2012 08:05 PM

Tanev looked really good. Hopefully come playoff time we see more of him.

flack 01-23-2012 08:16 PM

In my opinion he is a better choice over Alberts, Ballard, Sulzer or Rome.

0123456789* 01-23-2012 08:25 PM

I dont understand the hate for Rome, he been incredible this year and done all that you could ask of him. I would love to see him back and I cant believe some people seem to try and compare him to Hamhuis or Bieksa or Edler or Salo or even Ballard.

My only concern with retaining Rome would be that he is playing for a contract this year, the most important one in his career and maybe his last.

Flik 01-23-2012 08:28 PM

He'll be back after the deadline. Very excited to see him join the big club next year, full time. :)

B-rock 01-23-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck4life16 (Post 42981521)
too bad he is a better option than Sulzer/Rome who should be gone next year.....Tanev should definately make the team next year full time...

Tanev was good enough to make the team full time this year, but Gillis has stated that they want him to develop as much as he can in the minors. He only played one year in college before playing half a year in the minors and half with the Canucks last year. They know he's going to be good, he already is, but for him to reach his max potential the more minutes he gets in the minors the better. It's pretty much a given he'll be on the team full time next year.

JAK 01-23-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyC (Post 42988627)
Mitchell walking/trading 1st + Grabner for Ballard, bro.

Getting Hamhuis, Malholtra from FA. Higgins and Booth trades, combining with retaining Bieksa, Lapierre, Hansen, Salo and Higgins to great deals.

I think GMMG has done more good than harm since that trade.

I would not be one bit surprised if Rome does end up with a multi-year deal, 6th/7th dman long term anchor.

Samzilla 01-23-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Hungus (Post 42988671)
I thought Tanev looked good. Good quickness for a larger player and he made good plays with the puck. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him on the Canucks.

If by larger you mean taller, then yes.
If by larger you mean big body, then no.

VinnyC 01-23-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAK (Post 42993023)
Getting Hamhuis, Malholtra from FA. Higgins and Booth trades, combining with retaining Bieksa, Lapierre, Hansen, Salo and Higgins to great deals.

I think GMMG has done more good than harm since that trade.

I would not be one bit surprised if Rome does end up with a multi-year deal, 6th/7th dman long term anchor.

Was just pointing out a bad move. Obviously it's far outweighted by his other moves that off-season but the team would've likely been better without it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.