HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Best section in the 400's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1089143)

Traderalways 01-24-2012 09:57 AM

Best section in the 400's
 
I have recently sat in section 410 for a few games... Great people and a nice goal line view of the action... Seems like same people go to every game... Anyone else have any other opinions of 400 sections they enjoy sitting in????

pjdude 01-24-2012 10:25 AM

418... Miss you guys.....POTVIN SUCKS.. WHO CARES!!!!!! Lmao..LGR.

trueblue9441 01-24-2012 11:02 AM

section 420.. have had a great group around me since i got seasons 6 years ago

BlueShirts88 01-24-2012 11:14 AM

I've been trying to relocate to the 400's for the longest time...but nothing is ever available :(

Stugots 01-24-2012 11:15 AM

I've been in 426/427 for the 6-7 games I've gone to this season. Good sections, not too many douchers.

Bardof425* 01-24-2012 11:19 AM

425. Great view. Knowledgeable group and enemy fans aren't that common; we show up. Been there 19 years.

wolfgaze 01-24-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 43024451)
425. Great view. Knowledgeable group and enemy fans aren't that common; we show up. Been there 19 years.

I sit there too (but only go to about 7 or 8 games a year). Excellent view...

Where you at the Rangers/Pens game last week? With that drunk idiot in his late teens who couldn't handle his liquor? First he got up and cheered for the Pens first goal... Then later he's chanting let's go Rangers... Then he's passing out in the back row with his head against the rail and wakes up to start cussing off those of us in the row in front of him wearing jerseys... "**** Gaborik, **** Del Zotto, **** Lundqvist"... His girlfriend was embarrassed.

Jabroni 01-24-2012 11:41 AM

West Balcony, behind one of the nets.

Outstanding view.

irishlaxburger2 01-24-2012 11:42 AM

I loved my time in 425. Great crowd and a pretty solid view.

Glen Teflon Sather 01-24-2012 11:47 AM

Insert your own section thread

NYRFAN218 01-24-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder (Post 43025909)
Insert your own section thread

Pretty much.

Love our seats in 405. Great view since we're in the first row and right on the blue line, have the visiting teams radio broadcast in front of us so we have the TV's there too to look at, a lot of good people surrounding us, and we have rowdy people in the area too.

silverfish 01-24-2012 12:18 PM

My only time in the 400s I sat in 414, this season, wasn't impressed with the people around me...was very quiet.

Limited view seats, but I'd imagine in that section, row A would be one helluva view if you don't mind sitting behind one of the goals.

I'd like to try other sections in the 400s in the near future.

Traderalways 01-24-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 43024451)
425. Great view. Knowledgeable group and enemy fans aren't that common; we show up. Been there 19 years.

I sat in 425 for a game this year... Really nice view!

skroob** 01-24-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 43027381)
My only time in the 400s I sat in 414, this season, wasn't impressed with the people around me...was very quiet.

Limited view seats, but I'd imagine in that section, row A would be one helluva view if you don't mind sitting behind one of the goals.

I'd like to try other sections in the 400s in the near future.


I sit in 414. The issue with the fans is, most of the time, that is where they dump the "group sales" packs, so there are a lower number of STHs there. The reason i stay is the view. dead-on with the goal, which is the way the game is meant to be seen, as if you are a player. You see the plays develop better, all the sooting and passing lanes, etc. I dont like watching hockey from the side. It does not feel right. You are 90 degrees from the plays.

For example, when all the numb-nuts are yelling "shoot!" its because they cant see the lane. From where i sit, i can, and you see the entire path the puck must take to get to the net, and if its clear or not. From the side, the view is "flat" and you dont have the Depth of Field to see it the same way.

And yes, if you are in the first 2-3 rows, the obstruction is not much of an issue.

JanErixon20 01-24-2012 12:38 PM

I had tickets in 404 for a few years. Lots of loudmouths there. I miss my seats but I don't miss them.

TonyTheGr8 01-24-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 43026445)
Pretty much.

Love our seats in 405. Great view since we're in the first row and right on the blue line, have the visiting teams radio broadcast in front of us so we have the TV's there too to look at, a lot of good people surrounding us, and we have rowdy people in the area too.

I'll be in those seats tonight, thanks to you kind sir. :yo:

I sat in 422 a few times last year and the seats we're great. Center Ice and can see everything perfectly. I sat in 406 a few years ago but too close to the TV booth..you couldn't see anything when they would go in the corners.

Traderalways 01-24-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 (Post 43028625)
I'll be in those seats tonight, thanks to you kind sir. :yo:

I sat in 422 a few times last year and the seats we're great. Center Ice and can see everything perfectly. I sat in 406 a few years ago but too close to the TV booth..you couldn't see anything when they would go in the corners.

422 is a nice view... But it's not center ice....

patnyrnyg 01-24-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 43023555)
section 420.. have had a great group around me since i got seasons 6 years ago

except for last year's home opener when I nearly had to teach some idiot some manners.

Crease 01-24-2012 12:53 PM

Behind the nets are pretty good but if you're not in the first three rows you won't be able to see the puck under the goal line on the near side. The proximity from 412-420 to the WB makes it worth it though, quick beer lines and good spot to stretch your legs and shoot the **** between periods.

Personally I'd rather be between the blue lines facing the benches (basically a higher angle TV view).

TonyTheGr8 01-24-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traderalways (Post 43028687)
422 is a nice view... But it's not center ice....

Haha..ok, so it's not exactly center, but it's close enough!

blue425 01-24-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 43024451)
425. Great view. Knowledgeable group and enemy fans aren't that common; we show up. Been there 19 years.

I haven't been up there as long.

But what he said.

trueblue9441 01-24-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 43028817)
except for last year's home opener when I nearly had to teach some idiot some manners.

i wasnt there right?

Cliffy1814 01-24-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder (Post 43025909)
Insert your own section thread


Unless you sit in the back rows of sections 412 - 415 where you can't see the scoreboard or stand up because of the West Balcony. Those are brutal.

Anyone a STH in those sections/rows? I heard the Garden (after people complained) gave them a sweet deal. I heard they could keep those seats at 50% discount OR take seats in 100's for normal cost of 400's for this season only.

Any truth to that?

Calad 01-24-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traderalways (Post 43028687)
422 is a nice view... But it's not center ice....

I have seasons in 422, it is directly on the blue line. To say this is not center ice is really splitting hairs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanErixon20 (Post 43028325)
I had tickets in 404 for a few years. Lots of loudmouths there. I miss my seats but I don't miss them.

I'd like to echo that. The people in 404 are obnoxious, avoid this section at all costs.

Drewbackatu* 01-24-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traderalways (Post 43020749)
I have recently sat in section 410 for a few games... Great people and a nice goal line view of the action... Seems like same people go to every game... Anyone else have any other opinions of 400 sections they enjoy sitting in????

Yep, right next door; section 411 rules!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.