HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Last week of March - seriously? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1089149)

wadesworld 01-24-2012 10:02 AM

Last week of March - seriously?

We better build up a lead before then.

Saturday: Winnipeg
Sunday: @Chicago
Tuesday: @St. Louis
Friday: @Detroit
Saturday: Chicago

Wow. 6 points out of that would be great. Anything more than that would be ridiculous.

PredsV82 01-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 43020935)
We better build up a lead before then.

Saturday: Winnipeg
Sunday: @Chicago
Tuesday: @St. Louis
Friday: @Detroit
Saturday: Chicago

Wow. 6 points out of that would be great. Anything more than that would be ridiculous.

hey, gotta be able to beat the best in their house or you can forget advancing in the playoffs.

I think a 4/5 matchup between us and chicago(or st louis) is very possible so this will be a nice tune up...

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 43022457)
hey, gotta be able to beat the best in their house or you can forget advancing in the playoffs.

I think a 4/5 matchup between us and chicago(or st louis) is very possible so this will be a nice tune up...

I want it to be us and St. Louis

TMI 01-24-2012 10:44 AM

Be careful what you wish for. A Blues fan defended his team's three losses to us by saying something like, "yeah but we dominated those games" :naughty:

We might win the series, but the Blues will dominate us the entire time ;)

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 43022613)
Be careful what you wish for. A Blues fan defended his team's three losses to us by saying something like, "yeah but we dominated those games" :naughty:

We might win the series, but the Blues will dominate us the entire time ;)

haha I dunno i just feel like they are our best match up.

I don't want San Jose, Canuckleheads, Chicago, or detroit..

predfan98 01-24-2012 10:56 AM

not the blues.......

PredsV82 01-24-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 43022509)
I want it to be us and St. Louis

if we get the Blues I want it to be the 2/7 or 1/8 matchup with us on top :yo:

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predfan98 (Post 43023247)
not the blues.......

why not?

I could easily see a 4/5 with us and St. Louis. I think we have superior goaltending, superior, coaching, and a much better blue line. I would feel very confident with a matchup with them.

TMI 01-24-2012 11:08 AM

I think we could beat the Blues, but I have ulterior reasons for hoping we don't see them in the play offs.

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 43023879)
I think we could beat the Blues, but I have ulterior reasons for hoping we don't see them in the play offs.

oh do tell

TMI 01-24-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 43023931)
oh do tell

I'll give you a hint. It's the same reason I don't want to see a rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Final only to a lesser degree ;)

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 43024033)
I'll give you a hint. It's the same reason I don't want to see a rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Final only to a lesser degree ;)

Your a closet blues and canucks fan :amazed:

TMI 01-24-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 43024427)
Your a closet blues and canucks fan :amazed:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

:sarcasm:

No, not even close :laugh:

Actually I don't think it would be too bad unless someone threw a questionable/dirty hit. It's just our two fan bases kind of rub each other the wrong way, and all it takes is a heated play off series with a couple of dirty incidents to ignite it. Kind of like what we saw with Anaheim, only the two sides really did like each other before the puck dropped.

I think we could take any team in a seven game series, btw. Healthy, that is. Health is going to be THE key moving forward. If we are going to survive the rest of this schedule, go into the play offs still running on all cylinders, and win a round or two the line up has to be healthy. We're running with enough kids as it is right now.

token grinder 01-24-2012 11:57 AM

Why are we afraid of those teams? DO they have a brick wall in net? Do they have the best Canadian defeneman chewing up 30 min a game in the playoffs? do they have the best American defenseman chewing up 30 min a game? do they have top six forward nick spaling?

thought so. they should fear us.

wadesworld 01-24-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 43026401)
Why are we afraid of those teams? DO they have a brick wall in net? Do they have the best Canadian defeneman chewing up 30 min a game in the playoffs? do they have the best American defenseman chewing up 30 min a game? do they have top six forward nick spaling?

thought so. they should fear us.

I'm not afraid of them, but that's a tough week for any team.

ROFL at Nick Spaling. :)

Nitrous Mafia 01-24-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 43024657)

Actually I don't think it would be too bad unless someone threw a questionable/dirty hit. It's just our two fan bases kind of rub each other the wrong way, and all it takes is a heated play off series with a couple of dirty incidents to ignite it. Kind of like what we saw with Anaheim, only the two sides really did like each other before the puck dropped.

That sounds like a great reason to WANT to play them.

token grinder 01-24-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 43026933)
I'm not afraid of them, but that's a tough week for any team.

ROFL at Nick Spaling. :)

it is tough yeah, but they have to play us too. I think we are at a point where we can stop putting teams on a pedastal around here. We aren't the bluejackets. we have talent. we may have more talent than some of those teams. I can make a great arguement that we are better than detroit and chicago or any other team in the league outside of maybe Boston and Vancouver.

TMI 01-24-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brah (Post 43027943)
That sounds like a great reason to WANT to play them.

It's just a matter of perspective I suppose