HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Brad Stuart may re-sign with Sharks in summer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1089279)

LadyStanley 01-24-2012 12:22 PM

Brad Stuart may re-sign with Sharks in summer

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...g-to-san-jose/

Hates being separated from family in SJ.

Lazyking 01-24-2012 12:25 PM

Wouldn't mind the move if older defensemen come off the books as well.. Stuart is solid.

Mhoogasian94123 01-24-2012 12:28 PM

WOW a player that misses his family goes to a team that's near his family...NEVER heard of that before. :sarcasm:

magic school bus 01-24-2012 12:30 PM

If DW still overpays him, he is the worst negotiator in the league.

VP and GM 01-24-2012 12:33 PM

He's one ex-sharks i would not mind having back.

Jeff Norton anyone :-)

Kitten Mittons 01-24-2012 12:40 PM

That means Murray will be traded.

SharksAddict 01-24-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 43028407)
That means Murray will be traded.

I'd be fine with that. Stuart is a much more complete d-man.

Iron Chef 01-24-2012 12:43 PM

If the motivation is to move closer to home, that really limits his options, which means he'll likely take a pay cut to do it. I'm sure DW will do it if he can. I don't think White is getting an extension. Would love to see Stuart take his place. He'll be a great leadership add to the team.

Kitten Mittons 01-24-2012 12:48 PM

Burns-Vlasic
Boyle-Stuart
Demers-Braun
Petrecki-Irwin
Wallin

Wedontneedroads 01-24-2012 12:49 PM

Wouldn't mind this at all. Stuart was always one of my favorite Sharks.

bleedteal12 01-24-2012 01:03 PM

Gotta say, I wouldn't object to this at all. Would add good leadership and veteran presence, and he already knows Marleau, Clowe, and Murray (wow, strange those are the only three left from that season!) so there's that. Would be neat to have him back in teal.

SJeasy 01-24-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmarleautime (Post 43029527)
Gotta say, I wouldn't object to this at all. Would add good leadership and veteran presence, and he already knows Marleau, Clowe, and Murray (wow, strange those are the only three left from that season!) so there's that. Would be neat to have him back in teal.

Veteran status does not equal leadership. Please cite specific examples of leadership if you want to claim a player as having it. Peers acknowledging his support/mentorship, role modeling, etc. That sort of thing.

bleedteal12 01-24-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 43029645)
Veteran status does not equal leadership. Please cite specific examples of leadership if you want to claim a player as having it. Peers acknowledging his support/mentorship, role modeling, etc. That sort of thing.

I'm aware veteran status doesn't equal leadership (e.g., Wallin), thank you.

And I could be wrong in saying Stuart has both, I'm not saying I'm the arbiter of truth. It's simply my inference. I don't have citations (nor, honestly, do I feel like going back to 2005 to search for them), just my opinion.

Oppa 01-24-2012 01:18 PM

Do it DW

SJeasy 01-24-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmarleautime (Post 43030131)
I'm aware veteran status doesn't equal leadership (e.g., Wallin), thank you.

And I could be wrong in saying Stuart has both, I'm not saying I'm the arbiter of truth. It's simply my inference. I don't have citations (nor, honestly, do I feel like going back to 2005 to search for them), just my opinion.

I do have rumor-based counterexamples. The fact that he was the one being shopped at the time of the JT trade is a huge clue and not a rumor.

hockeyball 01-24-2012 01:22 PM

It's a good option if DW wants to send Murray out now if the Wings are willing to send Stuart for a 4th rounder or something now. Or send Murray to the wings now for Stuart + a player or something.

Nighthock 01-24-2012 01:25 PM

why wait?

TheDanceOfMaternity 01-24-2012 01:25 PM

Tbh it was a long time ago but I never remember thinking he was that good when he was here. And give Murray to the wings?? Really?

Gilligans Island 01-24-2012 01:25 PM

I'd definitely be up for signing Stuart. Agree it'd make Murray expendable. He could be packaged up in the offseason to get us a top 6 fwd.

If Stuart's willing to take a discount, I'd sign him at Murray's cap hit ($2.5m on a 2 year deal). If Stuart wants a 3 year deal, then a $2.25m cap hit.

hockeyball 01-24-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity (Post 43030498)
Tbh it was a long time ago but I never remember thinking he was that good when he was here. And give Murray to the wings?? Really?

lol, I'm just saying if it got us a forward + stuart it might make sense. Obviously sending him elsewhere would make more sense.

Gilligans Island 01-24-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 43030324)
I do have rumor-based counterexamples. The fact that he was the one being shopped at the time of the JT trade is a huge clue and not a rumor.

You're basing this off possible rumors from 6 years ago? We don't need a captain-level leadership (not that JT is the epitome of a captain) - likely just someone to take Murray's spot as the 4/5 dman...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 43030374)
It's a good option if DW wants to send Murray out now if the Wings are willing to send Stuart for a 4th rounder or something now. Or send Murray to the wings now for Stuart + a player or something.

No way. Deal Murray to the East.

If DW wants to trade Murray at the TDL and replace him with Stuart, then he should trade a 7th. Not like the Wings - nor any team besides the Kings or Ducks - have much leverage here. We'd just wait until the offseason.

bleedteal12 01-24-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

First of all, someone being shopped doesn't mean they're a locker room problem (Heatley going to Minnesota for instance); they could be simply a victim of circumstance or what the other team desired. Honestly, do any of us really know what goes on in the locker room? Not really.

Second of all, who says he hasn't developed into one? If he were an issue here, he very well could have changed his attitude. You're basing your vitriol based on rumors from six years ago.

Lastly, this is a pointless argument. There was no reason to pick out such a negligible, subjective part of my response.

bigwillie 01-24-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

I think it also had to do with the fact that Stuart wasn't the same player after the Shelley hit. How his leadership qualities factored in I don't know, but I assume that played a big part.

stalockrox 01-24-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmarleautime (Post 43030822)
First of all, someone being shopped doesn't mean they're a locker room problem (Heatley going to Minnesota for instance); they could be simply a victim of circumstance or what the other team desired. Honestly, do any of us really know what goes on in the locker room? Not really.

Second of all, who says he hasn't developed into one? If he were an issue here, he very well could have changed his attitude. You're basing your vitriol based on rumors from six years ago.

Lastly, this is a pointless argument. There was no reason to pick out such a negligible, subjective part of my response.

He's doing something right seeing as the Wings are wanting to talk contract extension with him.

I wouldn't mind Stuart coming back in the off season for a reasonable price (around $2mil).

Hold the Pickles 01-24-2012 01:57 PM

That'd be great, we could use a scorpio on the team. Wouldn't want to ditch Douglass though