HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fantrax League Topic #2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1089511)

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:28 PM

Fantrax League Topic #2

The 2011-2012 regular season winner is JVR21!
The 2011-2012 playoff champion is JVR21!

Tanking

Tanking, otherwise known as purposely losing for the purpose of getting a good draft pick, is not forbidden. However, if I notice that too many teams are tanking too heavily in any season then I will have to consider forbidding it.

Although tanking is not forbidden, I do expect any and all teams to put out a full active roster daily. If I notice that that's not happening then you will be replaced.

Keepers

Number of keepers is eight total and there is no requirements for who those keepers have to be. So, using a purely hypothetical and ridiculous example, you could keep eight goalies or eight forwards or eight d-men if you wanted to. Doesn't matter.

Also, all prospects (with the maximum being 10) are included as automatic keepers in addition to your other eight. So make sure anyone under 82 games played is in your minors as long as you have room for them. If you don't have room for them in your minors then you'll have to use a keeper spot on them if you want to keep them. Fantrax, at the time of this writing, does not have a method of keeping all prospects at the moment so you must tell me who your prospects are when keepers are submitted as I'll have to add them to your roster manually.

Roster Setup

The roster setup is going to be the same as the NHL except with more reserve spots. The active roster is as follows:

4 C/4 LW/4 RW/6 D/2 G

Plus five reserve spots for a total of a 25 man roster. There is no limit on the number of players you can have at any position.

Draft Picks and the Draft

Prospect picks will never be able to be traded. It's simply too much extra stuff for me to keep track of and I don't trust anyone else to do it for me. However, picks for the pro draft are allowed to be traded up three years in the future. There is no rules on draft pick hoarding.

Prospect draft will last five rounds and will always be held directly after the real NHL draft. 24 hour time limit on picks currently. Remember that there is an 82 or less regular season games played requirement on players to qualify as a prospect and that, if you have the max of 10 prospects already, you must drop one to draft one.

The pro draft and prospect drafts will be held separately after the NHL draft and free agency respectively. Our prospect draft will always have a lottery. The lottery will work as follows; the number of entries you will have in the lottery will be your position in the standings. So, for instance, if you're 12th place out of 12 then you will receive 12 entries in the lottery and if you're 1st place out of 12 then you will receive 1 entry and so on and so forth. If you have a full 10 man prospect roster then, in the prospect draft, you can choose to either skip all your remaining picks or drop a prospect favor of a newly drafted prospect. Your choice.

The pro draft will not have a lottery and instead people will choose their place in the draft starting from the bottom of the standings and working our way upwards to first place.

Both drafts are and will always be serpentine.

Prospects

*RULE CHANGE AS OF 10/29/2011*

This is how the prospect system will function:

There is a minimum number of 0 minor league players and a maximum number of 10. Players qualify for minor league status if they have played under 82 NHL games. Simple as that.

All Other Rules

All other rules can be found on the Fantrax site under "league settings".

Beef Invictus 01-24-2012 05:30 PM

My team caught "The Virus" after a strong start.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:32 PM

Last topic didn't get to a 1000, but w/e. That last one was more meant for the draft anyhow.

There's two users that haven't been on since 2011. Seriously considering contracting the league by two to four teams depending on how many inactive users we have at the end of the season. Anybody disagree with this?

Some of the players on these two teams include:

Lundqvist
Keith
Hodgson
Benn
E. Kane
P. Kane
Gaborik
Boyle
Weber
Yandle
Huberdeau
Lupul
Enstrom
Semin
Lucic
Miller

And many more. So it's kind of annoying that so many great players belong to inactive users at the moment.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43042325)
My team caught "The Virus" after a strong start.

Or maybe your team just sucks.

:sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 01-24-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 43042415)
Or maybe your team just sucks.

:sarcasm:

I think we should compare our records :sarcasm:

Prongo 01-24-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 43042389)
Last topic didn't get to a 1000, but w/e. That last one was more meant for the draft anyhow.

There's two users that haven't been on since 2011. Seriously considering contracting the league by two to four teams depending on how many inactive users we have at the end of the season. Anybody disagree with this?

Some of the players on these two teams include:

Lundqvist
Keith
Hodgson
Benn
E. Kane
P. Kane
Gaborik
Boyle
Weber
Yandle
Huberdeau
Lupul
Enstrom
Semin
Lucic
Miller

And many more. So it's kind of annoying that so many great players belong to inactive users at the moment.

I would kill to have some of those players god damn it!

Beef Invictus 01-24-2012 05:40 PM

Dibs on Lundy.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:45 PM

I need help with some basic math here. If I want half the team in the playoffs, for a total of 8, how many rounds does it last? Three or four? Sorry but I'm having a huge blonde moment here.

Also, JVR, I sent you a trade proposal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 43042727)
I would kill to have some of those players god damn it!

Same. The thought of Lundqvist made me salivate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43042845)
Dibs on Lundy.

No u.

Was thinking the prospect draft and free agent draft would go in reverse order of the standings and the dispersion draft (to disperse the players from these inactive teams) would go in order of the standings so that it's fair for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43042589)
I think we should compare our records :sarcasm:

I'm tanking. You're not really sucking when you're sucking on purpose. :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 01-24-2012 05:50 PM

I think that's three rounds?

Edit: Also, should there be a lottery for the top 3 picks?

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43043317)

Yeah I did the math in my head and it is.

Half the teams make the playoffs in this league now. Which means there's three teams tied for the 8th spot right now. Exciting.

Prongo 01-24-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43042845)
Dibs on Lundy.

That was the only player I really even noticed on the list lol.

wow there really is some really good players on that list. Be gone with those teams and disperse their players among the active teams now!

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43043317)

Edit: Also, should there be a lottery for the top 3 picks?

I was thinking no, but I'm a bit biased since I'm heading straight for 1st overall. I'm welcome to hear everyone's opinion on it, but nobody has really stepped up and given their opinion on anything yet.

JVR21 01-24-2012 05:54 PM

I wouldn't mind Lundy.

JVR21 01-24-2012 05:56 PM

Also, if there are 3 drafts (Non-keepers, prospects, and extras)...((couldn't the extras just be lumped in with the non-keepers?)), they definitely shouldn't all go in the same reverse standings order.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 43043629)
Also, if there are 3 drafts (Non-keepers, prospects, and extras)...((couldn't the extras just be lumped in with the non-keepers?)), they definitely shouldn't all go in the same reverse standings order.

They won't. Haven't really decided how I'll do it. I'll either separate the free agent draft and dispersal draft or combine them. Either way I'll figure it out eventually.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 06:01 PM

Sent proposals to the top four teams in the league to guarantee someone a championship. :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 01-24-2012 06:04 PM

Let's see what we have here.

Edit:

:laugh:

I traded you Connolly for Brassard in the first place

Prongo 01-24-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 43043861)
Sent proposals to the top four teams in the league to guarantee someone a championship. :sarcasm:

Love the proposal but my only prospect worth holding onto is murphy. He is a great offensive threat that most likely be in the league next year. Gotta pass but its a great trade proposal.

Garbage Goal 01-24-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43044009)
Let's see what we have here.

Edit:

:laugh:

I traded you Connolly for Brassard in the first place

Well now you can fix your mistake. :sarcasm:

Garbage Goal 01-26-2012 09:44 AM

Trade going through right now. Veto it if you don't like it.

E. Staal and Streit for Read, Bernier, and Hamilton

I think I overpaid by a bit, but w/e. I'm in a rebuild and those three suit me better then Staal does. I'm also trying to trade either both Lehtonen and Hiller or just Rask. Two quality starters or one of the best young goalies in the league ready to start. Take your pick and send me an offer.

Garbage Goal 01-26-2012 01:34 PM

Another trade of mine going down. Lehtonen for Caron and Armia.

Garbage Goal 01-26-2012 01:59 PM

And another one bites the dust. Hiller for Glennie and Merrill.

Beef Invictus 01-26-2012 02:01 PM

I'm considering moving at Rask..

Garbage Goal 01-26-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 43147863)
I'm considering moving at Rask..

So is another person. I'll move him, but at a high price. He's a great young goalie primed to take the reigns from an aging Thomas on an elite team in the league. Plus without him that leaves me with only Bernier and Markstrom as my goalies.

Ultimately, if I do move him, I'd like to package him with Ribeiro and Connolly for a nice package.

Beef Invictus 01-26-2012 02:11 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure I'm looking to shake things up that much just yet