HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Monarchs vs. WBS Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=109028)

David A. Rainer 10-16-2004 07:01 PM

Monarchs vs. WBS Penguins

Monarchs lead 2-0, still in the 1st period on two more goals by Lehoux.

What the hell got into this guy!?!?!?! On second thought, who cares? Just keep doing it!

Old Hickory 10-16-2004 07:36 PM

KingBlazer has posted that he's had a really strong pre season and a great off season. Maybe it's time for a Lehoux article or interview :)

KINGLEWOOD 10-16-2004 07:59 PM

4-1 Smyth from Cammalleri and Gleason

KINGLEWOOD 10-16-2004 08:25 PM

Hat Trick for Lehoux!

Old Hickory 10-16-2004 08:25 PM

Hat trick for Lehoux

5-1 Monarchs

two out of three* 10-16-2004 08:26 PM

Will the AHL ever be on National TV? Because I don't get Comcast Network. Im talking about Adelphia and stuff like that.

Someone should ask to have AHL games shown on NHL Centre Ice.

Chartrand 10-16-2004 08:29 PM

Maybe the All-Star game.

You can see local Comcast broadcasts over the internet, but for some reason they're cutting back their coverage of AHL games.

KINGLEWOOD 10-16-2004 08:29 PM

I know the Manchester vs. Utah game next week will be on Altitude TV. I don't know if you get that or not?

Old Hickory 10-16-2004 08:29 PM

Rullier just fought Armstrong from the Penguins and won big time

Old Hickory 10-16-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD
I know the Manchester vs. Utah game next week will be on Altitude TV. I don't know if you get that or not?

Altitude TV? I am guessing I don't get that on my cable system

Capn Brown 10-16-2004 08:41 PM

Why won't the damned streaming audio thing work for me? Is it because I'm not special enough or what?

KINGLEWOOD 10-16-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Altitude TV? I am guessing I don't get that on my cable system

It's a Denver based station. I got the sports package with Dish so I'm able to watch programs from other markets.

jfont 10-16-2004 09:04 PM

has anyone followed lehoux during the offseason?

did he do any extra work to get off to a fast start like this?

or is this just clear motivation in his part cause he's getting drowed with all these other prospects?

LuckyLUC20 10-16-2004 09:42 PM

Great start to the season for the Monarchs! :handclap:

Reaper45 10-16-2004 09:42 PM

Haha Lehoux is lighting it up, and I picked him for an AHL fantasy league that I'm doing...keep it up Yannick! Hopefully when the NHL resumes he earns a spot with the big club.....or at least a callup....

ReggieMoto 10-16-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Monarchs lead 2-0, still in the 1st period on two more goals by Lehoux. What the hell got into this guy!?!?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
has anyone followed lehoux during the offseason? did he do any extra work to get off to a fast start like this?

I'll tell you, it looks to me like Lehoux's maybe gotten a little sharper and quicker. But his performance really doesn't look a whole lot different from that of last season. He's always had pretty good moves and been able to crash the net with the puck pretty well, but there wasn't ever much of an opportunity once the puck left his stick. The biggest change is the line he's centering now. Last year he centered a much less talented line. This season he's centering Clarke and Kostopoulos (Cammy's got Smyth and Brown). He's getting and presenting a lot more scoring opportunities now.

This really could be his year, and so far it has been (2 games, 5 goals, 1 assist).

ReggieMoto

dafranchz 10-16-2004 10:37 PM

How is Lehoux doing actually distributing the puck around the ice to his linemates? I remember him to be a very "me against the world" kind of player.

BINGO 10-16-2004 10:40 PM

I agree Reg, the biggest difference is his linemates. He looks REAL good so far. Hope he keeps it up, and puts up similar numbers to the Q.

dafranchz 10-16-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BINGO
I agree Reg, the biggest difference is his linemates. He looks REAL good so far. Hope he keeps it up, and puts up similar numbers to the Q.

The Q....now that's something to remember.

Chartrand 10-17-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
How is Lehoux doing actually distributing the puck around the ice to his linemates? I remember him to be a very "me against the world" kind of player.

I thought his problem was that he was too unselfish and wouldn't take any chances on offense. He'd move in and dump it to a teammate instead of finishing it himself, which he's had the capability of doing.

King Blazer 10-17-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
How is Lehoux doing actually distributing the puck around the ice to his linemates?

He's been distributing nicely. He set-up Noah at least once last night and Friday and Noah got blanked by good saves. Lehoux's assist on Friday came when he was playing the point on the 1st PP unit. His first goal Friday was from a turnover that he created in the NZ with a poke-check. TK collected the loose puck and sent Lehoux in on the goalie. Great work.

A few of Lehoux's goals have been through Cycling and give and go. His third last night he was second man through, Noah slipped it to him and bang, roof job. The whole line is skating well, moving the puck well, and Lehoux is finishing for now. Next game, maybe it's Clarke that's doing the finishing.

T2M 10-17-2004 10:35 AM

I want to know how he's handled himself in physical contact and away from the puck. THN yearbook had him listed at 6-2, 220. That's big league size. Any chance that he could be that center we've been looking for now that he's getting a chance, or does he still have "too much to learn"?

Fat Elvis 10-17-2004 12:33 PM

I think that is a little big for Lehoux. How has everyone else been playing; Grebs, Brown, Gleason, Kanko, Hogeboom, and the rest. Who's impressed and who has disappointed, Don't include Lehoux we already know.

Capn Brown 10-17-2004 01:03 PM

How's Lehoux's D? I was under the impression that his defensive game was why he didn't have offensive linemates the last two seasons. I take it he learned the D?

ReggieMoto 10-17-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2M
THN yearbook had him listed at 6-2, 220.

The Monarchs web site player roster lists him at 6' 0", 200lbs. The game night program lists him at 6' 1" and 170. I don't think he's ever been at 220, and 170 seems closer than 200.