HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Patrice Brisebois: Corey Perry to be traded to Vancouver Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1091987)

Rivet52 01-27-2012 06:08 PM

Patrice Brisebois: Corey Perry to be traded to Vancouver Part 2

Continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1091553

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:08 PM

And we're off!

Quote:

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

According to the ex-NHL player Patrice Brisebois, there would be a trade in the works sending Corey Perry to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.

This was reported by another Ex-NHLer, Enrico Ciccone on the TV Show ''Le Match''.

Still according to Brisebois, Perry would've recently told some Canucks players that he would be ''joining them soon''.

Thoughts?
You buy it? You don't? Is this package enough for Perry?

Go crazy!

Royal Canuck 01-27-2012 06:09 PM

So for Perry, we would be giving up Raymond, Schneider, Ballard and a 1st? I don't like the resource much though. Patrice Brisebois? really?

Offdapost* 01-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 43200049)
And we're off!

yes i am,

seriously though this will make the canucks perennial contenders now

TOML 01-27-2012 06:10 PM

Hehe.

Part two.

CCF23 01-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 43199855)
I'm still not sure why Vancouver doesn't consider moving Luongo instead. Or, at the very least, give him some more games to see how he handles it.

There's a few reasons.

1. Luongo has a no movement clause and Gillis has stated he will not ask players to waive a NMC/NTC (although if the right deal came along I'm sure he would).

2. Luongo's contract will limit the number of teams that would want to acquire him.

3. Schneider's trade value is likely higher than Luongo's considering he still has 1 more RFA deal to come (so he'll remain reasonably priced for at least a little while longer).

duplo 01-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roach9 (Post 43199399)
You'd be looking at Ballard for the same reason we're looking at Perry. We don't NEED more forwards, but the more the better. Unlike real life, an NHL roster cannot have too much of a good thing.

The Ducks getting Ballard is smart as your system seems capable of honing quick-defenceman's capabilities, as opposed to the Canucks' system that rewards patience and quick puck-movement, something Ballard isn't too great at.

Plus Ballard sounds like a name an actual duck would have, an intagible that Anaheim always covets (Getzlaf, Fowler, etc).

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duplo (Post 43200109)
Plus Ballard sounds like a name an actual duck would have, an intagible that Anaheim always covets (Getzlaf, Fowler, etc).

How do you get mallard from Getzlaf?

Paralyzer008 01-27-2012 06:12 PM

Nothing to see here, this is obviously BS, nothing from the big insiders on this and they were covering trade deadline today for about ten minutes on Insider Trading, the supposed knowledge Perry has of the situation is even more laughable.

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF23 (Post 43200107)
There's a few reasons.

1. Luongo has a no movement clause and Gillis has stated he will not ask players to waive a NMC/NTC (although if the right deal came along I'm sure he would).

2. Luongo's contract will limit the number of teams that would want to acquire him.

3. Schneider's trade value is likely higher than Luongo's considering he still has 1 more RFA deal to come (so he'll remain reasonably priced for at least a little while longer).

It just seems like there's a bit of a love-hate relationship with Luongo, and going with Schneider would be an opportunity to get the goaltending you need, while also improving the team elsewhere.

Think of what you could do with the extra space. Sure, it won't last forever, but that little bit can make a big difference.

2 12 oz Drinks 01-27-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duplo (Post 43200109)

Hahaha it's the little things that make a team better.

DrChill 01-27-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 43200153)
How do you get mallard from Getzlaf?

just sounds ducky

DrChill 01-27-2012 06:14 PM

Don't think this will happen but I would be all for this if it did happen.

Canucks bring up Lack or sign a backup? Turco?

duplo 01-27-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drchill (Post 43200215)
just sounds ducky

right?!?!

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrChill (Post 43200215)
just sounds ducky

But ducks have crap on top of their head. Getzlaf doesn't.

Static 01-27-2012 06:15 PM

I thought it was locked because the idea was just that stupid. Apparently not.

CCF23 01-27-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 43200201)
It just seems like there's a bit of a love-hate relationship with Luongo, and going with Schneider would be an opportunity to get the goaltending you need, while also improving the team elsewhere.

Think of what you could do with the extra space. Sure, it won't last forever, but that little bit can make a big difference.

Well there's also the point you brought up with Hiller in that there's no way to know if Schneider will be able to handle a starting job as well as Luongo. Say what you will about Luongo's shortcomings, he's still one of the top goalies in the league, and handing the reigns to Schneider by dealing Luongo would be risky.

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Static (Post 43200281)

It's a valid thread. It has a source. Stupid or not, it's a rumor.

JawandaPuck 01-27-2012 06:17 PM

As a side note, Ryan Getzlaf spends his summers in Kelowna BC.

2 12 oz Drinks 01-27-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

I thought so as well. Don't worry, it probably will be soon enough

Jonas1235 01-27-2012 06:17 PM

Dreger basically just dismissed the idea of the Canucks trading Raymond and Schneider. Kind of hinted at this possible deal, saying that its quite unlikely that the Canucks will make any trade for a big time player.

Sojourn 01-27-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF23 (Post 43200299)
Well there's also the point you brought up with Hiller in that there's no way to know if Schneider will be able to handle a starting job as well as Luongo. Say what you will about Luongo's shortcomings, he's still one of the top goalies in the league, and handing the reigns to Schneider by dealing Luongo would be risky.

It would be one of those moves that seems brilliant if it works out for you, and beyond stupid if it doesn't. So, yeah, of course the GM isn't going to do it. :laugh:

CpatainCanuck 01-27-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

The moderator usually leaves a note before locking a thread explaining why it was closed. Reading this note should eliminate confusion in the future.

jimmythescot 01-27-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 43200259)
But ducks have crap on top of their head. Getzlaf doesn't.

Imagine Daffy or Donald Duck saying Getzlaf. It would be hilarious. Now imagine them saying Perry.

That's why he's surplus to requirements.

Domhnall Dubh 01-27-2012 06:19 PM

Didn't read through the last 30 or so pages of the first thread. Just wondering, were there any updates on this/any sources besides Brisebois?