HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Speculation: All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1092475)

BoltSTH 01-28-2012 04:32 PM

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

With the Trade deadline only a month a way I started this thread.

IMO was we will not be buyers, as SY will not give up the assets or draft picks to do anything substantial. We may be sellers, depends on on the next 10 games, and even then nothing substantial unless is a no brainer offer.

I Am Beat You 01-28-2012 05:49 PM

We should be sellers regardless, at least to some degree. There are picks to be had out there and we've got several upcoming UFA's who other teams will have interest in.

Bish please 01-28-2012 07:14 PM

I would move any UFA for picks and prospects. I wouldn't be against Moore coming back but if we can get a 2nd or something close for him I would jump on it, Clark and Kubina should have some value to playoff teams as there is always a few medicore defensemen getting good returns at the TDL (Campoli last year, Staios, Corvo the year before.)

Pronounced Anders 01-29-2012 09:25 AM

Bingo, and outside of Moore I hope we don't bring those guys back anyway.

Top 6 Spaling 01-29-2012 06:42 PM

Assuming Yzerman decides you will be a seller at the deadline, what would it take from the Preds to get Ryan Malone. I know he has a NMC, but let's say he waived it. I know he isn't a rental, so it'd be higher value from the Preds than if he was. Poile keeps saying we're bringing in a "Mike Fisher level player", and Malone seems to be there.

Not sure what you need, but we have plenty of picks and young defenseman.

Still All In 01-29-2012 07:15 PM

I can has Josi?

Top 6 Spaling 01-29-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton (Post 43273979)
I can has Josi?

Not for Malone. Josi is currently our #3 D man, and didn't look remotely out of place on our top pairing when Weber was out. He has more value than Ellis or Blum. I would only give him up in a deal for Stamkos or Lecavalier (neither of which will happen, I'm just saying he won't go unless a star is coming back).

Vasilevski 01-29-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 43274261)
Not for Malone. Josi is currently our #3 D man, and didn't look remotely out of place on our top pairing when Weber was out. He has more value than Ellis or Blum. I would only give him up in a deal for Stamkos or Lecavalier (neither of which will happen, I'm just saying he won't go unless a star is coming back).

:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

What about Ellis for Malone?

Top 6 Spaling 01-29-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viktors89 (Post 43275369)
:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

What about Ellis for Malone?

yeah...Josi is gonna be a stud. I don't know why he's so under-hyped.

I would be tempted, but I don't think that works for us right now. We have a top 5 PP because Ellis or Weber is always on our point, so we always have a dangerous shot. Maybe if you add, it could work.

The Yzerplan 01-29-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 43275553)
yeah...Josi is gonna be a stud. I don't know why he's so under-hyped.

I would be tempted, but I don't think that works for us right now. We have a top 5 PP because Ellis or Weber is always on our point, so we always have a dangerous shot. Maybe if you add, it could work.

Malone+2nd+Kubina/Clark ?

Top 6 Spaling 01-29-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 (Post 43276841)
Malone+2nd+Kubina/Clark ?

He's only going as part of a package for a bigger piece, not vice versa. Blum, however, is availible.

garmonbozia 01-30-2012 01:48 AM

Malone for Blum? I'd do it, though I'd much rather add a little more for Ellis or a lot more for Josi.

I wouldn't trade Stamkos for all 3 of Josi, Blum, and Ellis. I would consider trading Lecavalier as part of a Weber or Suter deal if I thought we had a realistic shot of re-signing whichever was coming back. But...NTC unlikely to be waived, face of franchise, horrible lifelong contract (overblown more than reality)...etc.etc.

Not likely.

chasespace 01-30-2012 08:24 AM

Blum+4/5th for Malone?

Still All In 01-30-2012 08:28 AM

I figured it was worth a shot.... Josi is such a stud.

fairweather26 01-30-2012 09:06 PM

Clark leads the team in blocked shots with 110, the guy is a damn puck magnet. He also strips the puck pretty well. For his price, I'd re-sign him.

Doctor Drej 01-31-2012 09:49 PM

Probably wouldn't look for Moore to go anywhere.

From LeBrun:
Quote:

Moore a hot commodity
Center Dominic Moore would be a sought-after commodity at the trade deadline given his playoff performances the past two years for Montreal and Tampa.

However, Moore’s agent Larry Kelly told ESPN.com on Tuesday that there have been contract discussions with Tampa regarding an extension.

"Yes, we have had discussions, so we’ll see what happens," Kelly said.

Slated for unrestricted free agency July 1, Moore likely would be in play closer to the Feb. 27 trade deadline if the Lightning are unable to get back into the playoff race.

Pittsburgh is among the teams believed to have interest in Moore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl

I Am Beat You 01-31-2012 10:11 PM

It creates a good point of leverage for Yzerman, make a good offer or he's off the market.

I'm hoping for a good offer.

Pronounced Anders 02-01-2012 07:07 AM

Moore is kind of a dick, but he's also the perfect #3 center. I wouldn't be displeased if he stayed.

zeykshade 02-01-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAB4Norris (Post 43391413)
Moore is kind of a dick, but he's also the perfect #3 center. I wouldn't be displeased if he stayed.

I love the way he trolls other teams. LOL.

Bolto 02-01-2012 12:52 PM

It's not in the online version but in the print version of Damian Cristodero's Lightning Notebook in today's Times he writes that there were ten teams with credentialed scouts at last night's game. I wonder what teams and who they were looking at................

MrMcGz 02-01-2012 02:34 PM

Who is this Josi?

TheDaysOf 04 02-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMcGz (Post 43409081)
Who is this Josi?

Roman Josi. He's a Swiss D prospect for the Preds. He would have played for them in the Olympics back in 2010 if he wasn't hurt.

Still All In 02-01-2012 05:36 PM

Josi is ****ing unreal and you'll know who he is very, very quickly.

Doctor Drej 02-01-2012 07:00 PM

I've seen some Preds games this year and he looked pretty good. Can't blame the Preds fans for wanting to keep him given the bit of uncertainty with Suter/Weber. He looks legit been getting 20 minutes a night or so past couple weeks. His two goals have been absolute bombs too.

Skip Bayless 02-01-2012 08:16 PM

I would do Malone for Blum.